FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Apportioning the blame ?

1. We knew that Dods would be a major loss - we decided to stick with what we have got - who decided that ?

2. We knew that Fraser would be a big risk but did not immediately attempt to seek experienced, reliable cover - who decided that ?

3. We embarked on a ludicrous pre season fixture list - who decided that ?

4. We dillied and dallied with CC when it was clear at the end of last season that he was under pressure and wanting to go - who decided that ?

5. We brought in Niculae on a wave of hysteria and started playing him when he was clearly unfit - who decided that ?

6. We knew that we needed a trade in replacement fer Dargo but decided on signing Deano ? - who decided that ?

And ya dont have to be a feckin mastermind to figure that all out.  :018:

This window had better be a feckin BIG one.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Aboynamedsue

So - we're out the Mickey Mouse Cup... So what - So are the Celtic.

It's not the end of civilisation as we know it....

We'll bounce back on Saturday.... Didn't we win this corresponding fixture last season..?

Aye we did indeed but arent you forgetting something Paul le whatsisnames gone

we'll need to put the 2  :clown22: :clown22: in goals at same time & even then we'd be lucky no to let anything in !

Guest CaleyJaggy

Good points IHE all of them I totally agree with, it does seem like we fecked up a bit with signings this season and not signing a big strong centre half has bitten us in the erse big time plus a natural goalscorer (or at least someone who knows the way).  This past summer should have been the time to make a big push to take the team to the next level.  Unfortunately it hasn't happened.  How we never got in a defender and a keeper with some experience to push Fraser I'll never know.  I must wonder at dropping Fraser for the Aberdeen match then putting him straight back in for the gretna game.  Zibi didn't have that bad a game and deserved the chance to play against gretna (But then I could have kept goal for that game).  

In Jan we need to get the defense sorted as McGuires deal is up iirc so we will HAVE to sign at the least a new centre half, and in my opinion someone who can put pressure on Tokely as I think he is looking out of sorts at the moment, especially the defensive side of his game

Lets be honest, psychology is a waste of time, it's a subject thought up to allow dimwits who couldnt' get into medical school to pontificate about people's minds.  A hundred years ago most pyschologists would have been feeling the bumps on peoples heads to tell their personalities.

Guest WynessLegend

If you want blame .........................

Caff is a liability (I belive he's conceded a needless penalty or gifted a goal in EVERY start this season).

The only good goalkeeping quality Michael Fraser has is arrogance. He is not, and never will be good enough.

1. We knew that Dods would be a major loss - we decided to stick with what we have got - who decided that ?

2. We knew that Fraser would be a big risk but did not immediately attempt to seek experienced, reliable cover - who decided that ?

3. We embarked on a ludicrous pre season fixture list - who decided that ?

4. We dillied and dallied with CC when it was clear at the end of last season that he was under pressure and wanting to go - who decided that ?

5. We brought in Niculae on a wave of hysteria and started playing him when he was clearly unfit - who decided that ?

6. We knew that we needed a trade in replacement fer Dargo but decided on signing Deano ? - who decided that ?

And ya dont have to be a feckin mastermind to figure that all out.  :018:

This window had better be a feckin BIG one.

I think that's a fairly good post IHE.  Very good points.

It was a very quiet and long journey back from Aberdeen last night!  :009: :019: :009:

I didn't agree with dropping Fraser, but we did, and now the lads confidence is shattered - what the **** do we do now? 

- Why does he come so far off his line - he's asking to get chipped!

- The 4th Goal was due to him not paying any attention at all to the game and getting caught short.

I do rate him as a Keeper, he's young and he'll learn, every keeper goes through calamity stages...we need to bring on home grown talent - but feck knows what we do now!

What's the point of resurrecting who did what in the summer? It doesn't make any difference now. One thing is clear - the overriding priority is to sort out our defence. We have given away so many cheap and unnecessary goals this season it is embarrassing. We have a potentially very good midfield and attack, but what use is that if we give other sides a goal or two gratis. It must be very disheartening for the rest of the team to see goals and penalties being given away so easily.

Its surely obvious to anyone at the club that Fraser is not good enough, not for this level anyway.

Also coming into this category are Caff & Hastings, not a game is played where these two have a feck up, Hastings gave away the first penalty, also got skinned for the forth, how many games have we won this season where Dickie has started the game? - one(Gretna)

Put Zibi back in goal, put Roy to left back and get a new defender in jan - a good defender.

Fraser is a shot stopper - instinctively superb - but can not handle the pressure!

Give him time to think and the lad seems to be caught out each time.

His defence, last night, rarely passed back and I believe that they are aware of his uncertainty and therefore this puts them under non required pressure. This pressure can then lead to goals!

Against Aberdeen, at home, the keeper was an integral part of the defence and was involved in moving the ball across the field as his defence passed back to him( no doubt some smart ar.e will come on and refer to his dead ball kicking)

If they, the defence, had the same opinion of Zibi that the posters on here do, I submit that the pass backs would not have occurred!

It's crystal clear that we need a reliable goalkeeper and a solid central defender.

We should have aquired these players in the summer but didn't. I'm sure that oversightwill be rectified during the january window.

The good news is that Gretna's abysmal form seems likely to ensure that we do not pay the ultimate price for our failure to replace Brown and Dods sooner.

Zibi should never have been dropped for the Gretna game, I thought he was as good as, if not better, then Fraser has been all summer.  His distribution is so much better and he is always looking for the quick throw-out to get the game moving back up the pitch, something that we have lacked.

His kicking needs a bit of work, but Frasers isn't much better and the kicking can always come good once he gets a few games under his belt.  This season, I have no confidence in Fraser at all - especially after that Kilmarnock game. He was gash that whole entire game and every time the ball came near him I winced.

Guest TinCanFan

A lot of people on here are saying a new defender is needed which I agree with but IMO the best defenders for ICT at the moment are Proctor and Steven Watt.  If I were ICT manager I would play Watt ahead of both Caff and McGuire.  But what about resigning Golabek?