FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT V Dundee Utd - matchday thread

Scotty

Do you honestly think we are your relegation rivals? In that second half the gulf in quality of the two teams was huge and we are 7 points clear already. If Utd are relegated I pledge to become a monk.

I guess people daring to suggest that is based on awkward little facts like ICT finishing ahead of you in every single one of our SPL seasons and your tendency to flirt with the bottom of the table before hauling your little orange bottoms out of the frying pan :016:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Arab4Ever

Do you honestly think we are your relegation rivals? In that second half the gulf in quality of the two teams was huge and we are 7 points clear already. If Utd are relegated I pledge to become a monk.

I guess people daring to suggest that is based on awkward little facts like ICT finishing ahead of you in every single one of our SPL seasons and your tendency to flirt with the bottom of the table before hauling your little orange bottoms out of the frying pan :016:

well yeah its a ***** but its got hee haw to do with this season, i think probably todays game would be a far better pointer of who is going to finish where (although obviously there is still a long way to go). dont forget either that the man who is set to become your new manager is partly responsible for United's bout of shitness.

dont forget either that the man who is set to become your new manager is partly responsible for United's bout of shitness

Agreed. The main author of your problems over the last few years is still in position though.

I wasn't there today - playing golf....

I'm interested to read the comments about Dods.... How the **** is Brewster going to get the backing of our support, taking into consideration we have been utterly dire since Dods left for DUFC and will probably remain so until a suitable replacement for him is found....

I'll be very interested to see and hear just how he proposes to deal with that...... given that he was instrumental in paving the way for Dods's transfer to DUFC....

5. McCaffrey - Played quite well and was unlucky not to score in the first half. 7/10

Were you at the game? He was absolutely gash and the rest of the defence are suffering because of his lack of confidence.

Sounds like a team lacking confidence at the bottom of the table, start off brightly play some good stuff miss their chances, then the opposition score and they capitulate.

Brew got some turning round to do.

Gavize spot on report.

We looked good till half time then once we conceded a freak, you see about a dozen of them every season, goal, the heads dropped. Both penalties looked fair enough to me, no complaints there, it's the manner in which we capitulated that irks me.  Niculae looked sharp in the first half, deft flicks and darting runs, whistled one cross into the danger area, begging to be put away, alas no takers. Header well saved, Baynes rasping shot clawed away by the keeper, ****, we were on a winner.

Second half was a nightmare, we were again our own worst enemies, shooting ourselves in the foot more than once. Will need to see the telly on the first, but whoever is to blame will know themselves, Fraser looked sheepish, the rest maybe should shoulder some of the bleme, but when an innocent bouncing cross ends up in the bottom corner of the net someone needs to take control of the situation and lead by example, that did not happen and if Dods was there today the ball would be in row R.

Game of two halves undoubtedly, the second being the decisive one.

The good news for Brew is we can't sink any lower than this, and the only way is up

It did not come out right FoF, but what I was hinting at was it is a good time for Brew.........or a/n other to come in as we have sunk to the lowest point of our SPL reign, in other words, it makes it easier for him to come in and raise morale as we are now rock bottom.

It was a tale of two half-time team talks - ours was clearly less effective.

I saw some real quality in blue and red today - we dominated the 1st half and were all over them. Niculae, Black, Cowie, Tokely and Bayne were spectacular. What a pity we didn't score! Still, I felt that a goal would come if we kept playing like that.

Second half though - well I didn't see the 1st goal because a wide wumman with an armful of pies was passing in front of me looking for her seat. The goal seemed to knock us off our stride. Giving away the penalty was unfortunate - I thought Fraser had it covered and that tackle was unnecessary. The second penalty shouldn't have been awarded.

Am I the only one who thought Russel Duncan was gash today? The number of times he gave the ball away!

Anyway, the quality IS there. All we need is a decent manager to manage it. With Brewster we had a team that was very difficult to beat. That'll do me!

