FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Bring it on home, Bring it on home

clacher_holiday2

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charles, you'll be honoured to learn that when my best mate bought me a copy of "Against All Odds" for Christmas almost ten years ago, he transcribed the full lyrics of "Bring it on Home" onto the title page. If it comes up for auction fifty years hence, perhaps someone will think you're responsible for the song as well as the book...

Mary Hill  - Can you or somebody else post the full lyrics on here

cometh the singing section

cometh the song

This movement is gathering momentum.

I'm reliably informed that Tullochs already have a planning application in for a minaret to be constructed at TCS, from where, on match days at 1pm, a  free church presenter will begin the singing of bring-it-on-home to call the faithful to worship

blue-mosque-minaret.jpg

TCS

if someone wants to send the mp3 to myself or Don, we will ask the club's permission and if that is forthcoming, make it available on the site for aural punishment.

the question is .... is it the main version, the rap version, or all versions ?

I've got all three versions as wavs and mp3s - volume very quiet though so I was going to try some some soundforge tricks to make them louder - I'm not a sound engineer though! I'm away out now but I could maybe have a wee look at it later / tomorrow!

Sorry Beachcomber - just dug out my copy and in fact only the first verse is there. It goes *ahem*

Bring it on home

Bring it on home

Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Bring it on home

Bring it on home

We play to the final whistle

Caley are the jags

We play in red and blue

Caley are the jags

We're doing it just for you-hou...

Joni Mitchell eat your heart out...

Sorry Beachcomber - just dug out my copy and in fact only the first verse is there. It goes *ahem*

Bring it on home

Bring it on home

Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Bring it on home

Bring it on home

We play to the final whistle

Caley are the jags

We play in red and blue

Caley are the jags

We're doing it just for you-hou...

Joni Mitchell eat your heart out...

Is it not

'Caley and the Jags

Wearing their red and blue

Caley and the Jags

Doing their best for yooou'?

I'm looking into it now, I think I can get my hands on a cassette if anyone wants one, but if you can leave it with me I'll get back to you soon (Promise).  We could definitely ask for it to be played at the home games though.

Its cringeworthy, its corny and yet after listening to it about 10 times tonight, its great !!!! .... not sure if its nostalgia because I am all the way over here or just because I havent heard it for a while

.... ok, this is my last post for tonight, must go lie down, the wife is telling me to wear that Jacket IHE gave me tomorrow morning, the one that ties up the back ..... she said something about men in white suits .....  :023: :crazy07: :crazy07: :crazy07:

Hearts have been broken,

Many an angry word's been spoken.

Families disunited:

Fathers and sons on opposite sides!

All through the years,

Both sides have fought their battles.

Now just one team,

They're on the run, a new fight's begun,

And the thistle and the eagle are one.

(thistle and the eagle are wo--on)

Bring it on home,

Bring it on home

etc

OK, it's not Shakespeare. But it does bring to mind Daisy Ross pelting down the wing, brim full of enthusiasm and running if not always able to deliver that killer final ball to wee Stewartie, ghosting in to the box.

Here's a thought: How many of our current team would have run out to the strains of "Bring it on home" when the song and the stadium were new?  Barry? Rosscoe? Hastings?

:015:

superb stuff.  thanks chris123!

that song is awful but i love it, i forgot about the electropop synthy punk bit towards the end, made my day that

lets get it back at TCS for the hearts game

How bout we start a petition  :029: :004:

I would however ask the supporters trust to put in a good word for the song.

CH2 - THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED

Just noticed your motto there - that might make a better anthem than BIOH (especially given the amount of coverage we get from Scotsport & Sportscene)

Did you know that Gill Scott Heron's dad played for Cellic at one time. (you probably did - it's a bit of a favourite football quiz question, but it's still a pretty extraordinary fact linking Scottish fitba with the brilliant anti-establishment poet and prototype rapper)

I also quite like the Edinburgh Bike Co-ops motto which they lifted from it - 'The Revolution will not be Motorised'

If ICT played 'The revolution will not be televised' Clach could play 'The Bottle'

Did you know that Gill Scott Heron's dad played for Cellic at one time. (you probably did - it's a bit of a favourite football quiz question, but it's still a pretty extraordinary fact linking Scottish fitba with the brilliant anti-establishment poet and prototype rapper)

i didnt know that, how the **** did that happen?

you know i first heard 'the revolution will not be televised' from a documentary about the venezuelan government being overthrown about 4/5 years ago, then of course herons life work thereafter... all a whole half decade after bring it on home  :001: