FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Positivity

Jay_7

It feels wrong posting something positive like this but looking over some Wikipedia pages I came across this:

Linkage

It appears from the "all time SPL table" that we have collected more points in 4 seasons than Livi did in 5! Not only that but looking at the goals for and against columns, in the same time period and having a whole season less than them, they have only managed to score 20 more goals than us while conceding 111! Now I may be negative a lot on here, but I can't see us conceding 111 goals between now and next season...

A positive, I suppose so, but Livingstone are not exactly the benchmark I would want to judge our success against!

Why not? We share a lot of similarities with them, they are a similar age to us, They rose through the leagues just as we have except we have not bought our way to the top league. While they relied on their spending to stay in the top league, we are relying on our team spirit to keep us at the top.

Although their success was limited, did they not finish 3rd in the SPL, appear in Europe and win the CIS cup?

Then they got complacent after we joined them and they humped us 3-0 on the opening day of our first season. Not content with that painful lesson they tried to show us financial prudence by putting Intelligent Finance on their players shirts and then took on unemployed footballers as business consultants. Then they disappeared....