FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Some GOOD news for ICT

kencar

Read it earlier on.

This actually is good news, may help with the new contracts and it may also give us some little cash to splash come January....plus it's cool having Flybe on the kits :rotflmao:

Edited by ajsict92

Read it earlier on.

This actually is good news, may help with the new contracts and it may also give us some little cash to splash come January....plus it's cool having Flybe on the kits :rotflmao:

Excellent news, it should go some way to filling the deficit left by lower crowds and shortage of cup runs for the last couple of seasons.

I was pleasantly surprised that this got extended. However, when you look at the figures mentioned in the article it appears that we are getting half the amount we used to get (?250k over the next 2 years, compared to ?500k for the previous 2 years, if the article is accurate)

I was pleasantly surprised that this got extended. However, when you look at the figures mentioned in the article it appears that we are getting half the amount we used to get (?250k over the next 2 years, compared to ?500k for the previous 2 years, if the article is accurate)

?250K til 2010 equates to the same deal but for one year instead of two.

You are right. But on reading the article again, the ?250k figure is just the journalists estimate, not backed up by any quotes, and I can't help thinking he has just assumed the same amount per annum.

I would be fairly certain that we are getting less than before, and would suggest that Flybe probably wanted to renegotiate the amount due for the rest of this season as part of the deal to extend. Times are hard for all airlines.

With the current economic climate I think we're extremely fortunate to be getting a deal extended to 2010. It appears to be on very similar terms to the current deal, but even if it was a little less it's still better than reaching the summer and being stuck with a hole in the accounts and struggling to find a sponsor to fill it.

yup. big thumbs up for that one

don't know about you guys over there, but over this side of the pond a lot of teams and/or sports stars are finding endorsements or sponsorships difficult to come by these days

anyone want to buy an F1 team ?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/motor-r...il-1053441.html

Good news indeed - deal consists of additional bonuses if we win one of the cups and on league position at the end of the season....

I didn't realise that they were involved in a lot more than just a name on a shirt....good on them - let's hope they can stay solvent unlike so many other airlines at the moment....

Footballshirtculture article on deal

Flybe are a good airline.

On my recent trip from meeting James Bond in London I used Flybe to return quickly to The Hall in Fort George.

I found them to be a no frills airline ( the seat backs wouldnae go down and when I asked the hostess she agreed it was to save money on short flights) but the hostesses actually take the time to physically demonstrate the body floaters which was different to the (now) doomed Zoom Airlines , where a glossy brochure was stuffed into the seat in front of you and you only found it due to boredom making you desperate enough to look for it.

On the way over from Canada with Zoom they charged for every drink and piece of tissue paper, including the provision of water. However I got round that one by staggering to the toilet at the back and telling the hostess that I was sick and immediately flopped down in the back seat. Naturally she gave me a plastic cup of water--free ascth eiar we breathe. It was so satisfying. And on the way back home every thing was free--little did we know at that point that two days later they were bankrup and the poor things were shut down . A prior clue was the fact that they took off almost an hour late from Gatwick--allegedly due to fuel problems--yep ,probably had not paid the bill for the fuel or airport charges.

Anyway Flybe is here to stay--I like their crisp colourful uniforms on board also. Very natty young ladies I must say...... :rotflmao:

Flybe are a good airline.

On my recent trip from meeting James Bond in London I used Flybe to return quickly to The Hall in Fort George.

I found them to be a no frills airline ( the seat backs wouldnae go down and when I asked the hostess she agreed it was to save money on short flights) but the hostesses actually take the time to physically demonstrate the body floaters which was different to the (now) doomed Zoom Airlines , where a glossy brochure was stuffed into the seat in front of you and you only found it due to boredom making you desperate enough to look for it.

On the way over from Canada with Zoom they charged for every drink and piece of tissue paper, including the provision of water. However I got round that one by staggering to the toilet at the back and telling the hostess that I was sick and immediately flopped down in the back seat. Naturally she gave me a plastic cup of water--free ascth eiar we breathe. It was so satisfying. And on the way back home every thing was free--little did we know at that point that two days later they were bankrup and the poor things were shut down . A prior clue was the fact that they took off almost an hour late from Gatwick--allegedly due to fuel problems--yep ,probably had not paid the bill for the fuel or airport charges.

Anyway Flybe is here to stay--I like their crisp colourful uniforms on board also. Very natty young ladies I must say...... :thumb04:

No wonder they went down the sh1tter............ :rotflmao:

I flew Toronto-Glasgow-Toronto with Zoom in April and they were excellent. soft drinks and basic snacks free but you had to pay for alcohol which is in line with most airlines these days ... even Air Canada. I was disappointed when they went bust as I thought they were one of the better transatlantic firms (having sampled most of them).

As for Flybe - we used them in September when we did Toronto-London-Inverness and despite my misgivings beforehand because of a couple of customer service issues surrounding our booking, the flight itself and the staff were great. Again, no frills, so not expecting luxury but it was fine.

Glad they have continued their sponsorship, wont have to look at easyjet for my next trip :rotflmao: