FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

SITE UPDATE - Comments, Bugs, Problems

CaleyD

The last couple of days, I can't get quotes, links, photos etc to work. I've posted 3 to my knowledge that just display the HTML which doesn't appear (to me) to have any faults.

I'm guessing that there's a setting for HTML that's been disabled?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will check what settings I added to the "senior moderator" designation as no-one else seems to have any issues. I may have inadvertently ticked or not ticked the relevant box  :004:

I cant see any settings preventing you from adding links/signature/urls etc but you may want to stick a couple of test posts in here to see if what now appears to be working is indeed working !

• 2 weeks later...

When I try to access Footy Focus > Match Pictures I get

"You are not authorised to view this resource.

You need to login."

Tried it with Safari and Firefox. Not with PeeCee though.

Seems to be OK for other pages.

nothing in there now anyway - we stopped adding pictures as an article and moved them all to gallery ........ will disable the link.

however - to give you an answer on why that message appears it is because you are not logged into the main site. When we were having our major brainfart problem we decided to make all pages on the main site "public" pages so no more pages that are only viewable by registered users. Because of this we removed the login box on the main site and just left it on the forum.

I will add a login box back to the very bottom of the page on the homepage only - just in case anyone gets this problem again - but please note, it will not log you into the forum as one of the speed issues we encountered was because of the integration between site and forum logins and we removed that !

• 4 weeks later...

It's already there, you just have to turn it on.

Go in to the Profile Tab > Look and Layout Preferences > you'll then see a drop down box near the bottom of the different options which allows you to hide it, have it but show it off (collapsed) or show it on (expanded).

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody else having probs accessing the Predictions League i keep getting the following:

Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Access denied for user 'joh061076'@'hillmont.dreamhost.com' (using password: YES) in /home/intornet/caleythistleonline.com/PredictionLeague/dbasefunctions.php on line 122

Could not connect to mysql02.caleythistleonline.com Access denied for user 'joh061076'@'hillmont.dreamhost.com' (using password: YES)

Why ?? Anybody help please.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a quick note to let users know we have re-enabled a couple of forum features today as the site seems to have settled down recently.

1. Member Map :

[attach=1]

The member map shows where our users say they are from ! It can be viewed at the link shown and you can set your location via your profile (forum profile information option). If you havent previously set your location, it would be good to see a few more names and places on the map ......

2. Who's Online list : (specially for TCF).

[attach=2]

click on the Icon or on the list of users/guests on the main forum list page and you will be able to see where on the site our users are ... not sure why you would want to, but the feature is available again.

We have however removed one component that was causing a lot of problems and that is the "from the archives" section on the main site.

Working with our hosts we discovered that this component was responsible for a lot of the speed issues on the site as it randomly picked two headlines from all those we had ever published. That should have been fine, but unfortunately, the coder who wrote the component did it in such a way that it meant that every time the front page was displayed, the component did several hundred queries in the database - reading all the old stories and picking two to display - The upshot was that this component alone was accounting for more than 2.6 million database queries per day which as you can imagine slowed everything down. When we disabled it, the speed increased visibly and the strain on our server dropped by about 90% !!!

post-2-1201793131.gif

post-14-1201793131.gif

intermittent speed issues are usually related to our hosts - either a hardware problem on their end or because one of the other sites on the server we share is busy. we can do nothing about that. the features i re-enabled are not very server intensive so dont increase the load on the server by much. right now, server load is around 3 which is fine.

• 3 months later...