FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for tues cup game

CaleyP

I think Blak, Cowie and McBain may be rested, since they've played almost every game so far. Which would result in Vigurs, Duncan and maybe Wilson coming in? Would it be outwith the realms of possibility for Zander to start?

Defence could have Duff coming back in alongside Munro, with Lionel coming in for Hastings. Proctor is still out, so guessing it'll be Rosscoe starting at RB

Up front i'd expect it to be Wood and Rooney, since Barrowman is suspended; Brew isn't going to take this game lightly, so that'd probably be our best striking option at the moment. Rory will warm the bench again i'd expect, but in an ideal scenario i'd hope we'd go a few goals up and have the luxury to bring him on later for a 30 min cameo.

Not entirely confident about tonight, but wouldn't be overly surprised if we win by a few.

There's no dedicated radio coverage of the game is there? Or will it have to be a text update routine...

Based on recent performances then I'd be tempted to go something like....

- - - - - - - - - Esson - - - - - - - - -

Proctor - - - - Duff - - - - Djebi-Zadi

- - - - - - - - - Duncan - - - - - - - - -

-Wilson - - - - Black - - - - McBain-

- - - - - - - - - Vigurs - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - McAllister - Rooney - - - - -

This is the type of game where we should be dominating in midfield, and with Proc, Duff and Djebi-Zadi at the back they have enough between them to be mopping up high balls over the top when Morton are forced into that as an only option.

Duncan and Vigurs are effectively playing as midfielders, but I have positioned them forward and back in the lineup to demonstrate that Duncan should be mindful of dropping back to assist when need be and Vigurs should be encouraged to make some of those intelligent runs he was making on his last outing to pick up knock ons and lay offs from the front pairing...or indeed to be setting them up, which he showed equally capable of doing against St Mirren.

Further more, every man I've selected has shown a willingness to get out there and give 100% this season, that's why there's no space for the likes of Cowie who could do with a spell on the bench IMO. Imrie....I wouldn't be overly upset to see him in place of McBain.

Subs....the usual suspects, although it would be nice to see the likes of Zander Sutherland and Dale Gillespie get a little time on the park if circumstances permit.

There's no dedicated radio coverage of the game is there? Or will it have to be a text update routine...

No dedicated coverage but I do believe that Sportsound will have the 'open mic' thingy on the go. Have to say I quite listening to it with random shouting in the background every so often.

Interesting to note the number of people advocating experimental line-ups. After the Arbroath game, the forum was full of fans howling that we should have played out strongest team, Brew was arrogant and understimated the opposition etc etc.

My view is that if you can't try things out in a diddy cup against lower league opposition, then when can you? It's a great opportunity for fringe players and youngsters to get their chance and put pressure on underperforming first team regulars.

No dedicated coverage but I do believe that Sportsound will have the 'open mic' thingy on the go. Have to say I quite listening to it with random shouting in the background every so often.

I've just remembered that i'll be playing football tonight, so i'll be relying on texts from family and friends to find the scores.

Hibs supporting workmate is looking forward to returning the slagging he received for Hibs early exit to Morton. Although another mate was at the Partick v. Morton game and said we should have nothing to worry about; terrible up front and woeful at the back, despite having a defender with the continental ponytail look!

Whilst my line-up may look like it is "advocating an experimental line-up" I have actually based my choices on the players I think are playing best at the moment.

I've had the luxury of seeing a couple of reserve matches this season (and compared to first team action it is a luxury) and would have no hesitation in playing these guys sitting on the fringes as I think they more than merit a start ahead of some of those who are regular first team picks.

Picking your "strongest" team does not mean selecting the guys who are out there every week making the same mistakes time and again and costing us points.

What I want to see from these cup games is a team that goes out there and gives it their all for 90 minutes and plays with a positive attacking attitude. I'd far rather we won a game 4-3 and saw a bit of team spirit than see us scrape through on a stuffy 1-0. We are capable of playing that way if the manager would only cut the lads loose and let them do it.

Esson

Tokely, Duff, Munro, Djebi-Zadi

Wilson, Duncan, Black, Vigurs

Rooney, Wood

subs:

Fraser

McGuire

Sutherland

Cowie

McAllister

Whilst my line-up may look like it is "advocating an experimental line-up" I have actually based my choices on the players I think are playing best at the moment.

We concede enough goals with four defenders. Yet i must say the midfield looks really good.

All set:

- Radio Scotland on, so I can hear the team lineup before going off to football.

- Dad agreed to text score updates, which i'll check every time i'm in goals.

- Cheeky ?5 on an ICT win on the advice of a mate who saw Morton play on saturday... ?4 profit if it comes off.

This is the type of game where we should be dominating in midfield, and with Proc, Duff and Djebi-Zadi at the back they have enough between them to be mopping up high balls over the top when Morton are forced into that as an only option.

Duncan and Vigurs are effectively playing as midfielders, but I have positioned them forward and back in the lineup to demonstrate that Duncan should be mindful of dropping back to assist when need be and Vigurs should be encouraged to make some of those intelligent runs he was making on his last outing to pick up knock ons and lay offs from the front pairing...or indeed to be setting them up, which he showed equally capable of doing against St Mirren.

Further more, every man I've selected has shown a willingness to get out there and give 100% this season, that's why there's no space for the likes of Cowie who could do with a spell on the bench IMO. Imrie....I wouldn't be overly upset to see him in place of McBain.

Subs....the usual suspects, although it would be nice to see the likes of Zander Sutherland and Dale Gillespie get a little time on the park if circumstances permit.

just heard team...

cowie,mcbain,duncan and imrie in midfield with rory n woods up front!!!!!!!!!!

just heard team...

cowie,mcbain,duncan and imrie in midfield with rory n woods up front!!!!!!!!!!

I just hope Rory proves he's worth a start. Strong midfield, but i'd of thought that Wilson or Vigurs would get a game; especially with Vigurs performance in the previous cup tie.

How long till the Ian Black conspiracy theorists arrive...