ICT V Dundee Utd - matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I were a betting man I might put a couple of quid on Arbroath to beat us  :029:

It could have been a different result totally if we'd taken one of our chances in the first half and we did play some lovely stuff

Still not sure what happened to us in the second half. It was like half the team had been replaced by there non-football playing identical twins  :007:

I'll need to see the goal and the penalties again as the second award looked quiet dubious. Rank rotten defending prevailed though.

Oh how I laughed as Wilkie plodded around at centre forward during the first 45 minutes then watched on in horror as he proceeded to terrorise our 2 centre backs following the break. the man has one leg and he was out running some of our lads. Caff & Munro will be having nightmares about him for weeks.

The defence is a shambles I'm afraid to say.

Maybe if Brewster saw some of the stuff said about him on here he'll think twice about signing up as manager & i wouldnt blame him

some of you are gutted cos we didnt get a big name manager  GET REAL !!!!!! at least Brewster can still score goals & hopefully he'll whip our team into shape , they looked knacked in 2nd half today  , not good enough  :020:

Guest TinCanFan

Well, it really is a game of two haves and another defeat.  Here's what I thought of each player:

1. Fraser - Had little to do in the first half and had one good save in the second but was nowhere near either penalty. 6.5/10

2. Tokely - Played okay in the first half but could've been sent off if he'd carried on like he was doing. 6/10

5. McCaffrey - Played quite well and was unlucky not to score in the first half. 6/10

6. McBain - Played the left-back position well in the first half but like the rest of the team didn't do much in the second. 7/10

8. Black - Got quite stuck-in in the first half and shouldn't have been taken off. 7/10

9. Bayne - Was quite good throughout and had a good shot well saved. 6.5/10

12. Duncan - Played okay throughout. 6/10

14. Munro - Played fairly well but gave away the secong and maybe the first penalty. 6.5/10

15. Cowie - Man of the Match according to the Match Announcer and played well in the first half but did little in the second half. 7/10

18. Niculae - Played very well through and had a header very well saved by the keeper. 7.5/10

24. Rankin - Did very little in the game. 5/10

first half - good performance, should have been two up but didnt take chances

2nd -    absolute garbage.comedy defending but nobody laughing.fraser at fault for first. no communication with defence.has to be seen to be believed. nightmare.zander still not played.rankin had stinker but stayed on.

hope we dont see any more" were playing well but not getting the breaks" crap from players etc. heard enough of that from dunfermline last year and look what happened.

Today we witnessed one of the the worst 45 minutes in the history of the club. If Charlie hadn't walked before this game he'd certainly have been sacked tonight. Peles third division part timers would have provided more of a challenge to that poor Utd side than we did today.

The only players to earn pass marks were Cowie, Niculae, Bayne and the subs. Everyone else was guff. What does Zander Sutherland have to do to get a game???????????????????????????????? He would've torn that dodgey Utd left back to shreds. But the only time he got on the pitch was the half time kick about. Rankin has gone backwards, he's as bad now as when he first arrived. He shouldn't have stayed on the park for 90 minutes, and he DEFINATELY deserves to be dropped next week. He was so positionally inept he had Niculae screaming instructions at him (a guy making his home debut!!!)

If our defence can't handle a donkey like Lee Wilkie (he ran rings around them on the ground, never mind in the air!) then we're in trouble. Thats 10 goals conceded already, 7 of them against relegation rivals. Shocking. Munro is a shadow of the player he was last season, he's giving away more penalties than Hugh Dallas. Perhaps the captaincy is affecting him, it's probably time to pass the armband on to someone else.

Fraser looked out of his depth today, the first goal was an absolute clanger, and he never looked confortable claiming the ball, or in command of his box at any time. His attempts to save the 2 penalites were laughable. He's one of these keepers who almost dives before the penalty taker even reaches the ball. Robson just passed the ball into exactly the same spot twice, he probably found it hard not to laugh! If he'd have taken 1,000 penalties today, Fraser wouldn't have saved a single one. Brewster almost punted Mark Brown when he first arrived, I can see MF having a struggle on his hands (no pun intended) to stay between the sticks.

On a side note, whats the craic with all our quick free kicks??!! We just end up wasting them. I'd rather we actually had some 'set pieces', thats what training is for right?

Anyway, I wouldn't even put money on that team out there today to beat Elgin, let alone Arbroath! Brewster has his work cut out for him. Our standards have dropped so far, we're probably worse now than we were in the SFL.

Cowie and Niculae were two real positives for me. Ross was about the cream of the defence with Caff in second place, although if we were standing them on a podium we'd have to dig a hole for poor Mikey today. Bayne worked hard, and Black and Wilson played well but why, why, why does Zander never get a run out? We played some lovely stuff in the first half and I was looking forward to a few goals in the second; unfortunately they came at the wrong end  :007: The first goal seemed to knock the stuffing out of the team - if the confidence is that fragile Brew has a major task on his hands. United played a far better game in the second half but I reckon we were worth a draw and, taking the team as a whole, certainly didn't deserve to ship three. The defence is another matter...

Anyone who felt that too-little-too-late substitutions were purely down to Charlie needs only look at today's performance. The minute the first penalty went in we should have pushed three up front.

First half was the best I've seen from us this season. We were superb at times, and bar a superb save from a Niculae header, and Caff missing a sitter(after brilliant play from Niculae) we should've been 2-0 at half time.

Second half was a shambles. We just went to pieces and completely lost our shape. I couldn't believe Blackie was hooked, while Rankin stayed on. Rankin was dire today. So was Fraser. So was Munro.

It's hard to see where the points are going to come from just now, but we really must get something at ER next week.

Has any player ever scored for two different teams at the same ground in consecutive league matches??

I was told that he just didn't look interested.

I disagree with the teller. He seems to have toned down the rash tackling a little recently, which may account for it - he doesn't look quite so suicidally committed as of old, which can only be a good thing. I thought he had a pretty good game today.

Our first two home games & gubbed 3 nil both times , i see we've got Hearts at home on the 22nd Sept  , they'll be looking to keep up the trend & get 3 past us too ,

is there a prize for a hat trick of 3 nil defeats

Aye, a trip to Dumfries.

Guest Arab4Ever

If our defence can't handle a donkey like Lee Wilkie (he ran rings around them on the ground, never mind in the air!) then we're in trouble. Thats 10 goals conceded already, 7 of them against relegation rivals. Shocking. Munro is a shadow of the player he was last season, he's giving away more penalties than Hugh Dallas. Perhaps the captaincy is affecting him, it's probably time to pass the armband on to someone else.

Do you honestly think we are your relegation rivals? In that second half the gulf in quality of the two teams was huge and we are 7 points clear already. If Utd are relegated I pledge to become a monk.

Dods was a huge factor in todays result, you would probably have won 3-0 had you still got him.