FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Home Form

Caley Stan

To be fair, the Director of Football's job is not to go scouting for players.

It seems to be one of the remits. Look at the guys Tottenham have had in recently. Also Mijatovic at Real though I think he is more a Sporting Director. He decides who Schuster can and cannot buy.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fans are being moaned at for not making enough noise. There is nothing to make a noise about except that a**e of a ref against hearts. As for our home form its crap. Brewster is constantly chopping and changing the formation and the team. He needs to stick with the same team and let it gel together.

To be fair, the Director of Football's job is not to go scouting for players.

It seems to be one of the remits. Look at the guys Tottenham have had in recently. Also Mijatovic at Real though I think he is more a Sporting Director. He decides who Schuster can and cannot buy.

It may be one of the remits at other clubs, but not at ICT AFAIK

What next? I read today in the P and J,Dougie Imrie complaining about lack of atmosphere on saturday. I would suggest him and the players not playing, along with one of the coaching staff take a seat in the main stand and see what we have had to watch for the last 2 years. How any crowd could get excited with the total rubbish we have had to endure would be a miracle.For a start management could tell all the players to acknowlege both stands when they run onto the pitch . At the moment we are lucky if 4 or 5 do it. Away from home nearly every player does. If you look at all the other teams to a man they applaud their support both before and after the games. How many times have you heard our manager praise our fans?Whenever we build up a new crop of young and voiciferous supporters what do we do, threaten them for standing and using so called abusive language whilst regularly ignoring away supporters doing exactly the same.We will never get the large numbers of youngsters required to generate the atmosphere increasing unless the club are prepared to take a more moderate stance and show some common sense. I along with 7 others have beeen a season ticket holders for many years but it is becoming more difficult year after year to justify 340 pounds for the lack of quality football and appreciation for our contribution to our club.

What next? I read today in the P and J,Dougie Imrie complaining about lack of atmosphere on saturday. I would suggest him and the players not playing, along with one of the coaching staff take a seat in the main stand and see what we have had to watch for the last 2 years. How any crowd could get excited with the total rubbish we have had to endure would be a miracle.For a start management could tell all the players to acknowlege both stands when they run onto the pitch . At the moment we are lucky if 4 or 5 do it. Away from home nearly every player does. If you look at all the other teams to a man they applaud their support both before and after the games. How many times have you heard our manager praise our fans?Whenever we build up a new crop of young and voiciferous supporters what do we do, threaten them for standing and using so called abusive language whilst regularly ignoring away supporters doing exactly the same.We will never get the large numbers of youngsters required to generate the atmosphere increasing unless the club are prepared to take a more moderate stance and show some common sense. I along with 7 others have beeen a season ticket holders for many years but it is becoming more difficult year after year to justify 340 pounds for the lack of quality football and appreciation for our contribution to our club.

:rotflmao: Completely agree!

It may be one of the remits at other clubs, but not at ICT AFAIK

I'd be worried if it was. I could see us signing Teasdale again* :thumb04:

Incidentally Teasdale was f'cking brilliant for us so I am not slating his ability during his ICT career :rotflmao:

great post :rotflmao:

Whenever we build up a new crop of young and voiciferous supporters what do we do, threaten them for standing and using so called abusive language whilst regularly ignoring away supporters doing exactly the same.We will never get the large numbers of youngsters required to generate the atmosphere increasing unless the club are prepared to take a more moderate stance and show some common sense.

I agree with this, well most of it. I wouldn't condone overly abusive language nor do I condone some of the actions the young lads have taken this season so far but they are key to generating an atmosphere at home and are quite restricted in doing so.

I was part of the old BENI and just through general growing up and other circumstances prevented us from carrying on at games as we once did. Luckily there were these guys to step into our "shoes" and take over. Kill them off before another "generation" of fans come along ready to make a noise and there will be even less atmpsphere at ICT than there is now.

