FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

hoolahan

Guest caley till AYE die

i know the deal is dead but can anyone tell me if liam fox is away to livingston? it said he was supposed to be leaving caley but nothing has been reported. he is one of my fave players. thx  :003:

You've kind of answered your own question there.

Barring injuries I can't see Fox getting much of a look in this coming season.

If I had to choose between Rankin & Hoolahan - I'd go for Rankin from what I've seen of both players

I'd go for Hoolahan. To be honest I've seen very little of Rankin, but Hoolahan has been very impressive when I've seen him. Considering Livi's disatrous season last year, Hoolahan must be pretty decent as he was one of the few players who continually earned good reviews.

I don't think we can complain about Livingston playing Hardball with regards any fee given the fact we are playing the same game with United.

Not the same thing. Livi have put Hoolihan on transfer market cos they cant afford to keep him. Hoolihan is getting desperate about finding a club before next transfer closure and is quoted as being prepared to take a substantial wage cut if ICT and Livi can agree a transfer fee that reflects the value of the player. I dont believe we have actually made an offer to Livi as yet.

I dont believe we are playing 'Hardball' with DU either. They have totally undervalued the players they want and we have let them know that they will get nothing for nothing.

As for Fox, he was free to negotiate with Livi but I haven't heard the outcome. Does anyone know if he is on the Italy trip. That would maybe indicate if e's staying or not.

As for Fox, he was free to negotiate with Livi but I haven't heard the outcome. Does anyone know if he is on the Italy trip. That would maybe indicate if e's staying or not.

I believe Fox replaced Rossco on the trip when he had to pull out and that Michael Fraser replaced Jonathon Smith on the trip (presumably because his proposed loan deal is now dead)

I see where your coming from Alex and I agree to a certain extent - however, just like we are wanting the best price we can get for our players, you can't blame Livi for wanting the best (or at least something) for Hoolahan.

I am not 100% certain what happened with the money we were due for Hislop but I think Livingston may have taken on the debt in return for our co-operation in letting the deal go through - I'm sure if that is the case it will be used as a negotiating chip for Hoolahan if CC really wants him.

We hadn't been paid the last I heard.  As we were still due money and this was preventing the move from Gillingham to Livingston.  It is my understanding that an agreement was made between ICT and Livingston regarding the money owed in return for our cooperation in letting the transfer go through.

Payment was to have been made to us by Gillingham in 2 instalments, I don't think we received either of them, which in effect meant we were £50,000 down.  I can't see ICT writing off what is in effect a players wages (and some) in order to benefit what was, at the time, a rival team.

MIchael Fraser's proposed move was a no go due to the fact we couldn't recall him if required.  I think Foxy was part of  the same deal as a swap for Hoolahan, but that has yet to happen.

Anyway hot of the press in tonights Highland News. Graham Bennet expects either Rankin or Hoolahan to join the team in Italy.  Talks are at an advanced stage with both.  We will only sign one of them though.  Should know more tomorrow as I think that's when Grassa is due to join the team, so I'm guessing he has 2 tickets booked.

Smart move by the club, we only want/need one of the players so it's all a case of which one buckles first.  Will C*unty risk losing a deal on Rankin and/or will Livi risk losing the chance of getting a high wage off the books - stay tuned!!!!

• 1 month later...