FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

County game today :D

TomCaleyJag

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear, very poor first half from us, Marius and Wood were poor, Marius had one shot blocked by Bullock and Bazza had a penalty saved low down to Bullocks right.  In between, Hart hit a pretty decent twenty yarder into Frasers top right, good strike and well done Harty.  Must have been the wind mee that added ten yards.  Evans was as I thought a waste of space.  Still, we had five or six guys on the bench who might be first choice players.  Barrowman looked sharp again, but this time he got the goal he deserved.  Beating Bullock to a ball on the edge of the box and prodding it past him before calmly slotting it home from fifteen yards.  Vigurs strode on to a ball twentyfive yards from goal and hit a sweet daisy cutter into Bullocks left side net.  Goal as soon as it left his foot.  It all then happened at the other end of the park.  Fraser saved a certain goal a minute later, then from a suspicious position, County scored, much to the bemusement of most people in the stadium, but goal it was.  We flattered to deceive and County stole it at the death.  Long free kick from the left knocked in at the far post.  We had the bulk of the possession but County looked just as likely in their counter attacking role and just about deserved their cup win, Tokely also blocked one on the line near the end.

Well, thats what it looked like from the far end.  Oops, forgot Rory sclaffed a shot onto the post in a goalmouth melee, but that was about his contribution.

Dear Oh Dear!!

What a shambles  :029:

I think it's fair to say County deserved there win. They certainly looked a fitter, sharper, stronger more cohesive unit than us. Plus of course that's the biggest game of the season for them  :tic01:

I am trying to remain calm by uttering the mantra 'its only a meaningless pre-season friendly' over and over again  :015:

The first half we were subjected to the most long ball pish we have ever played. I think Wood went up for about 20 balls and didn't win a single one. What happened to him? He looked so promising last season and tonight he made Rory look dynamic.

County took a well deserved lead when Hart scored a cracking goal from outside the box and they were reaping the benefits of keeping the ball on the deck in very windy conditions.

We got a soft penalty, although by the letter of the law it was merited when one of the County centre halves moved his arm to stop a cross coming over. Unfortunately Wilson made a balls up from the spot and we went in 1-0 at half time.

Numerous changes at half time didn't really improve our fortunes until a **** up at the back allowed Barrowman in to coolly round the keeper and slot it home.  

Vigurs then rocketed in a screamer from the edge of the box and the home fans let out a huge sigh of relief as we looked like edging an undeserved win.

I'm not sure about the County equaliser it did look offside and the officials were pretty hopeless all night but I guess if we got the penalty they probably deserved it.

There winner came in injury time when a free kick was whipped into the back post and didn't look too dangerous as big Rory had it covered. He proceeded to leap approximately 1 inch into the air, the ball sailed over his head and the County player darted into to score the easiest tap in of his life.

D'oh!!

Defensively we were a mess. If the opposition have a big striker we just can't cope. We need a centre back who can win balls in the air. We are going to hemorrhage goals this season mark my words.

Not many players would get pass marks tonight - maybe Black for getting stuck in, Vigurs for his goal but that's about it

I'm sure Djebi-Zadi will become a fans favourite but he's an accident waiting to happen I'm afraid  :007:

I left the game feeling disappointed and more than a little worried. Not sure I can be arsed going on Saturday. They obviously need that trip to Denmark - BADLY!

Still it's only a meaningless friendly!!  :023:

Just back in after the game tonight and have to say - I'm concerned more than ever for this season. Now I know it was a friendly but hey we are supposed to be the Premier League Team. County deserved their win, fought harder and chased every ball.  Our defence in the 2nd half was dreadful and we are going to have the worst goals against column this year on this display.  Only players getting pass marks tonight were - Cowie, Imrie, Vigurs and Barrowman. 

Lost count of how many changes were made by each side tonight, it is a case of getting the team fit at this stage of the season. most of the players have played 1 or 2 games since they came back from the summer break, no judgement can be made this soon

I think the fact some had played a game just a day ago may have had influence.

What was Brew on letting Richie Hart go though. :029: He was immense tonight

Guest lightlamp

i think the caley defence needs to be inproved as although it was a frindely we should of won......its not nice to lose and that number 8 for county what a p***k total hothead

Guest lightlamp

oh and did you hear what hart said to rosco he callled him a p***k :018: :018: :018: :018: :018: :018: :018: :018: :018: :018: :018: :018: :018:

Guest lightlamp

oh and did you hear what hart said to rosco he callled him a p***k :018: :018: :018: :018: :018: :018: :018: :018: :018: :018: :018: :018: :018:

when was this???

just after half time when tokley was taking the through in heart was beside him and said ross ya p***k.......... :016: :016: :016: :016: :016: :016:

My old man was speaking to his Dad at the match and he says Evans really likes it up here. It looked to me like he was trying too hard (if that makes any sense) and the 'nerves' were more the fact he was very concious of the fact he was playing for a contract

Nice to see Liam Keogh in the crowd tonight and I'm sure Steven Watt was there as well

While it would have been nice to have scored a victory over the unwashed (am hoping this couldnt be perceived as a racist slur alex!!) I dont use pre season form as an indicator to the season ahead.

I wouldnt be worrying just yet!

Bit harsh on Evans, on that team performance none of them would've won themselves a new contract.

I like the look of him, and think he'd be a decent signing.

The defence was awful, Hastings had a shocker when he came on. Central defence looks like it's going to be a real problem area for us. And as for Lionel....I can see him becoming a bit of a fans favourite but from what I've seen of him he's going to be a liability, and cost us goals.

Not much to add really, we were woeful. Other than Blackie, and Vigurs when he came on, I wouldn't give anyone pass marks. Vigurs looks a great player and he must be close to really challenging for a regular start.

I don't know what's funnier....those who look for any excuse to bemoan Brewster or those who are determined to get in there first to defend him regardless  :015:

Whilst I take very little from the early friendlies other than how players may be shaping up after the summer or just having joined the squad, it doesn't mean that the manager should be immune to constructive criticism if he's done things wrong or has the team playing silly tactics.

I have to agree with davieB... Evans was set out to impress tonight, and everyone's been in a position where you try really hard and things just go wrong. He wasn't the only one on the pitch messing up in a Caley shirt, so I think he still will be a worthwhile signing and giving him the chance to settle.

Its the back line that worry me. Saw it to many times tonight where there was ACRES of space for C****y players to get a chance of goal in, then they shot wide, the defenders all blamed each other. Hope its sorted out before we're done for!

If we play like that on the 9th of August we will be humiliated. Defensively we were embarrassing, I don't know where Djebi-Zadi came from but if this guy is a defender there's hope for all of us, positioning - awful, ball distribution - awful, tackling - slightly better than awful. Had they had a better striker than Dyron Daal it could have been a lot more. I thought Evans was okay, I can agree with however said he was trying too hard although there was one moment where the determination he showed to win a ball the full back was blocking for a goal kick was excellent.

Long ball made an unsurprising return, one particular example was a corner that was cleared to the edge of the box, Chipper played it back to ****, who then played it back to Ike and it was launched forward. Also can we please stop the constant taking of short free kicks, let the big men get forward and pressure there defenders rather than a short 10 yard pass across the midfield and back to the full backs.

The only positive for me was the energy and directness of Zander Sutherland when he came on, I hope we see a lot more of him in the coming season.

section g  :clapping03:

stewards  :018:

ict players  :33:

Don't think the stewards were too bad apart from coming up a few times to moan about someone giving a Nazi salute???