FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

v Raith Rovers (a) Sept23

tm4tj

11 minutes ago, big cherly said:

Hard to be objective or see anything positive when we’ve just lost again on the back of a disastrous start of the season. I’m not going to defend the players, manager, CEO or any other official here (the results lay bare our shortcomings). 

There is an air of resignation and acceptance from most of the fans that irrespective how much they complain or register their dissatisfaction the club batten down the hatches and adopt a bunker mentality and ignore any criticism.

I wasn’t at the match but taking in the comments from the fans that were, the performance of the team was good and should or could have taken something from the game if we would have put the ball in the net, (there goalie had a good match by all accounts)!
The defence appears to be improved and tighter which is where bulk of our losses came from. 

So there are signs of the team getting it finally together. It wouldn’t surprise me if we carried this over to next Saturday and finally get a win!!

I don’t take BD’s line he wants the win for the fans, it’s to save his own skin. A win against DU keeps BD secure for now. I’m all for getting rid of SG, but unless the Chairman and Board have the courage and conviction to challenge him nothing will change.

Slow signs of improvement by all accounts, but far too late!! 

I certainly agree that there has been an improvement in performances, little comfort though it is, and perhaps we are clutching at straws in looking for positives in this dismal run. But Raith are a very good side, top of the league, and we went away from home to them and were the better team. Does this also suggest that Dodds had the team organised and motivated, and the tactics were actually pretty good? Just putting it out there for discussion!

I’m sure some of you have seen this on P&B. Fair play to him it made me laugh 

t’s finally happened!

We are the best! We are the best! We have beaten Inverness! It is completely unbelievable! We have beaten Inverness! Inverness, birthplace of Nessie! Billy Dodds, Ross Tokely, SuperCaleyGoBalisitic errr Nebula,  Kessock Bridge, Big Tesco — we have beaten them all. We have beaten them all.  P&B can you hear me?...Those boys took a hell of a beating! Those boys took a hell of a beating!"

• Funny 1

32 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

If the strikers are finding it difficult to score, surely that is down to the way the strikers are coached? If only we had an ex international striker as our coach to show them how it's done!!!!!

Surely no one needs to coach Billy McKay the clubs leading goal scorer?! 

• Well Said 1
  • Facepalm 1

29 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

If the strikers are finding it difficult to score, surely that is down to the way the strikers are coached? If only we had an ex international striker as our coach to show them how it's done!!!!!

The strikers know how to finish, the defenders know not to dither on the ball or pass to the opposition, the keeper knows not to come for a cross he has no chance of reaching. There’s only so much can be done by coaching of experienced players when it comes to the basic skills!

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Pinched off p&b. Us in January compared to us yesterday…

IMG_8672.jpeg

IMG_8671.jpeg

Yes, says it all Mantis. Ultimately this is the only measure that will register with the lot in the boardroom. It’s the only power the fans have to force change!

bc

Edited by big cherly

Not convinced it will register with decision makers.  They already have money from Season Ticket holders and home walk ups are/were minimal anyway.  Not showing up away makes no difference to us financially, and as we're easy points then it may actually encourage larger away support at our place which, bizarrely, will be more financially beneficial in the short term.

Not suggesting this is a deliberate move by the club, just  posturing on why they may choose to continue ignoring fans and fan actions.

19 hours ago, tm4tj said:

The only good thing to come out of this is that Raith now know that we are far superior to them. Could easily have been 3 or 4 ahead at the break. Dabrowski was MotM for a string of saves in the first half. However, despite our defence picking them off easily, we conceded a late goal and the rest is history 😡

Understand (I think) what you mean, but maybe ‘ICT was the better team on the day but couldn’t score’ more accurate! 

Nothing (on or off the field), to back up ICT are superior to RR just now. 
bc

Edited by big cherly

14 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Whoever had the final disastrous decision to award the tactically naive talentless excuse of a coach a two year deal, needs to be first out the door. It smacks of giving him protection against the sack. In one of the Wyness Shuffle podcasts, Gardiner was asked about how close we were to changing the manager when we were on that eleven game winless run, and he said something along the lines of very close, so, any CEO worth their salt wouldn't have handed out a two year deal, when they know that he has that in his locker, it should have been at least a rolling contract, or in a perfect world, Dodds would have left after the Scottish Cup final, with nothing, that would have been in the best interest of the club, which the CEO is supposed to be responsible for, instead of putting them in such a perilous position. Is another defeat today against Raith acceptable to the club now? Or are they waiting till we hit eleven games without a win till they act?

Also who backed that decision and who registered any objection??

bc

Edited by big cherly
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, STFU said:

Not convinced it will register with decision makers.  They already have money from Season Ticket holders and home walk ups are/were minimal anyway.  Not showing up away makes no difference to us financially, and as we're easy points then it may actually encourage larger away support at our place which, bizarrely, will be more financially beneficial in the short term.

Not suggesting this is a deliberate move by the club, just  posturing on why they may choose to continue ignoring fans and fan actions.

Can’t agree, it’s the strongest card the fans hold. The alternative is what, more of the same of the current system and structure? Ask the board nicely via the match day survey the fans would like a win? 
bc

Edited by big cherly

20 minutes ago, big cherly said:

Can’t agree, it’s the strongest card the fans hold. The alternative is what, more of the same of the current system and structure? Ask the board nicely via the match day survey the fans would like a win? 
bc

I didn't say fans shouldn't do anything (have you read any of my posts on here recently?), just pointing out the mentality of the kind of people we've got running the club just now.

3 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Wow! Caleyaway normally a pretty loyal forgiving lot. This pictures speak volume re our current set up and situation 

Sadly I think the further we go down the harder it is to come back up. We didn’t get a boost after winning Scottish cup years ago when we were good. What will happen now re attendances  less merchandise sold etc 

5 minutes ago, jagster said:

Sadly I think the further we go down the harder it is to come back up. We didn’t get a boost after winning Scottish cup years ago when we were good. What will happen now re attendances  less merchandise sold etc 

I think the away lot (I go to most myself normally) will come back? I agree though there are no signs of improvement on the horizon sadly 

• Like 1

Interesting to see some taking positive from the results by suggesting improvements in performance. Our next game is another tough one although at home to a top end DUtd and tbh the expectation is another defeat. Next away to Arbroath has relegation 6 pointer all over it before another tough game at home to another top end team inPartick. Its not looking to positive.

More importantly is the fact we are rooted to the base of the table, longer this goes on the pressure will build on the players. I'm not sure we have 'tough characters both physically and mentally for a relegation battle. Longer this 'unlucky' run continues the more likely we are too see a complete confidence collapse and desperation taking over. While the management seem Teflon to the fans position I'm not sure the players will be. We lack a leader and its going to show.

2 hours ago, STFU said:

I didn't say fans shouldn't do anything (have you read any of my posts on here recently?), just pointing out the mentality of the kind of people we've got running the club just now.

Yes to your posts and position (and mindset of the powers). I just think everything the fans and trust could do has been done. The only thing that registers with the powers is unfortunately money and it’s reducing that source will get hopefully some of the other board members to act!

bc

• tm4tj unpinned this topic