I'm not sure exactly how it can be solved but the fans can hardly get behind the team if there is little to shout about and also if any time they do make a noise they are instantly silenced by over zealous stewards.

I'm not sure exactly how it can be solved

By establishing a supporters section in exactly the same way as Toronto FC did. In the case of TFC it is the whole south stand, and has just expanded for next season by another couple of sections due to its popularity. In these sections supporters are encouraged to stand and be noisy, flags and banners are tolerated, they even built a "capo stand" at the front of the section. Those who want to complain that its too boisterous for them are told from the very start ... DO NOT buy a ticket in this section if you do not want to be subjected to noise, standing etc. Other parts of the ground are non-standing and that suits those who want to sit and not partake in the mayhem just fine .......

OK, so there are economies of scale here .... TFC get 20,000+, ICT get 4000, but the same principle could apply. We have a family section, why not a section for those who want to make a noise, sing, stand etc ..... relax the rules a little bit, allow as much standing as you can without annoying the powers that be in the SFA/SPL, allow fans to have (non offensive, funny or supportive) banners on display, and encourage the fans to enjoy .... yes thats the word .. E-N-J-O-Y .... their football.

The fans for their part would also have to "screw the nut" ..... if allowances were made, then boundaries would have to be respected ... you might be able to push the boundaries from time to time, but sometimes the fans have been their own worst enemies by going too far and obliterating what boundaries were drawn up for various tests .........

By establishing a supporters section in exactly the same way as Toronto FC did. In the case of TFC it is the whole south stand, and has just expanded for next season by another couple of sections due to its popularity. In these sections supporters are encouraged to stand and be noisy, flags and banners are tolerated, they even built a "capo stand" at the front of the section. Those who want to complain that its too boisterous for them are told from the very start ... DO NOT buy a ticket in this section if you do not want to be subjected to noise, standing etc. Other parts of the ground are non-standing and that suits those who want to sit and not partake in the mayhem just fine .......

OK, so there are economies of scale here .... TFC get 20,000+, ICT get 4000, but the same principle could apply. We have a family section, why not a section for those who want to make a noise, sing, stand etc ..... relax the rules a little bit, allow as much standing as you can without annoying the powers that be in the SFA/SPL, allow fans to have (non offensive, funny or supportive) banners on display, and encourage the fans to enjoy .... yes thats the word .. E-N-J-O-Y .... their football.

Some ideas for the club to consider there then but I wonder if most would be dismissed due to potential numbers of fans using them. Maybe not enough

The fans for their part would also have to "screw the nut" ..... if allowances were made, then boundaries would have to be respected ... you might be able to push the boundaries from time to time, but sometimes the fans have been their own worst enemies by going too far and obliterating what boundaries were drawn up for various tests .........

Which is why the signing section failed. Folk were taking the piss somewhat with what they were trying to get away with.

• 2 weeks later...

We could dispense with a Director of Football if we had an experienced manager who also had experience of negotiating contracts but with our current management team I believe that a Director of Football is essential.

Not 100% sure of this but I believe that there are certain positions that must be in existence and filled by qualified personnel as part of the club's UEFA licensing

Was reading about Levins new contract and was interested to note that he also held the DOF position at United

Levein is one thing but would you want Brewster to occupy that duel position ?

No I wasnt saying that, I am not even saying we shouldnt have a seperate DOF but maybe in the future if we are looking for a manager we might be able to attract a better quality of candidate if we combined both roles and thus had a larger salary to offer

Lack of atmosphere i think is down to lack of good football at home atm. I can't remember the last time i saw a Caley player perform a good piece of trickery or a set of players produce a good move and the constant tinkering of the team is just ridiculous. We have no depth atm so Brewster just needs to live with it.

Also when a team creates good goal scoring chances at home that is what gathers momentum within the crowd, some games this year we've never got a shot on target. The players and manager are urging us to get atmosphere going around the ground but its very hard to do that when we have so little to shout about.

