FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

v Pars (home)

tm4tj

4 hours ago, Robert said:

Dunfermline made us play hoofball by pressing our defenders

Kind of demonstrates how tactically basic we are that everyone is working out how to overcome us. Hoofball with with the pint sized recruitment is a gift for the cloggers in this league.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

When we started to revert to Hoofball in the second half, I thought the 'Magical Folder' might have told the clowns, sorry, coaches, that introducing Big Harry Lodovica might have been an option, but no, the said Magic Folder told them to take off Mckay and put on Samuels to try and out jump their big centre backs! It's not Dodds and Co's fault, bad Folder bad Folder.

• Well Said 2
  • Funny 5

12 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Kind of demonstrates how tactically basic we are that everyone is working out how to overcome us. Hoofball with with the pint sized recruitment is a gift for the cloggers in this league.

For most of last season, teams were pressing at our goal kicks so we had to go long. With Duffy pushing forward from right back, Ridgers was trying to find him at times but with mixed success and when Duffy won the header it didn’t always go to one of our players.

Anderson gives us some height in midfield so shorter kicks to him may work, but Billy and Brooks are small although they did win and retain possession from high balls more than I’d have expected.

A midfielder coming deep to pull the opposition midfield out of position would give us a better option in my opinion as it would create space.

But what do I know? I don’t have a magic folder!!

Edited by Robert
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1

45 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Everyone else does their homework. They know how to play against us. Doesn't seem like anyone in our coaching staff can be arsed sussing out how the opposition plays.

• Agree 5

Whilst I agree that Shaw is probably our best player, certainly in attack, his roaming across the park whilst looking to pick up the ball is leaving the midfield with a sh1tload of extra running to do to cover the spaces he leaves.

This was particularly evident early in the second half as our midfield collectively ran out of gas. I thought Anderson was doing well too until he pulled up with sone kind of strain.Tough first shift for him, I hope he is fit for the next battle.

Some half decent link up play between Brooks & Mckay in the first half, but an awful lot of offsides...poor timing/poor officiating or just a well drilled Pars backline?

Still lacking the composure of Welsh I'd say.

• Like 1

Watching the highlights, I now accept that Brooks was offside at his “goal”. It’s a pity they didn’t show the later one when he was through one on one with the goalie and got booked for slotting it home after the whistle had gone. It was very tight from my view. 

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Robert said:

Watching the highlights, I now accept that Brooks was offside at his “goal”. It’s a pity they didn’t show the later one when he was through one on one with the goalie and got booked for slotting it home after the whistle had gone. It was very tight from my view. 

Can't say for sure but did it not come off the defender as he challenged Mckay?

• tm4tj unpinned this topic