FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who's going doon

Heilandee

I think they are worse than Livi to be honest, they have bought their way up the divisions buying old players and not a hope for the future with such a small catchment area and no thought of a youth set up. Their players have chosen money over loyalty and Mileson made a mockery of Scottish Football by showing how easy it is to become a successful club if you throw money at it.  I hope they get a reality check next season and Mileson finally gets bored after things stop going his way.

They don't need a youth set up.  There's a perfectly decent set up not far from where they are in the shape of Carlisle.  I'm told that all the young players that don't make it at Carlisle go to Gretna in order to further their career.

Guest kcj

Gretna won't be in the spl for more than one season anyway imo, they're struggle on through 07/08 season and go down next year.  :33:

They don't need a youth set up.  There's a perfectly decent set up not far from where they are in the shape of Carlisle.  I'm told that all the young players that don't make it at Carlisle go to Gretna in order to further their career.

Haven't Gretna cancelled their youth programme because they could no longer afford it with the wages being paid out to their first teamers?

I don't know, probably.  There's a guy I work with here, who's dad is pally with Mileson.  Aparently Gretna wasn't even his first choice team to be a sugar daddy for!

Game over 4-1 to the pars... making a fight of it for sure!

3 sent off plus bookings...then i saw the ref... Dougie feckin Mcdonald  :33:

Looks like saturday will be a game and a half, all sorts of permutations, if we beat Pars and Midden beat Well, season is over.

However if midden and pars win, well will be sh1ttin it...if well beat the midden and pars beat us....

Question: If Motherwell were to be relegated would Gretna still get to groundshare with them?  I would think not given that they would be in different leagues just as that factor ruled out us sharing with St Johnstone in 2004/05.

Question: If Motherwell were to be relegated would Gretna still get to groundshare with them?  I would think not given that they would be in different leagues just as that factor ruled out us sharing with St Johnstone in 2004/05.

Keep up RowS, :004:

Last Week

From the SPL web site

Ground Share

If a club intends to "ground share" or occupy a ground other than one owned by the club concerned, then such an arrangement requires the approval of the Board of the SPL.

And from Gretna

Monday, April 30th, 2007

The Scottish Premier League have today approved Gretna’s proposals for a ground share with Motherwell Football Club next season.

It doesn't have to be another SPL ground.  The only requirement is that they have primacy of fixtures at the ground which they wish to share and that it meets the current SPL Stadia requirements.

The most practical solution is sharing another SPL ground, but it could just as easily be a Rugby Stadium, Shinty Stadium, the Grass Area in the centre of an Athletics Track etc provided it meets the requirements or is given special dispensation by the SPL Board.

Gretna already have the planning permission for a 6000 all-seater stadium - not sure how many seats they have at present but they should be allowed to use those and any temporary seating they wish to install for next season on the understanding that the new stadium is completed for season 2008/09 - In order to ensure compliance for 2008/09 a financial penalty clause can be included in the agreement.

It's crazy that a club in a community of 3000 people is expected to have a 6000 Seater Stadium in the first place.  It's not like they will need 6000 seats in the near future and other than the Old Filth not many clubs are going to take more than a few hundred supporters to away games.

HeilanDee: Keep up RowS,

Last Week

OK smart ***, I'm not on here every day nor do I read all other threads.  This is because I don't find the boards as interesting as they used to be.