FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Fans V Players

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Guest Muir-Jaggie

i think it would be a great idea if the fans got to play against the players some time in pre-season, to show that the club is loyal to the fans. clubs all over england are doing it. its a chance for us to play against our favit players who we see play all season

what do uses think??

What you need to do is put together a team and then approach the club with your suggestion. I'm sure they'd give it serious consideration for next and subsequent seasons.
...before coming up with a reason to reject it

sorry, I may be in one of my neggy moods today, but I just do not see the club giving a flying **** about something like this.

We did it last pre-season and the one before at County as part of the Save Our Staggies fundrasing.  Both were great events, although the fans were hammered in both games.

For the first game we charged it at ?100 for a full 90 minutes and ?20 per place on the bench, with the promise you'd only get on if someone failed to last the full 90 minutes.  - It so turned out that we had six subs, and in order to keep the score down the fans team had 17 players on the pitch at one point !

For that ?100 though we also had an evenings training for the fans players with the coaches at County which was probably a better experience than the game it's self.  We also go Davie Kirkwood (the youth coach) to be manager of the fans team for the evening.

Also man of the match awards etc were handed out afterwards.

To be honest though, the game was nothing more than a kick about. 

Save Our Staggies closed this year year though through lack of interest, but prior to it closing the plan for this pre-season was to have a "play with the team" where both teams had half and half of fans and players, that way we might have kept the game more competative.....  Another Idea though.

I would gladly part with ?100 for 90mins against the Caley players. The ex Elgin City player in me still thinks i could do a job  :rolleyes02:

Perhaps something like this could work?

I would definitely pay ?100 to play in this type of match. Although as someone who is an 'alright' goalkeeper the score would be rather embarrassing.

I'd certainly like to take part... but i have a knack for being clumsy and would not want to take out Marius, Don, Ian, Ross and/or Andy for the opening of the season.

....But put me in for a fans v stewards game as i could be more than useful there.

I suspect it's a bit late for this year, but I think it's a great idea.  I would be happy to suggest that the Trust could speak to the club and see what they say.  I don't think we would necessarily get a negative response.  Definitely worth looking into.  We could ask Charlie Christie and Duncan Shearer to coach the fans team.  :003: