FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Robbo's job application Q&A

Wanderer

MANTIS

Q: Who was your best mate at primary school?

A: Hi Mantis

My best mate was David Bowman ex Dundee Utd i went to Parsons Green Primary Portobello High School have 4 sisters 2 brothers one(CHRIS) exRangers player.

Will that do ?as said just been reading a lot of speculation and hear say on the site and just felt it was time to put things straight i have nothing to hide and will answer all relevant questions asked no heard from a friend or a contact

Ask away

John

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MANTIS

Q: Fancy coming in the away end tomorrow?

A: Hi Mantis

Would love to but my duties take me to Dingwall and the County V Livingston game so i wont be able to participate on this occasion but thank you for that and will maybe take the official bus to an away game one day but hope you will sing your heart out tomorrow as usual i do know it is well appreciated.

regards

John or is it ok if Robbo John far to formal

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Pele Is God

Q: <laughing>

A: Hi Pele is god

You seemed concerned over my 'fitness routines' is there anything you would like to know? As i said i am happy to answer any of your questions regarding any football matter as it would be interesting for me to hear your take on the training we gave Hearts as you seem to be quite certain that there was a problem with the fitness they had?

I am happy to answer anything

kind regards

Robbo

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Pele Is God

Q: It's all rumours I guess, I think it was being compared to the management team before you. I have no insight myself. You are still responsible for the best day of my life and your emotion on the day showed how much you care for our club, so I'm grateful for that memory.

A: Hi Peleis god

Yes i was a tad emotional that day myself(and the sunday)

Thats why i have at long last decided to come online and answer any questions or concerns you may have this way you can be sure it is the truth as i have nothing to hide at all i see myself as a very honest football person,

Hearts had a fitness coach who had a specific way of training there players Donald and joined in the Nov and decide we would continue with this programme and assess it ahead of the following season as we also assesed the players and would decice then what fitness programme would be used Hearts had Uefa cup matches reached the semi final of both CIS and Scottish Cups so there was only basic fitness required had we remained we would have worked with the fitness coach to implement the best of his and our ideas to make sure the squad were as fit as possible.

Kind regards

John

+++++++++++++++++++++

ALIMCI

Q: Robbo, great to see you on the board, and I just wish I could see you in the dugout again.

Thanks for making the time to visit.

A: Hi alimac

No problem as said happy to answer all and any questions within reason just wanted to let people know the truth from myself as i see my self a fully fledged Inverniessian through residential rights (6years)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

REDNBLACKCOMEBACK

Q: Robbo, what was it you did/said that upset D Sutherland so much?

A: rednblackcomeback

I really wish i could answer that one as ihave no idea as to what it could be.i only met Mr Sutherland twice once at his offices over a dispute with the club and courier and second at Tony (rip) the bus drivers funeral on both occassions not a bad word said.So i honestly dont have answer

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

STEVICO1

Q: Robbo

When are we going to get that pint

A: stevico

Any time mate just let me know as we still have to wet your lovely young daughter's head xx

kind regards

Robbo

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

AJSICT92

Q: Robbo are you looking to get back into managment?

A: Yes i am certainly looking to get back into management

That is my long term aim unfortunatly it is a business that is cut throat and you have to wait for someone else to lose their job it is nice to see that boards this season have not sacked anyone to quickly and have given their managers some time although it is frustrating waiting .

however i have put my time to good use and have made some great contacts in Europe and Usa for future use as well as taking a sports psychology course online and watching lots of games.Also been doing some forward coaching and been helping two premier league players with advice on the above aspects as well as radio scotland so been keeping busy awaiting the possible return to management.also main job is ambasssador/business development manager at Orion .

kind regrds

robbo

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SCOTTY

Q: Welcome to the boards Robbo. It is nice to see you here and I am sure you won't get too much of a hard time.

We have talked about this in the chatroom on a matchday for a few weeks now, but I would just like to congratulate you on your "open-all-mics" performance. We dont always get to listen to the actual commentary stream from ICT games over here due to media rights, so when that happens, its open all mics for myself and a sizeable number of ex-pats dotted around the globe. I and the others have enjoyed your obvious passion for ICT when doing our games, and also how you stick up for both Inverness and ICT when some of the others try to spout the usual stereotypical bull**** about the Highlands (like the A9 woes the other week, or the frozen pitch crap).

A: Hi Scotty

I love the open all mics concept it keeps you up to date on everything that happens instantly and is very good fun but informative.As said earlier having been here 6 years i to despair at the comments on the A9 etc and try to put the point across as well as i can.On ICT yes i am a fan and want whats best for the club we have ahd problem in past about accepting that big city clubs are better than us but sorry i dont buy in to that you hav to BELEIVE your netter or you will not improve you cannot accept second best or you will be.Its just the way i am passionate want to be the best want to be a winner.

Next club that employs me going to get an improved more mature but still passonate john robertson

kind regards

robbo

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SCOTTY

Q: Please don't say Mo !!!!

A: No Scotty

Its not Mo i have been working away with a contact on the posssibilty of setting up a feeder club in the usa that would allow all the best young players to be brought over to the club for trials and assessment in my mind the usa is a huge potential area and one i would encourage my next club to get involved in.

As regards team selection i dont think it is very fair to ask that as i am not the manager of the team

kind regards

robbo

AJSICT92

Q: I think the reason people say that Robbo neglected fitness is when Brewster was appointed first time he told Barry Wilson to lose weight and as i recall he didn't play for about a month and when he came back i remember noticing he had shed alot and scored that curler against Dunfermline. I also remember reading in the papers saying Brewster banned the players from having Beer or Chips.

