FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

For Goodness Sake

us2

What a life it must be to be a manager, footballer, supporter, member of the board, a joy to read all the positive things (and not so) on the forum.

I am just a small incidental fan but I am getting so fed up....

Whoever is appointed to be Inverness Caledonian Thistle Manager can we not just get behind them and the team.

OK so we all have opinions and rightly so, but I hope that when the dust settles we will look to the fact that if we are on this Forum does that not mean that we want whats best for the club.

I just want us to have a great season, and I have my opinion on who should be at the helm but its not going to be me that chooses or you unless you have great ICT powers so we should just make the most of it.  GET BEHIND THE TEAM THAT YOU SUPPORT!

OK so we all have opinions and rightly so, but I hope that when the dust settles we will look to the fact that if we are on this Forum does that not mean that we want whats best for the club.

I (and many others by the looks of it), believe that brewster is NOT in the best interest of the club. Therfore I will use this vehicle to convey my opinions. If others dont agree, thats up to them

LOL folk having opinions and actually writing them down on a football forum! Whatever next!!!!!  :023:

Quite honestly, if footballers/managers can't take a slagging then they shouldn't be reading the forum and they DEFINITELY shouldn't be in football. There is a difference between a slagging and abuse and thats what the mods are for here and what stewards are for at matches. If you dont like whats being posted then REPLY and DEBATE but dont try to stop others having an opinion!

It could be worse.  It could be the school holidays!!!!

Could it get any worse than it's been for the last few days? It's actually an embarrassment to read many of the posts that have been made recently. Don't they teach English in school these days? If you are posting and want to be taken seriously, then at least use the Spell Check feature if your spelling isn't up to scratch.

AND PLEASE, NO MORE FECKIN PETITIONS!!!

AND PLEASE, NO MORE FECKIN PETITIONS!!!

shouldnt that be spelled '*******' petitions

people are entitled to have their say no matter their emotional state, after all its just a football game and nothing more, if we were having an impassioned debate about britains involvement in iraq or the un's lack of action in sudan then perhaps calling for everybody to calm down would be appropriate... but no here

we're talking about a football club and its future.  football clubs dont operate in the real world, they have a totally unique client base and an unprecedented ability to draw media attention that sets them apart from any other form of entertainment or business.  its madness does have its casualties, this week thats charlie christie, who was letting the fake overpaid world of football get ontop of his real life and had to call it a day.

the rest of the circus is carrying on as normal without him and if im totally honest ive loved every minute of it this week; from the legal posturing from the club against the mods, the media speculation regarding brewster/warnock, the realisation of many that one of the last true caley/thistle men have quit the club, conspiracy theories, bitterness, calls for the head of this and that person all the in-sniping and petitions/votes everywhere on on the board with unresolved on field issues like defensive cover, marius, rory etc all still lingering....... this has probably been the most confusing and interesting week i can ever remember as an ict fan and im 100% confident that no matter the managerial appointment this weekend we will come out of it a **** of alot stronger.  ive been calling for things to be shaken up for a long time, both on and off the park, i think that when we reflect on the last few days later in the season it'll only serve to highlight how boring and predictable a club we were to support under charlie christie (i have to say that it wasnt his fault)

its interesting that the club seem to have had an eye on this website throughout, i only hope they appreciate that not everything thats said should be taken as it may first appear.  the internet allows us to immediately publish our thoughts in whatever emotional state we happen to be in at the time of writing.  its very easy to say things in the heat of the moment without giving yourself real scrutiny or thinking about how you will come across to other users, themselves accessing information in often very emotional states.

its also difficult for most users to appreciate that the people theyre moaning about could well be reading the website as theyre writing, the internet removes all barriers that once existed between fan and footballer.  anything thats posted on here should be written for all audiences, by that i mean both the person/people in question and the writers peers on the website

though nobody HAS to consider anybody else when contributing on here, thats the beauty of websites like these, 99% of what people say is what they genuinely feel and the emotion thats been displayed this week has come from real anger or affection...  which can obviously upset some along the way, but those people will have to grow broader shoulders or go back to letter writing in shoot magazine

[img width=500 height=651] CCF040307_00000.jpg

i think i meant the other shoot magazine

C'mon Clacher Holiday...

It's time you published your age on this site --wave the flag and all. :011:

It's challenging to try to always consider what every person in the world is thinking about one's posts but if  the best we can do is simply to be honest and forthright and let the chips fall where they may then that's not a bad approach is it.?

By contributing an honest opinion on this site we emphasise that our opinion and feelings have a valid outlet, are open for review and in essence the act of expressing them is more important that what other people think of them because when others follow our example by responding in kind we always have the option of changing our own minds by  reading their thoughts. In short, the expression of opinions results in a balancing process with the object being to get things right. Go on..make my day by saying yes.  :023:

The fact that the Management of the club may be accessing these forums on a regular or even a semi-regular basis is encouraging because this implies that they are tacitly acknowledging the existence of the fans and , accordingly, their often unacknowledged but important influence on the club.

Therefore it promotes a sense of togetherness that is a good thing and makes some of us feel warm and fuzzy. No one likes to be ignored no matter how independent-minded a person we may think we are.

Whether they choose or decide to act on what they learn from this scrutiny is up to them but, if nothing else, it is smart PR.

Next chapter..... :022: