FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

v Dundee League Cup

tm4tj

6 minutes ago, STFU said:

We're clearly victims of if our own success and what we need is a season without any cup runs or play offs in order to get a better start and avoid being ravaged by injury.

Being out of the League Cup already means we're off to a good start in preparation for next season.

We won the first six league games last season did we not and look what happened . Bar the cup final that was due to a technicality we had a bloody awful season . 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, caley1 said:

We won the first six league games last season did we not and look what happened . Bar the cup final that was due to a technicality we had a bloody awful season . 

That was two seasons ago. Last year we started with two draws and we’d only one win in our first five league games. 

Being one of the hardy 121 at Dens I thought we played reasonably well and felt a draw would have been a fairer scoreline. I was very impressed by young Keith Bray who looks a real prospect and will be very unhappy if we punt him out on loan. Three defeats is concerning but I remain relatively optimistic for Queen's Park on Saturday. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

I thought Longstaff looked pretty lively when he came on. Put a couple decent crosses into the box. Lodovica did alright as well. Wasn't sure about him after seeing him in the friendlies but he could become a useful option. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I thought overall that was a good performance. The fact that Dundee couldn’t get the two goals they needed and exited the cup themselves was some evidence. You would also like to think we have a bit more to produce yet all things considered. Samuels is getting into the right positions and if he just takes a bit more care with final strike hopefully will start scoring. Saturday against Queens would be a good time for him to demonstrate scoring ability. Let’s get right behind them all come Saturday and get the season rolling by rolling over Queens 👸🤪

• Agree 3
  • Well Said 1

I reckon I will score before Austin Samuels this year, and at 60 I'm looking forward to it in one of those lovely orange tops . Poor Austin just looks clueless to be honest.

We'll play better and still lose, we'll play worse and win.  We won't win the league.

• Facepalm 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic