FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Apportioning the blame ?

A lot of people on here are saying a new defender is needed which I agree with but IMO the best defenders for ICT at the moment are Proctor and Steven Watt.  If I were ICT manager I would play Watt ahead of both Caff and McGuire.  But what about resigning Golabek?

:015: :015: :015: :015:  Golly is a left back, and is now a stone heavier

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brew was appointed only a few days before the window closed so he inherited CC's squad. It's obvious that he has learned from his mistakes in his last management job. He will be expected to sort most of this in January.

That's a million miles away from suggesting that there's big problems at the club (compared to any other club). Get real.

A lot of people on here are saying a new defender is needed which I agree with but IMO the best defenders for ICT at the moment are Proctor and Steven Watt.

Proctor cetainly looked the business when he came on at centre half against Aberdeen.

IHE will probably have heard the phrase "Madness is doing exactly the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."

I think we've been guilty of a bit of that this season. Fraser and Caff are simply not up to the SPL. They would be pretty average players in the SFL. McGuire has looked OK at home - but the league table doesn't lie. We're conceding far too many goals. Something has to change at the back - we can't keep on just hoping everything will 'come good'.

More to the point what the heck can be done about it?

Sounds like the defence is lacking in confidence.

Hastings was great in the last season or two was he not so how does he turn into a fumbler overnight?

I submit because they are all getting scared of making a mistake and the confidence in EACH OTHER is slipping.

In the past few exciting years the ICT defence has held it all together and shut up shop mostly but now why are so many penalties being thrown away? From afar it seems that the defence is literally all at sea--or at least well on the way to the harbour. If it is the loss of Dods then the club had better get a real solid pro in by January or thi is going to be  a sad season.

Just asking? :016: :012:

Guest WynessLegend

Fraser is a shot stopper - instinctively superb - but can not handle the pressure!

Really?

I can think of very few shot's he's stopped.

I'd say Fraser is a pick-the-ball-out-of-the-back-of-the-netter rather than a shot-stopper.

I can think of very few shot's he's stopped.

I'd say Fraser is a pick-the-ball-out-of-the-back-of-the-netter rather than a shot-stopper.

Oh come on.... He stopped one last week against Gretna.... :022:

He wasn't to know it was heading wide by about 5 yards..... :rolleyes02:

Ahem,

More power to you, but don't think I?m going to allow you to buy me that drink at the Whitebridge Hotel on the strength of that!

I think I'm glad to have lost this thread?  who, what, when, whatever? whats it all about?  blame culture - ?  has everyone lost the plot?

You lost yer feckin "thread" feckin moons ago. I am trying to emphasise that the club needs a management restructure. Hagi was a wind up but gawd do I wish that it wasnt. Brew is a novice manager and we need an experienced Director of Football pulling the strings. Some people are just nit up to the standard required in the SPL.