Scottish Cup 2021

CaleyTennis

Draw is tomorrow at 1915hrs, live on YouTube and Facebook Scottish Cup page. 

We are ball number 27 according to our official Twitter page. 

This round is the round before Premiership teams come in, I think apart from Dundee Utd as they are newly promoted, but don't take my word on that because I'm not sure if the newly promoted team still come in at same stage as Championship clubs. 

Any preferences? For me, it's Buckie but I am fairly certain it'll be Elgin as we always get them this round. 

• Like 1

Second round involves 40 clubs. The 20 first round winners plus 10 clubs from League 1 and 10 clubs from Championship.

Any home tie for me against a wee club but if I have to choose it'd be Buckie Thistle...because we like beating sides in green and white hoops in the cup.

• Well Said 1
  • Funny 3

Prefer to avoid any Championship clubs and maybe Thistle, Falkirk & Cove - Least then there is a slim hope in the next round we may get a big team and TV game which would be much needed income (especially with no fans)

Fully expect it'll be Alloa or someone from our League Cup group just to give a bit of variety!!!!

12 hours ago, Gringo said:

Second round involves 40 clubs. The 20 first round winners plus 10 clubs from League 1 and 10 clubs from Championship.

Any home tie for me against a wee club but if I have to choose it'd be Buckie Thistle...because we like beating sides in green and white hoops in the cup.

You will be a happy man tonight Gringo!

• Funny 1

It's bad this Covid 19 has caused all this problems.  This would have been a good away day for us with easy travel and a good payday for a highland League Club which does not always happen.  

I hope Brora get through and Hearts have to travel up north without a night in the luxury Kingsmills, the turkey sandwiches will be rank by then :wink:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Last time I was there we won 8-1 and Scott Boden launched his ICT career with 2 goals and went on to become a club legend.

First and last time I was there was way back in the Highland league days. 28 Aug 1993. Won 1-0 I think Charlie got the winner.

10 minutes ago, Gringo said:

First and last time I was there was way back in the Highland league days. 28 Aug 1993. Won 1-0 I think Charlie got the winner.

I think you sent me a couple of pictures from that.

Edit- yes, I used one in the summary of Caley’s Final Season. Shame I’m never going to have the skills/motivation to make a mobile version of the site. I thought I was doing well putting rollovers in 😂

Edited by TheMantis
  • Like 1

An away trip to Buckie in my childhood still holds fond memories for me too.  It was the first 'away' match I'd been to outside of Inverness, and I travelled on the bus with the Caley team.  Can you imagine how exciting that was for a youngster?  It came about because an elder sister of mine was friendly with a sister of Donnie (Ginger) McKenzie, one of Caley's stars at the time.  I don't remember anything about the match, but I recall the bus stopping in Forres on the way home for the team to go into a bar.  I had to stay on the bus, but was well provided for with crisps and lemonade.  Happy days!  'Ginger' became a great hero of mine, and in later years, a friend, after he had emigrated to Canada, where I visited him (and his family) in Winnipeg on a couple of occasions.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/29/2020 at 10:05 PM, TheMantis said:

I think you sent me a couple of pictures from that.

Edit- yes, I used one in the summary of Caley’s Final Season. Shame I’m never going to have the skills/motivation to make a mobile version of the site. I thought I was doing well putting rollovers in 😂

Found them 👌 Second pic is of 10CC taking the corner. My eldest lad (wearing the baseball cap) is sat on the advertising board by the corner flag.

7O33_dQ7Sma2Twk5LbEL7Q.jpgHnMWv3CyS9yPWO6EsTmhHA.jpgOgkrAlZ_R2WySl2YuKrFPQ.jpg

• Agree 1

The last time I was at Victoria Park Buckie was on the 21 November 1993. This was to see my beloved Jaggies take on the Buckie Jags, the game ended in a 2-2 draw. It was always a hard fought game against Buckie, and it would have been great to go back after so many years.

• Like 2

From one game that I would love to be at to another. Sod's Law.

Absolutely no scope for complacency against the Buckie Jags. The opportunity to play against a Premiership team, even one from a town smaller than Buckie, will be a huge additional incentive for them.

After the TV pick the 2 OF games, the BBC may opt for a Highland derby as of of their games.......although they may opt for the Aberdeen game if its Huntley or stay safe with the usual central belt bias. Not sure whether there is extra cash this year for TV games though?

Looking at the ties and IF we beat Buckie, there is no reason why we should not be on TV as there are no ties that are real stand outs, the closest being Rangers against Cove.

As it will be Yogi against the team he won the cup with, that adds to the story.