Home Form

Caley Stan

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The worst thing about it is that I cannot put my finger on the exact reason why we're not winning. Could be up front, the link between midfield, the defence, any pace whatsoever or a complete lack of confidence/skill.

or it could be all of them. i agree that the stadium has a funeral felling to it at times, makes it hard to support the team. although all it takes is one win to turn it around.

bring on kilmarnock.

Guest Spectre

Our home form is an ABSOLUTE DISGRACE. im fed up of this crap. Brewster has to go simple as

I think a lot of people are fed up with the style of play, I'm just not sure it's Brewster. "Anti-football" seems to be the way many teams look to survive in the bigger leagues these days.

why not give Barry a go at playing up front and see what happens. And if it doesn't work then what have we lost? Most of out goals are coming from the midfield anyway.

I think for a few seasons now Barry has not looked that composed in front of goal.

Homw performances and results are just terrible this year and that's increasingly impacting on the gate and thus the finances of the club making it increasingly difficult to find the resourses to recruit players of sufficient quality to put things right.

Maybe if we could free up some wages from those at the club with big salaries who are not on the footballing side we might have more money to spend improving the playing side

To be fair, I don't think that there is that much fat on the non footballing side that could be freed up for players wages.

It would be fairly impossible to say one way or another with regards to wages of non-playing staff, however, what I do see is people receiving substantial salaries who are, from what I can see, failing to justify them. It's one thing to say that having x, y or z person brings in a certain amount, but if your paying them twice that amount then it's not the ideal situation.

Is a DoF a luxury we can afford?, especially if it's detracting from the money we might have available for players? It's not as if we have a large squad of players or large numbers of players coming and going in each of the transfer windows.....perhaps taking in a consultant to deal with contracts etc for a couple of months a year to deal with these things would be cheaper, or perhaps a manager with enough experience in the game to be able to deal with them himself, or god forbid a Chief Exec who knows somethng about the game who can see to it.

ive had a season ticket for 4 years, and am thinking about not getting one next season if this ***** carrys on. get it sorted!

I have tried to keep the faith but i too am gettting fed up of coming away from games without a win

Atmosphere is crap , Weathers getting colder , its no much wonder the gates are low

Come on ICT this is not good enough !

We could dispense with a Director of Football if we had an experienced manager who also had experience of negotiating contracts but with our current management team I believe that a Director of Football is essential.

Not 100% sure of this but I believe that there are certain positions that must be in existence and filled by qualified personnel as part of the club's UEFA licensing

Homw performances and results are just terrible this year and that's increasingly impacting on the gate and thus the finances of the club making it increasingly difficult to find the resourses to recruit players of sufficient quality to put things right.

Then this is where the director of football should step in and speak to the board to raise money and INVEST in the time!!!

What's with the place? It's grim. The stewards look like prison wardens eyeballing you if you even shout. There's no FUN about the place. No banter. Face facts, with the glasgow teams still in the SPL we will never sniff winning the league. The aim each year is consolidation. I'm getting really fed up with the whole situation. the club need to re-evaluate their stances on a great many things. It's no wonder the crowds are so poor. ICT feels more like a business then a club these days.

Sorry about the rant but I'm annoyed.

Don't be sorry; I never looked at it exactly like that before but you do have put it really well.

Not 100% sure of this but I believe that there are certain positions that must be in existence and filled by qualified personnel as part of the club's UEFA licensing

I could do it. I'll just sit in an office and play Football Manager all day "scouting" for players".

To be fair, the Director of Football's job is not to go scouting for players.

His job is to act as liaison between team management (manager/coaches) and club management (directors) and represent the team management at Board level. In addition to his liaison role, he is also responsible for contract negotiations, be that renewal of existing contracts that the manager has agreed to, or taking details of new targets the manager has identified, to the board, and persuading them to part with the cash to make the signing a reality.

It is a little more complicated than most of us realise and I am sure there are probably other things at SFA/SPL/UEFA levels that require us to have one. His emolument has been mentioned a few times recently, but to his credit, he never took one until we reached the SPL, and even for our first couple of years there. I would imagine that he now needs to take one as the DoF job is far bigger than it used to be, and he is obligated to attend all sorts of meetings which will impact on his "day job" and possibly reduce his income from that quite substantially.

Graeme Bennett may not be everyone's cup of tea, but he is not the problem.

As people mentioned the football isn't exactly great and we're not winning but the passion in the stadium at a game has all but gone! I can't remember who the guy is but I know a lot of people on here aren't fond of him at all? But the stewards are a joke and the place has become like Alcatraz for the fans unfortunately, just sitting wishing the time away until your released while guards keep way to close an eye on you!

I think Brewster has a lot of the slack to take for the home form to as he has literally turned it into what I just said. You can't have fans cheering you on when they know what should be done (yes we are all arm chair managers and think we could do it better but the majority of us find it completely obvious what should be done and it isn't happening)