Maybe it's time for a change up front, our main problem seem to stem from our strikers not taking enough chances. Lets face it we have 4 young guys with a load of potential but maybe the pressure is getting to them a wee bit. I think they need an experienced player to pair up with them similar to the Brewster/Crawford partnership at Dunfermline years ago. Since our manager (the ideal choice IMHO) is retired, why not give Barry a go at playing up front and see what happens. And if it doesn't work then what have we lost? Most of out goals are coming from the midfield anyway.

Think beer monster my have hit the nail on the head. Barry should be given a few games up front with one of the youngsters. At least until the window opens and other options are available, he has the experience, but maybe not the legs for a full game anymore.

Lack of atmosphere i think is down to lack of good football at home atm. I can't remember the last time i saw a Caley player perform a good piece of trickery or a set of players produce a good move and the constant tinkering of the team is just ridiculous. We have no depth atm so Brewster just needs to live with it.

Also when a team creates good goal scoring chances at home that is what gathers momentum within the crowd, some games this year we've never got a shot on target. The players and manager are urging us to get atmosphere going around the ground but its very hard to do that when we have so little to shout about.

The home support has never really created an atmosphere even when we were playing good football, so to say the lack of atmosphere is down to the way we are playing is probably incorrect, there hasnt ever been atmosphere. The players obviously prefer playing away from home, and it's purely down to the fact that there is no energy from the home crowd, apart from the few that do their best in the north stand and fair play to them, the majority of the crowd, they just sit there, and the only time you will ever hear anything is when they are having a moan at one of our players. Players feed of the crowd and when there is no buzz about the place the players pick up on that, trust me i know. So lack of atmosphere probably is the main reason the football has been poor, maybe if the crowd did what they are meant to do and support then the team would perform better. The crowd do have to put in more effort, even before the game has started there is nothing, not a song, nothing...so you cant say that is down to bad football as the game hasn't even started yet.

It's probably something to do with Highland reserve but we are without doubt the quietest home support in the SPL. It doesn't have anything to do with the layout of the stadium as Celtic and Aberdeen fans manage to make a heck of a racket when the fill the South Stand.

Ah pittodrie, that was the siege mentality of yester-year. Not the current state of affairs where a team comes and we role over like a wee pup(biatch). The days where you would get back on the bus with blood streaming from those cut hands where they had hit steel. Now everyone comes for the crumpets and tea.

:thumb04: :rotflmao:

The early days were the finest of times, now personally not being able to go to games down to a work advancement in edinburgh i can smell staleness coming from the terraces and dischantment/disharmony from the season ticket holders.

People are demanding change and the once patient (paterson, era) fan has gone.

Edited by BinghamLegend

Ah pittodrie, that was the siege mentality of yester-year. Not the current state of affairs where a team comes and we role over like a wee pup(biatch). The days where you would get back on the bus with blood streaming from those cut hands where they had hit steel. Now everyone comes for the crumpets and tea.

:thumb04: :rotflmao:

The early days were the finest of times, now personally not being able to go to games down to a work advancement in edinburgh i can smell staleness coming from the terraces and dischantment/disharmony from the season ticket holders.People are demanding change and the once patient (paterson, era) fan has gone.

Me thinks that the smell is from the Georgie direction and the disenchantment is from the staff waiting for last weeks wages and their win bonuses for the last five games!!

However, up at Sneck, maybe we have the best we are going to get as the downturn could affect the SPL too.

Players will have to recognise the market is smaller in Scotland now - Aberdeen want to disband the reserve league to save money, Walter is downsizing to save money - so maybe we are not immune and the lads wanting away may not find it as easy as it was in yesteryear.

Rather than buying, I think we should be concentrating on home grown talent/castoffs from clear outs( young lads not going to make it at the big club, say Rangers, brought under our regime and maybe flourish)

The fan base does not appear to be moving too much, winning at home may attract a few more, I think it is enjoy it when we can!!