FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

One win in four or one defeat in four in the league? What camp are you in?

MrCaleyjag

What camp are you in?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How do you sum up our league start?

• One win in four
    • One defeat in four

This poll is closed to new votes

While it's early doors in the league, already there's a question that should be asked as it has a huge meaning on your perception to the start of the League campaign - do you see it as one win in four games or one defeat in four games?

Yes, most will say that at the end of the day it's still the same number of points but looking deeper into the question, actually it's a very different outlook.

I fall in the one win in four camp which in my eyes is not good enough for a team that should have their sights on winning the league and at the very least putting in a very big title challenge. Only three points of top some what hides a sluggish start and already going into a home game against Morton, whom we've struggled against in recent times, already seems like a must win especially given the abject performance last week.

I only hope that the management team don't fall into the one defeat in four as to me that would seem to indicate they'd be happy with the league start and a dangerous precedent to set.

I can almost get over an abject performance once in a while if we bounce back or if we can turn draws into wins, but for years now the draws have been the most costly in my eyes.

In times gone by, a draw would have been OK, as it was only two points for a win, but when you drop two points now, it's a significant amount. A few draws compared with other teams gaining three, can have them stretching their lead over us, even at this early stage in the season. Consistency is a real factor for any teams who have designs on promotion, having a great 4-1 win one week, and a disastrous 4-1 loss the next is not a team showing promotion form.

Let's get three points on Saturday, by upping the work rate and desire, and lets have more shots on goal, far too many sideways passes when near the box, take a gamble, have a shot, who knows where it will end up, a deflection, a corner or maybe even.....a goal!

• Agree 2

It's an attitude also. Sitting on a draw in a league game or going for the win late on. Going for the win will catch out the teams sitting on it and vice versa. If a team was going through a bad patch and just wanted to stabilise you can understand it. But if you have designs on promotion the mindset adopted ought to be of always looking for a winner. Have tactics ready to apply in such scenarios. 

• Agree 4