FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Liam Keogh

clacher_holiday2

He was kind of out of the picture with us due to his constant injury trouble, hence the reason he took up the offer from Peterhead.  At the time they were offering full-time contracts, that has now all changed and contracts are being re-negotiated on to part-time basis.

With Peterhead going part-time he had to decide whether to stay with them and get another job to help support his family, find a new full-time contract elsewhere (and uproot his family again) or get a full-time job away from football.  I believe he has an engineering or oil industry related degree and was looking at that as a career move, whether that would allow him to remain part-time with Peterhead or not I don't know but he wasn't in the squad for last weekends match.

What a guy, I remember watching him once in a cup game, he absolutely blasted past two quite hefty defenders, straight through the pair of them.  They both just had this "what the feck was that" look on their face!  The man was a tank!

Shame it didn't work out! 

Good luck Keogh!  :clapping03:

What a man. I remember the cracker he scored against Clyde in the penultimate game in the first division. he also got a yellow for being pleased about it, [taking top off and swinging it in the air]

Anyway we have a cracking team now and when they are ALL up for it they make most teams look sh**e irrespective of the so called value of the opposing team. 

Good luck to him, I would have him back in a second too (he could share a taxi with Hissy)

robbo was the only one who could get the best out of them sadly, he was the only manager we've had post-pele who encouraged a bit of fight in the team.  it got us promoted (with the challenge cup on the side)

still, im sure macbain and dennis will give it their all this weekend  :017:

incidentally.. i was just wasting time on youtube and managed to catch our goal of last season (in my opinion it was munros dig into the bottom corner v celtic) which as only possible due to keoghs tackling and harassment in midifled, we miss it badly.  in another video we lose to celtic at home, the season before, in the highlights they score from a bizare open position infront of the defence, with mcbain and duncan BOTH standing off so far that duncan actually collides with munro, then petrov scores.  later inthe same game harts off the bench, as soon as petrov lines up a shot in a similar position he is taken out by ****, no messing around and it protects the goal. 

we seem to have lost our way under charlie boy, we shouldve been going after aggressive, hard players this summer.  the likes of macdonald or cowie look good in theory (cant think of a better phrase) but in practice they are ineffective, if the other team are more up for a battle then we're screwed, even gretna and there spl rejects will beat us by showing a bit of passion

i only hope that bayne and nicolae will form the kind of partnership that can drive everybody else on.  from the online videos ive seen of nicolae he looks a powerful runner and doesnt mind taking a challenge, he could be the most important signing we've ever made if his ability is matched with commitment

Guest sophia

?Macdonald or Cowie look good in theory (cant think of a better phrase) but in practice they are ineffective?

Clacher, I completely agree with you, they have had their chance in the fag end of the game last week.

I say lets bin them and get Keogh back. I really think he could play in both their positions at the same time.

Oh wait a minute, he couldn?t score, had no pace and was always injured.

Oh well, back to plan A.

Guest TinCanFan

I don't think binning a player like Dean McDonald is a good idea.  He's just come to ICT and only played the last ten minutes last week because of a foot injury.  The same goes for Cowie who has also not been here very long.