FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hastings and McAllister...Goal Heroes???

MichaelICT

I wonder if anybody at the start of the game could have predicted who would get the goals , Dargo and Bayne , Dargo and Wilson , Dodsy and Rosscoe. No . It was probably the last two you would think of Hastings and McAllister . Considering the fact that Richard has only scored 2 goals in his 300 Caley Thistle appearences and McAllister who only scored two this year and I thought would be the next player to leave the club would come up with the goals is amazing . I wonder what the odds were... :cdn: :cheer01:

I didn't think Hastings had ever scored for the club  :015: Wonder if it'll go down as an OG though?

Bet Chick Young feels even more of a t*t than usual after his 'Dunfermline are staying up' article on the BBC  :rotflmao:

For once credit to Charlie and Donald for taking the risk playing a 3-3-4 formation . Zander made a bit of an impact while Rory did well . Thought that the only player that didn't have a good game was Markus .

After Richard's golden goal against Mexico and his Champion's league goal in Russia I am sure today's effort was one of his best.

Rory is finishing the season on a high. International recognition and a good sub appearance capped with a goal. When he reaches the full international level the doubters will cringe.

Graham Bayne hardly got a mention for 100 appearances the other week - what do players have to do for ICT to get praise?

Rossco's 400th - a hero if ever there was one. Even the referee gave him a card today to mark the occasion.

Let's not forget Michael Fraser actually kept us in the game today with some top quality saves.

Darren Dods actually deserved a massive applause for his outstanding contribution to the club but left quite quietly.  Brilliant signing Robbo!!

And who would have thought that Zander Sutherland would come on and end up marking Tom McManus out of the game? He had him in his pocket. :clapping03:

Well done to Charlie for giving the youngsters a chance. Thats the second time this season Sutherland and McAllister have turned the game for us against the Pars. Rory had an amazing 25 yard pile driver just pass the post before he scored, and even though his goal was deflected I reckon it was going in anyway.

Up until their introduction we were p1sh. Jigsaw Bayne performed like a Lada Riva, Dargo looked like he was going through the motions. Paatelinen kept trying to do the same trick every time he got the ball and got tackled every time. The only penetration we got was from Richie Hart, but his final touch was lacking. Blackie looked back to his best pulling the strings in the middle, the seasons ending at the wrong time for him.

The best player on the park was Dunfermlines left wing back - if we're looking at nicking some of their players he should be top of the list.

Because we were shooting the "wrong" way today, I finally got a look at Zander. He is going to be one **** of a player. Every time he got the ball, instead of finding space, he took 3 or 4 players with him, and quite frequently got the ball into the middle. The game shifted gear when he came on. With him, Markus, Rankin and Cowie, again we are going to have some great young players next season.

Top result!

According to Ian Broadfoot's impeccable statistics, that was Richard's third goal for Caley Thistle, the other two having come in something of a scoring spree in October and November 1995. So that was the first time he'd scored since he was a teenager... not bad for a man who turns 30 and reaches his 300th appearance this weekend.

yeah - nice one Richard and Rory ..... heard the in-stadium bookies took a bit of a hit on this game too  :rotflmao: more for the result than the scorers though.