FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

UEFA

Kingsmills

Sincere congratulations to Rangers for reaching the last four of the UEFA Cup. It's great to see any Scottish team doing well in Europe even if a large number of their fans are ambivalent about their nationality to say the least.

That said, what about UEFA's avowed zero tolerance stance on sectatianism. It was clear, especially in the second half that a good number of Rangers fans  had brought the "traditional" song book to Portugal with them.

Surely, if UEFA are to retain any credibility on the subject some action must be taken.

I particularly enjoyed all those closeups before the game of the fans holding "No Tims in Europe" scarves aloft.  :33:

Had there been a choice of game, I would have switched over at that point.

Did anyone else notice the heading at the top of the screen on ITV4 last night, you know, where they put the team names and score.... it spelt out  SPO  0-0  RAN.  Sporan...gerrit?  :014:

I'll get me coat.....

Thought their chant 'think you are Celtic, you only think you are Celtic' was quite good but the flag with Inverness True Blues on it was annoying.

Guest TinCanFan

I particularly enjoyed all those closeups before the game of the fans holding "No Tims in Europe" scarves aloft.  :33:

Agreed.  It was rather childish.

You raise a good point RiG and I can't help but feel that the media actually play a part in feeding that kind of behaviour by screening it.

A few years ago the media decided/were forced into not showing streakers at sporting events when they took to the field of play and it seems to have vastly reduced the amount of incidents.  Not saying that blocking the Sectarian stuff will solve the problem, but it will certainly remove the incentive for doing it to get on the TV which doubtlessly exists.

I'm not talking about "hiding the problem away" and forgetting about it, but the less exposure you give these idiots the better.