FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hospitality Today

Agent N

I along with my 2 kids sit in section F in the main stand,  season ticket holders , and I am getting totally cheesed off with the behaviour of away fans in hospitality. Today was particularly bad, always seems to be p1ssed up nobodies  who do not know how to behave in public.  No steward came near no Police seemed interested.

Now,  I am not advocating physical action, but I think it is time we reclaimed this section of the stadium, I for one have now had enough, next time this happens, I will demand that these people are removed from the stadium.

What I witnessed today was not banter, which I, like many enjoy,  this was provocation today.

I?ve been in hospitality many times,  at many grounds and it would seem to be an unwritten rule that a more considerate form of behaviour is expected from both home and away fans attending.

They would not have behave this way I believe at any other SPL  ground  but we appear to be soft touches in Inverness.

Enough is enough, plenty seats in and around section F and the pie queue is much shorter at that end of the stadium!

Anyone any thoughts?

I've spoken to Mike Smith in the past about this but it was basically met with a polite shrug of shoulders.  Incidentally, today there was nearly a fight between 2 different hospitality groups sitting in front of us.  One guy, who appeared hammered from the moment he got to his seat and couldn't keep his backside on it - became very vocal about away fans in hospitality in main stand.  Ok, fair point, but his language was totally unacceptable so the guy behind pulled him up on it.  Lo and behold, what happens, but he turns on him. 

Yes, hospitality is a nice jolly for those who are the recipients but it is certainly not fun for those of us who are nearby and have to tolerate them.  They are often away fans, they are inevitably late and have lost the ability to follow a-z and 1-99 to find their correct seat and thus cause chaos and ruin our view, 1 of them at the very least is way way too drunk and - the old favourite - once they finally get their seat and the match has started, they have to phone their friend in away (ok, occasionally north stand) and stand up and wave their arms for about 5 mins with mobile glued to their ear until their pal finally spots them!

I dunno, maybe something could be done to cut down the alcohol involved prior to the game and let them go crazy after if they wanted.  The state that some of these people appear to get themselves into in the couple of hours before the game can be ridiculous and can make life unpleasant for those who have to tolerate them for the next couple of hours!

I agree, quizzer.  I really don't see why normal fans should have their afternoons spoilt by this sort of behaviour.  I also fail to see the point of going to a match at all if all you do is get completely legless in hospitality and end up incapable of actually taking in what's going on around you.  It kind of defeats the purpose of actually going to watch football.

Aye, it's about time the club got a grip on this kind of unruly and totally selfish behaviour, but I wouldn't hold out any hopes. As has been said here ICT are a bit of a soft touch. More than a bit really.

:33:

Aye, it's about time the club got a grip on this kind of unruly and totally selfish behaviour, but I wouldn't hold out any hopes. As has been said here ICT are a bit of a soft touch. More than a bit really.

:33:

most away fans travel a wee bit to get to Inverness so they tend to make it a day out so they have a wee bevvy on the way up and then hit the pubs as soon as they arrive and dont stop drinking till they can drink no more.

but the cops are supposed to boot out anybody who has taken too much bevvy.......... :33:

yes Inverness is seen as the soft touch of the SPL and it's time the club put their own fans first imo

ok rant over.......... :023:

Guest Aboynamedsue
It has always amazed me why fans that travel have to get so bevvied up.
You're right IHE its a bit of a Caley on , in fact there's no need for it at all

I too sit in this area and have to put up with away fans week in week out!  In fact despite there being a heavier presence by the police and Stewards in the area on Saturday (2 Police/1 Steward/1 Steward Supervisor) there was still nothing done!

Personally I'm sick of having to put up with this, given that I pay for my season tickets, whilst the hospitality are mainly on freebies!

My partner has gotten so hacked off with this situation, that she's putting complaints in to the Supporters Trust (Who I've found to be very helpful in the matter).  I would urge you all to do the same, as the more complaints we get in, the more action will be taken!

Couldn't have put it better IHE!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Something really has to be done about the hospitality crowd though.  At the Hearts game a couple of guys in front of me complained to the steward about Hearts fans winding them up = stewards response - "They're hospitality, they can do what they want!"  :33: :33: :33:

I usually sit up that section of the stand, if I'm off work or there's a free seat with my dad and his group, and I can NEVER understand why week in week out 'hospitality' are allowed to act the way they do?! Each time their lead out about 5 mins after the start of the game and again at half time, blocking the ENTIRE row behind who then stand up blocking the row behind etc. etc. etc. Its a joke. Why are they put there?? Surely consideration should be given to HOME fans and not these drunk, what usually seems, neds who have bought a suit for a court date and now found another use!?

WE NEED IT SORTED! I'm with every single person on this post who has had to put up with this!

Lets hope when money is invested in the stadium, which will hopefully be within the next 5 years that a lot more thought is put in to the seating layout ie hospitality and the singing section.

I was going to say that everyone should treat themselves to hospitality as a wee treat once in while with a few friends.

The only trouble is I would say that instead of being treated as a fellow fan of ICT by the crowd there is more a feeling of hostility and resentment towards them. Ive been twice over  3 seasons I enjoyed the first one far more, as the one I went to this season I felt a certain degree of resentment from the fans sitting behind, who seemed more interested in the hospitality seats than the match itself.

A  lot must have happened in the 2 years between visits, but try not to tar everyone who sits there with the same brush.

I'm a season ticket holder and instead of sitting and enjoying the game you get the feeling that you shouldn't be sitting there.

I agree with you there Alex.  The Home hospitality fans are not the problem.  Ok, they block the view for a minute while they fumble into seats, block the stairwells at half & full time and are usually not interested in the football  :rolleyes02:, but I don't blame them for any of that, at least they're not supporting the Away team!

The club does need to sort out the Hospitality though, with respect to the blocked views and the blocked stairwells.

The major problem is the Away fans in the hospitality section.  Fans are sick of having to put up with them and the animosity towards them is growing.  The apathy that is shown by the Police and Stewards is disgusting.