• After a home scudding by DUtd
    • After a home scudding by Partrick
    • Before the end of 2023
    • Just right after the colosure of the January transfer window
    • When we are relegated automatically
    • When we loose the relegation play-off
    • End of this season
    • Never, he has a 2 year deal and he will laugh at us all and see it out

I don’t believe BD is the root problem here, merely a symptom and part of a deeper problem in the declining fall of the club as a whole. 
Sure BD has been found out to be a poor to average ex-player manager that was/is unable to get (imo) average players to compete above their abilities. His shortcomings in any structured patterns of play just compounded the problems. The results, (facts) speak for themselves.

Simply BD was available, local and cheap, so the fitted the ‘Powers’ specification! 
DB reign is already slipping away, it’s just a matter of time now!

The problem in getting a manager that can get better results that doesn’t bury the club deeper in debt, (love for someone to prove that wouldn’t be an issue). A better game plan will reduce the goals lost and improve the chance of wining (not hard right now I know). It’s not too late to still make a fist of it and maybe get into the playoffs, however I believe that’s a stretch too far. Being ‘safe’ from relegation this season would be a success for me!

Anyway, back to my main point. As long as the club maintain the same strategy then we will end up with a short term fix. I don’t think I’m the only person that believe the club has to look at what is realistic with the expectation of the fan base and income from merchandise and ‘other’ sources. Ventures so far (concerts) have done more damage than good with local businesses and put the club on the back foot! 
Throw in an incomprehensible communications policy just exasperated the aging and reducing core fan base to alienate a good number. Getting them back will be a challenge, but it must be done. 

Others have already said it on the forum, and I have to concur, I can’t see the board in its current structure being able to have the backing of a good bulk of the support to have faith in them to make a success of things. 

It may take the courage of other board members with imagination and new contacts for funds-investment to step forward and propose a different route from the current path. Certainly a reset of fan relations would be a simple and welcome gesture. This would require the CEO and possibly the chairman and the SLO to change roles, but they may recognise the clock is now ticking on their tenures and a managed change may suit everyone!
The fans have to also come to terms with where ICT are and what is achievable in the current and next 5 years. Everything about ICT right now says Championship. Progression will be slow and based on youth players coming through better than the past (how I don’t know), and a steady and imaginative way to increase our fan base.

Really putting this up as ration assessment where I am rather than just ‘let’s get rid of the manager’. Results are everything in football so just hope any change is thought through long term.

bc 

Edited by big cherly
  • Agree 2

59 minutes ago, big cherly said:

I don’t believe BD is the root problem here, merely a symptom and part of a deeper problem in the declining fall of the club as a whole. 
Sure BD has been found out to be a poor to average ex-player manager that was/is unable to get (imo) average players to compete above their abilities. His shortcomings in any structured patterns of play just compounded the problems. The results, (facts) speak for themselves.

Simply BD was available, local and cheap, so the fitted the ‘Powers’ specification! 
DB reign is already slipping away, it’s just a matter of time now!

The problem in getting a manager that can get better results that doesn’t bury the club deeper in debt, (love for someone to prove that wouldn’t be an issue). A better game plan will reduce the goals lost and improve the chance of wining (not hard right now I know). It’s not too late to still make a fist of it and maybe get into the playoffs, however I believe that’s a stretch too far. Being ‘safe’ from relegation this season would be a success for me!

Anyway, back to my main point. As long as the club maintain the same strategy then we will end up with a short term fix. I don’t think I’m the only person that believe the club has to look at what is realistic with the expectation of the fan base and income from merchandise and ‘other’ sources. Ventures so far (concerts) have done more damage than good with local businesses and put the club on the back foot! 
Throw in an incomprehensible communications policy just exasperated the aging and reducing core fan base to alienate a good number. Getting them back will be a challenge, but it must be done. 

Others have already said it on the forum, and I have to concur, I can’t see the board in its current structure being able to have the backing of a good bulk of the support to have faith in them to make a success of things. 

It may take the courage of other board members with imagination and new contacts for funds-investment to step forward and propose a different route from the current path. Certainly a reset of fan relations would be a simple and welcome gesture. This would require the CEO and possibly the chairman and the SLO to change roles, but they may recognise the clock is now ticking on their tenures and a managed change may suit everyone!
The fans have to also come to terms with where ICT are and what is achievable in the current and next 5 years. Everything about ICT right now says Championship. Progression will be slow and based on youth players coming through better than the past (how I don’t know), and a steady and imaginative way to increase our fan base.

Really putting this up as ration assessment where I am rather than just ‘let’s get rid of the manager’. Results are everything in football so just hope any change is thought through long term.

bc 

Agree with most of that except the SLO / CEO thing. CEO needs to go and is the root of much of the rot. 

Also, everything about ICT doesn't say Championship. It says First Division. 

• Agree 5

Whilst there are plenty here that are dubious that the board would change manager so soon after giving him a two year deal, I think that the next three games are a real time of danger for Dodds.

Raith away and Dundee United at home are two games which it is easy to see us lose. The third is Arbroath away; a defeat there to a club seen as a likely relegation candidate - which would leave us adrift at the bottom with a just a single point from seven league games - would surely induce panic. Also, after the Arbroath match there is just one more game before a two-week international break in October - that three week period (with a caretaker in charge of that game, against Partick Thistle) would give ample time to find a new manager...or to muck around for a while before just reappointing Robbo...

• Agree 1