In that second half the gulf in quality of the two teams was huge

Dods was a huge factor in todays result, you would probably have won 3-0 had you still got him.

Bit of a contradiction n'est-ce pas?

BTW anybody would become a monk if they only had Dundeh hairies to look forward to for the next 4 years  :rotflmao:

With you there bucket, decent organisation will solve a lot of the issues.

We were not totally shite today, first half good and looking forward to second half...........then the second half came...............

Wake up everyone, Utd were dreadful in the first half, misplaced passes etc.    We should have been in front at half time!    The second half was a perfect example of disasterous defending against an extremely average team.  Mccaffrey and Munro is just not going to happen,  they were appalling in the 2nd half and Mikey Fraser wasn;t much better.  If we don't sign a new keeper we're down, no questions.    I have never seen an ICT with so much disorganisation and so little heart after going a goal down.  There is no positives from today.    Bring back Brew he can do no worse!!!! (and i really don't want him to come back!)

As I said to others today - we are currently disorganised, disinterested and heads are going down quickly, things this team could never have been accused of in the past.

It wasn't all that long ago our lads would walk off the pitch after a defeat and still have heads held high because they knew themselves they had given their all....they need to get that spirit and fight back and we need to start believing in them again.

McBain is as much use as the tattoo on IHE's erse.

In defence of McBain (and you will rarely hear that coming from me) he simply shouldn't have been playing at left back. i expected Morgan to get a game and the mere fact he was yet again left out of the squad makes me question if he should just be released?

Guest Black_country_thistle

another disappointing result anyone know where you can catch match highlights south of the border

:023:

Guest Arab4Ever

In that second half the gulf in quality of the two teams was huge

Dods was a huge factor in todays result, you would probably have won 3-0 had you still got him.

Bit of a contradiction n'est-ce pas?

BTW anybody would become a monk if they only had Dundeh hairies to look forward to for the next 4 years  :rotflmao:

After I made that post I thought of altering it because I thought someone might take it the wrong way but no, I left it because Dods is the lynch pin. He was the difference between the sides. HE IS GOD I TELL YOU  :crazy07:

And Im pissed, not often an arab toasts a 3-0 victory though :002:

Ahh, good morning, it's a bright and breezy day down by the firth,  <yawns twice> I had a nightmare last night, I dreamt a small team from Dundee came to Inverness and beat us 3-0, ha ha ha (thats the same as lol for you younger posters)

I have now sneezed fifteen times and blown my nose eight times and the reality is starting to sink in. We were beaten 3-0 by a wee team from Dundee <sobs inconsolably into his cup of tea>

Looking back on yesterday, we have to a mann slagged off the teams performance, yet at half time the garden was rosey, we were attacking with gay abandon (can I say that) raining shots in on the United goal and unlucky not to be a couple of goals ahead. The wheels well and trully fell off in the second half and we could have lost four or five goals. Life is not going to be easy and we may well find ourselves pointless after the first six or seven games.

Still, the incoming manager has a job to do and the players at his disposal have not become bad players overnight. The confidence of some of these guys needs a boost right now, they need some direction, leadership and adjustment to their sights. Relegation will come into play at some time in the ICT history, lets try and stave it off for another few seasons. All the expectations of top six, Europe, winning cups, come on, lets get real. We have probably recently witnessed the best days that ICT will ever have, we have all been part of it and for some it was not enough.

<TM4TJ taps loudly on the screen>

Hey you, yes you..........it's you I'm talking to..................I will say this only once, your team needs you, get behind the team for this is going to be a difficult season..................

.................and I repeat that for those that are hard of hearing

I will say this only once, your team needs you, get behind the team for this is going to be a difficult season..................

TM4TJ - as I get older I find it gets harder to convince myself that it was all a dream, although, believe me, I tried this morning!

On further reflection, I was very disappointed with Dundee United. Despite this great start they're supposed to be having to the season, they were absolute pish yesterday. And then we presented them with 3 goals.

It's no less painful today.  :009: :019: