FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

FAQs

I see on another thread that someone is referring to "Ross County's Football Academy". I just couldn't be arsed commenting, but thought why not have an FAQ about common and recurring misapprehensions about this wonderful club of ours. A kind of "Newbies Start Here!"

I have had a few ideas just to get started...

Why does everyone hate Neil Lennon?

Why don't they change the name to Inverness City?

Why is Richard Hasting known as "Judas"?

You get the idea...

Great idea and a worthwhile addition to the site.

We'll be doing a bit of work on the website over the closed season so this could be included as one of the projects, and one which everyone could get involved in by providing stuff for inclusion.

My only suggestion is that we call it a Trivia Section as we will be introducing and upgrading the FAQ's for using the site and it would save confusion.

I see on another thread that someone is referring to "Ross County's Football Academy". I just couldn't be arsed commenting, but thought why not have an FAQ about common and recurring misapprehensions about this wonderful club of ours. A kind of "Newbies Start Here!"

I have had a few ideas just to get started...

Why does everyone hate Neil Lennon?

Why don't they change the name to Inverness City?

Why is Richard Hasting known as "Judas"?

You get the idea...

If i get the right jist of this thread then;

Neil Lennon is a player who no-one likes due to his uncompromising style of play, foul mouth and the way he frequently bends the rules in order to make up for his lack of pace and skill. Also getting Juanjo sent off by blatantly cheating has led to a strong dislike from ICT fans.

The reason ICT are not called Inverness City IIRC (somone correct me if i'm wrong) was because ICT was the most popular choice betweeen fans and the club itself when put to a vote.

Richard Hastings has been given the tag 'judas' for lowering himself to play for Ross County.

few questions from me!

-what purpose dos the'highland' football actually serve clubs like ICT?

-In relation to building a 4th stand, would it really be that expensive to re-route the existing gas main that runs along the length of the pitch?

-Why is ICT lacking so much off the park when our on the park achievements have been nothing short of amazing?

Not exactly Trivia questions there Librero.  Trivia would be something relating to the club/support which had a definite answer - a "Facts List" would perhaps be a better description.

Your questions, although legitimate, are a seperate thing altogether.

For those who don't know (not many since they've had quite a lot of coverage) Inverness City already exists. The title, which was firmly rejected by Caley Thistle, was then snapped up last year by a new team under the managership of Stevie Graham which has just finished its first season in the North Caledonian League. They've done very well indeed.. not  far away from winning the league but did win a couple of cups, beating Golspie Sutherland (where former ICT player Robbie Benson is asst manager) in both finals.

PS - I hear Alex Bone is going to be signing for Golspie.

How about a transfer talk section??

There will be LOTS of speculation over new players/signings over the summer and why not have it in 1 place rather some in the Rumour section and some in the main ICT section - just a thought

For those who don't know (not many since they've had quite a lot of coverage) Inverness City already exists. The title, which was firmly rejected by Caley Thistle, was then snapped up last year by a new team under the managership of Stevie Graham which has just finished its first season in the North Caledonian League.

Inverness UNITED was also in existence when Caley Thistle was formed (not sure if they are still around), but the fact that the name was already registered at (then) Park Gardens was one of a few reasons why the name wasnt chosen.

How about a transfer talk section?? There will be LOTS of speculation over new players/signings over the summer and why not have it in 1 place rather some in the Rumour section and some in the main ICT section - just a thought

As opposed to 'The Rumour Mill' forum which is a place to discuss speculation about new players/signings or departures and other rumours you mean ? The fact that some people put it in the ICT section is because they dont put it in the right place !!! - if any thread offends on that basis, please let one of the mods know and we will move it if we agree that it is 'rumour'. If enough people want a separate board for transfer talk as opposed to general rumours we can easily add one.

Which leads to my most FAQ ever. "What did Charlie say to Boner?"

Charlie told me - but I was sworn to secrecy !!! honestly, it wasnt that bad !!! he just said it at exactly the right time  :rotflmao:

Guest sophia

The cartoon haymakers as Bone was dragged away was just about the funniest thing I've ever seen on a football field, apart from Ian Wright trying to mix it with Rosco.

FAQ - What exactly happened in the home dressing room on 8th Feb 2000?