FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Caley Sign Imrie

ElderBoy

Well all I can say is I have to trust the people who seem to see something in a player. Only one ever bad signing I remember was Fetai on loan so here's hoping this ones a good one. If he goes out and scores goals then he's worth the money. If he flashes down the wing and gets perfect crosses in then he's worth the money. To be honest, as SPL transfers go, ?50k is peanuts nowadays.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not disappointed at this signing but he definitely isnt in Dorrans class, even at the money hes a good option on the left other than McBain.

The more I see us linked with new players the more convinced I am we may be in need of a clear-out like we've never seen before.

Duncan, Hart, McBain, Tokely, Wilson.. cant think of more names right now who are on their last legs with us but Wyness and my favorite ICT player Bayne could be improved in their position.  Caff's been replaced, Rankin was a classy player that was treated like garbage by Brewster for whatever reason and wont be easily replaced.

Who knows, maybe I'm wrong, maybe we'll have a storming last third of the season and the players I've mentioned here get their acts together and show us what theyre capable of.?

Lots of pessimism on here then?

I like his style--determination and persistence in spades. Do I also detect a bit of a killer instinct?

The only flaw was the blooter over the bar. Seemes easier to keep it under the bar at least.

The only thing is can he get up to the fitness stabdars of the first team and turn it on in the SPL?

If so, he looks like a GOOD BUY.

And your odds are, Canada Bob ....? :015:

Duncan, Hart, McBain, Tokely, Wilson.. cant think of more names right now who are on their last legs with us but Wyness and my favorite ICT player Bayne could be improved in their position.  Caff's been replaced, Rankin was a classy player that was treated like garbage by Brewster for whatever reason and wont be easily replaced.

Who knows, maybe I'm wrong, maybe we'll have a storming last third of the season and the players I've mentioned here get their acts together and show us what theyre capable of.?

Are these not the players who have provided a storming 2nd 3rd of the season,who have taken us from the depths of relegation, viewing gretna as our only chance of survival to one win of 5th place and within 4 points of 3rd spot (if we win that game)

Seems some people have exceptionally high expectations.

At this moment in time we'/re having an extremley successful season, so suggesting that the players mentioned above are on their last legs with us confuses me somewhat.

I would rather likes of tokely,Mcbain and Duncan continue "on their last legs " with us and not pushing aother team up the spl. As for getting their acts together?, Christ what do some people expect from our players? Time for a reality check methinks.

You are spot on Bronson some of our fans will never be happy. If we finished 3rd behind the old firm this season they would still want Brewster sacked next year if we finished  lower down the league. Unless we get the Inverness folk of their ***** down to support and increase our crowds we will never get to the high standards the moaners are looking for.  :scratch:

I've just Googled him, and it looks like you're right, WynessLegend. But then, I suppose "Imrie" is a relatively unusual surname, so that would keep the numbers down.

Irrespective of the absolute quantity of Dougie Imries, I would like to wish this one great success at Caley Thistle.

Are these not the players who have provided a storming 2nd 3rd of the season,who have taken us from the depths of relegation, viewing gretna as our only chance of survival to one win of 5th place and within 4 points of 3rd spot (if we win that game)

Seems some people have exceptionally high expectations.

At this moment in time we'/re having an extremley successful season, so suggesting that the players mentioned above are on their last legs with us confuses me somewhat.

I would rather likes of tokely,Mcbain and Duncan continue "on their last legs " with us and not pushing aother team up the spl. As for getting their acts together?, Christ what do some people expect from our players? Time for a reality check methinks.

I put our great form pre-christmas down to other members of the squad, but you are right, theyve all played their part. 

I dont know 'what do some people expect from our players' Bronson, I just know what I expect of them.  If Duncan (for example) thinks hes in a position to play hardball over his new contract then I expect him to be able to pass a ball 5 yards in a straight line, without giving away a throw in  :017:  My mentioning of players to leave has as much to do with their attitudes as ability.

Yes

People in Cumbernauld have seen him play before.  I'm sure he will do OK, maybe we will nurture him along waiting for Barry to step down and he is reasonably quick I am led to believe with a hint of aggression.

Yes

People in Cumbernauld have seen him play before.  I'm sure he will do OK, maybe we will nurture him along waiting for Barry to step down and he is reasonably quick I am led to believe with a hint of aggression.

What will waiting for Barry, a right sided player, to step down, have anything to do with Imrie, a left sided player?

That's if what positions posters on here are guessing that he plays are correct because I don't think anyone here really knows where he plays.

Barry has been known to play on the left as well as the right, in fact he has previously been played through the middle, and anyway, I couldnae spell Paatelainen.

What I am saying as you are finding it difficult to comprehend is that he may well find himself as an understudy to one of our more prominent players, but players who may well be moving on within the next year.

As you rightly say, it's all guesswork at the moment, lets hope he proves to be money better spent than the money paid for Macdonald.

What I am saying as you are finding it difficult to comprehend is that he may well find himself as an understudy to one of our more prominent players, but players who may well be moving on within the next year.

Yes I get that but the mentor figure in this case might not be Wilson as some are automatically assuming. It might be McBain....

I'm looking forward to Imrie and Black forming a tag team with Duncan as back up to leather the sh!te out of the opposition.

:015: - That has to be post of the year so far...how I would love to see the Courier quote that one in the Fan Mail section