FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

Despite his pedigree, I thought big Harry did well last Saturday.  Ross Draper bounced off him in their first challenge.  Big Harry certainly looked strong in holding up play and potentially could be a good squad member. We will need to work on his fitness for the Championship and give him lots of heading practice if that is a weakness. 

9 hours ago, ICTPaisley said:

20k signing on fee and another 20k at the end of his contract as well.

Is the 20k at the end not a goal bonus instead? Heard it was if he got 20 goals then got another 20k, could be both I suppose 

On 7/16/2023 at 12:07 PM, Jack said:

What is the latest with Harry Lodovica?

The club are giving him an extra week on trial owing to him having a strain. He was a spectator on Saturday. I believe I read that in the Courier which had this headline ..for subscribers   

Inverness Caledonian Thistle are delaying decision over trialist

By Andrew Henderson 

Published: 22:30, 13 July 2023

| Updated: 11:22, 14 July 2023
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic

Longstaff's pedigree isn't bad - Liverpool youth system, England u17 international. But he had a pretty underwhelming loan at Queen's Park in 2021-22 where he was only really a squad player in League One, then he didn't really register on the radar at Cove last season. I imagine he'll be this season's Steven Boyd - a cheap backup wide player who we're hoping will live up to earlier potential. I'd prefer we were signing players who clearly improved the starting lineup.

Edited by hislopsoffsideagain
  • Agree 1

The QP boys thought he was a waste of a jersey, but the Cove fans were more positive. Very tricky on the ball, but lightweight and never going to win anything in the air or track back.

13 hours ago, Robert said:

Winger Luis Longstaff has joined us on a two year deal:

Not sure we need another winger when we don't get people into the box.  At one point on Tuesday, Shaw made a great run down the left, and a good cross into the box... and there was no one there.

Mind you, every kid knows that you should look before crossing  :lol:

• Funny 2

2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

The QP boys thought he was a waste of a jersey, but the Cove fans were more positive. 

and we know which end of the table each of those teams were at for most of the season... will give the boy a chance and hopefully be pleasantly surprised 🙂

• Well Said 1

A Cove fan I know, who goes to their games home and away, feels he was their stand out player last season. He said he is hard working and will put in a good shift on the wing. He turned down a new contract at Cove and I’m told he is worthy of being at a higher level than them.

Time will tell but, as Scotty says, let’s give him a chance and show our support. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

Agree with those advocating for giving the player a chance.  He's looking to step up a level and isn't going to turn down a chance at that, especially on a 2 year contract.

What does continue to concern me is the fact that the clubs stated ambitions don't match the markets we're shopping in for players, and we're taking the same risks with signings that have bitten us on the ass the last few seasons.

If you always do what you've always done etc etc.

19 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

On the same day we are signing a squad player, Ayr have signed a game changer and match winner in Aiden McGeady.

He’s 37 and struggled with injuries at Hibs but it sounds like they hope he will have as much impact behind the scenes as on the pitch:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/former-celtic-hibernian-star-aiden-30523220.amp

Watching the highlights against Bonnyrigg and Dumbarton our defending for the goals was atrocious. I know we've only had four games since returning to 'action' but only one clean sheet and that was against Nairn. We are defo weak at the back.

• Agree 2