FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Wyness keeping his head out of the clouds.....

CaleyD

Very good article on the Scotsman Website (Clicky Clicky) about Wyness and his impending 100th goal.  Glad to see he's not getting carried away with the prospect of it coming against Aberdeen today and his approach seems very sensible.

Also goes on to mention that this is the final year on his contract and talks about his focus being on earning an extension.

Chick and the boys were taking the p*ss out of him on Radio Scotland today for not giving them an interview. They went as far as to say that he was out of order, and that players should be contractually obliged to talk to the media like in the States. The craic was something along the lines of "For all the money the media pours into the game, these players need to give us something back."

I think it's refreshing that a player chooses to shun the limelight and do his talking on the park.

Chick and the boys were taking the p*ss out of him on Radio Scotland today for not giving them an interview. They went as far as to say that he was out of order, and that players should be contractually obliged to talk to the media like in the States. The craic was something along the lines of "For all the money the media pours into the game, these players need to give us something back."

I think it's refreshing that a player chooses to shun the limelight and do his talking on the park.

Think it was all light hearted ..... RG was going on about how he's heard him give maybe one or two interviews in the 10 years since he left Aberdeen .... Chick was ripping the p*** out of the newspaper guy rather than Denzil and going on about how much money the newspapers (dont) pour into the game.

Think it was all light hearted

Absolutely, no malice in it at all, entirely tongue in cheek - and I'd a good, long while to listen to it as I spent an hour getting from the car park to the A9 (a big thankyou to the stewards, traffic wardens and police who, strolling past the endless line of cars, made it there far faster on foot).

I seem to remember when Wyness scored his famous goal against Celtic in the SC that, after the game, he shimmied his way past reporters out a side exit of the stadium to avoid having to talk to them.