FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Barry Wilson

chris123

Would he want another contract with things as they are?

As passionate as he may be for ICT it is, IMO, an insult to the guy that he's being made to sit on the bench every week when he is more than capable of being out there doing a job for us on the pitch and if I were him then I'd be looking to go somewhere that I would at least be getting a fair crack of the whip.

I'd like to see him stay , he's not been getting full games but he does make a difference when he comes on

With the present state of reults & performances we really need to keep Barry , he's got the quality & experience to help guide the team out of this rut

As passionate as he may be for ICT it is, IMO, an insult to the guy that he's being made to sit on the bench every week when he is more than capable of being out there doing a job for us on the pitch and if I were him then I'd be looking to go somewhere that I would at least be getting a fair crack of the whip.

spot on , while I am all for giving the youngsters a crack, when things are not going right I think an old head like Barry put there could be invaluable, of course I havent seen him in training but I think if the club judged he was fit for a 6 months contract they must of thought he would be fit enough to play a part.

Sadly BW is looking pretty done these days, he's been a great servant to the club and justly rewarded with a fine testimonial but time has taken its toll, he's looking a bit heavy and the pace has gone, he's good for twenty minutes but thats about it, so I think its time for him to move to lower division possibly in player/coach roll to learn management.

Wilson himself has said that he can no longer last a full game.

My opinion is that it is time Wilson stepped up to the coaching role that lets face it has been on a plate for him for years. I remember Dundee Utd at Tannadice I think when Christie was unavailable (not sure if it was the game he missed after his mother passed or not), Barry took the pre-match warm up. You could see that the players respected him, but also trusted him, in a way they do not trust Brewster. Most on here agreed that had he been the "right" side of 30, he would have been the only choice for captain when Dods left, a natural leader, and a clever one at that.

I don't think I have ever seen anything where Barry has said he couldn't last a full game. He's openly admitted that he has to work harder these days to maintain fitness etc, but that's about all I have seen.

I've also seen him fairly recently in the reserves where he didn't seem to be flagging any more than anyone else after 90 minutes. I intentionally played close attention to his movement etc during the game as I too was of the impression that he may not be capable of an effective 90 minutes, and after watching him run up and down the wing for 90 minutes and put in a real shift then my opinion quickly changed.

He's certainly capable of far more than the 20 minutes and I'd rather see him on from the start creating chances and getting us ahead than see him come on for a few minutes at the end to chase a lost cause.

I agree with Don. Barry may not be superfit by Acharacle standards (he couldn't get up at six, run up the Moidart hills, shoot a stag and be back before the eggs were cooked) but he's still a very fit person and could easily last the ninety.

Chris123, I wonder would Barry want to coach under Brewster.

I don't think I have ever seen anything where Barry has said he couldn't last a full game. He's openly admitted that he has to work harder these days to maintain fitness etc, but that's about all I have seen.

Saturday's P&J:

?I managed to help the team a little bit when I came back on-loan from St Johnstone.

?We turned things round towards the end of the season and if the manager thinks a wee bit of experience is needed then I will be ready.

?I am not stupid, I realise it is going to be hard for me to last a game out and for the manager to play me, especially at places like Ibrox."

“I don’t really know if I can last for a full 90 minutes, I have played a few games in the reserves but it is never the same."

Edited by chris123

Saturday's P&J:

"I managed to help the team a little bit when I came back on-loan from St Johnstone.

"We turned things round towards the end of the season and if the manager thinks a wee bit of experience is needed then I will be ready.

"I am not stupid, I realise it is going to be hard for me to last a game out and for the manager to play me, especially at places like Ibrox."

?I don?t really know if I can last for a full 90 minutes, I have played a few games in the reserves but it is never the same."

Which proves my point....nowhere does he say he can't last 90 minutes.

I think he hinted in the P&J that he wanted a new deal. I for one would give him a new contract. This squad needs all the experience it can get at the moment.

I don't really know how we can say he looks past it....he has hardly played any football this season. And in the tricky times when he could have played we may have got something from the games we lost.

Saturday's P&J:

"I managed to help the team a little bit when I came back on-loan from St Johnstone.

"We turned things round towards the end of the season and if the manager thinks a wee bit of experience is needed then I will be ready.

"I am not stupid, I realise it is going to be hard for me to last a game out and for the manager to play me, especially at places like Ibrox."

?I don?t really know if I can last for a full 90 minutes, I have played a few games in the reserves but it is never the same."

Which proves my point....nowhere does he say he can't last 90 minutes.

Aye Alex, should add Morag does a fine bowl of porage.

Pea and Ham, from a chicken? Now that's clever!

...."no.... that'll pee the pea and ham...." (There aren't actually going to be too many on here who have a clue what we're talking about here!)

seem to remember there was something about a hen night in Inverness too :rotflmao:

anyhoo, back to Barry. If he wants a new deal, give it to him. We have so much inexperience in our team that an old head is required even if it is only for short spells. He can also impart what amounts to a wealth of knowledge and experience to the younger players.

Which is what I said above...he acknowledges that it's not as easy as it used to be, but he doesn't say he can't do it.

Unless he's given the chance, then how do any of us know?

Fair enough.

However, if were going to take risks, why not throw Zander in?