I still agree with those saying we need a NEW manager. Has fresh ideas and someone that will demand the players respect.

A: Hi ajsict92

Can i just confirm that Donald and i did not neglect fitness in anyway shape or form when we first came in we fitness tested the players (jan03)at the end of that season we gave them more fitness tests(bleep test+interval running) and a programme for pre season break.

14 players came back with improved results with only 4 achieving top levels the following season(spl) all squad players improved with 9 achieving top levels.There was nothing wrong with their fitness and we installed a siege mentality because we had to play at that time all home games in aberdeen we employed the 4-5-1 formation with Juanjo in behind but told roy AND barry they had to attack 1st at all times.

The board the fans the players backed our vision and it resulted in sucess the board deserve tremendous credit as it was huge gamble and financial layout

kind regrds

robbo

CALEY100

Q: Hi John,

Great to have you here!

Would you in your opinion put a lot of the defensive problems with ICT on the lack of a replacement for Dods?

Seems to me we have struggled defensively for a while and the current encumbant of the hot seat is playing players there who cnst do the job well.

A: Hi Caley100

I would not put it down to any one player but there is no doubt that we are certainly missing his type of prescense and its only when they have gone you realise how good they were, it was also frustrating to se him sit in the stands one row in front of me.I think the loss of Dods Dargo Wyness Bayne all experienced players has more relevance and you have to rebuild at some time with the demise of Gretne last year would have been the ideal time to do this.A manager s job is laced with difficult decisions of when or not to release players and when to blood youngsters and i can assure no one at the club is not trying to get the best players keep the best players.

kind regrdsrobbo

CALEYD

Q: Think it's unfair to be asking Robbo question about the current team and which players should or should not be at the club/playing or whatever.

He's kindly come on to post to clear up a few "myths" regarding what he did as a manager, both at ICT and afterwards at other clubs, so I think we should keep questions and discussion to that instead of trying to put him on the spot about the current issues/problems/difficulties at ICT.

A: Thank you CaleyD

I WANT TO BE AS OPEN AND HONEST AS POSSIBLE

My plan was quite simple win promotion as i beleived and still do that the potential Inverness has as a club as a city as business element and future growth suppourt is huge.

Donald and i had a 5 year plan to achieve the following

1.Promotion 2.Win a cup 3.Reach top 6 4.play in europe 5.get a youth set up in place to nurture the cream of the highlnds from Perth to the islands

we recruited Danny MacDonald for this and he has done a brilliant job in this department and we are already seing the benefit of this with the youngsters breaking through this will continue and Danny and his staff should be applauded for this work which is vital to the long term success of the club.

It will stand the club in good stead

kind regrds

robbo

REDNBLACKCOMEBACK

Q: All the best with finding a management position Robbo. Hope you get back into it very soon.

PS When you do get back into management, who would you choose as your assistant? ....For instance do you think Barry Wilson would make a good coach?

A: Hi RednBlack

Would depend on what job that became available etc but i would say that Barry Wilson has the credentials and the charachter to be a very promising coach moving into management one day.I was lucky to cut my teth at Livingston in the reserves and like a lot of people would love to have seen Barry given a similar opportunity at ICT.i think Barry will play out this season as a player.I have huge respect for him and was delighted to get Liverpool xi for him.

As said earlier this is not an easy decision for Craig and it is always sad to see this happen to such a loyal and respected player i am sure Barry will be back sooner rather than later and i certainly would have no problem working alongside him.

kind regards

john

KRISHIMA

Q: Hi Robbo.

As a striker (and a damned good one at that) do you agree with Alan Shearer that shooting across the goal is the way to go. How do you train strikers day to day. Is it mostly one on ones, crosses for headers or dead ball shots. ? What exactly is, as they say in the business, a natural born striker.

Great to have you here, fond fond memories.

A: Hi Kirishma

Strikers can be very strange creatures trust me on that i beleive you have to work on all parts of their game you have to find the button that makes them work find what makes them play and then impliment it players perform with confidence especially strikers depending on position when shooting depends on where to aim but we worked extremely hard on encouraging all players to score

kind regards

robbo

WANDERER

Q: How do you feel about managers 'going back' to clubs they've previously managed? Would you like a crack at Hearts again?

A: Hi Wanderer

Tean spirit is paramount once you have lost respect of the players you have no chance of getting that back you must give them some sort of feedback and allow them the same they have to beleive in you.I am a great beleiver in making each player special and to let them know how much i rated them find out how to get them going individuals were talked to and it worked i also beleive that the appointment of Donald McNaughton as sports psychologist was huge and was disappointed to se him go last season.Team spirit is crucial without it self confidence and team confidence drops.

kind regards

robbo

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

CALEYONUP

Q: hi robbo,

do you think donald park would be keen to return to the club if the oportunity arose or does he want to be nearer the family down south.

do you think were going to be able to attract a couple of decent experienced players in jan?

cheers

A: Hi caleyonup

I cant answer for Donald though i do speak reguraly with him and lets just say never say never most managers want their own people in to work alongside them and i think this may well have been the same in this case he still holds a dep affection for the club.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SIR C THE 3RD & YNGWIE

Q: Hi robbo

What is the hardest part about attracting players to Inverness and were you ever offered anyone by agents that we would think wow?

Q: Did you find that ICT's geography was a real problem in attracting players, or was it all about the wages?

A: SIR C THE 3RD and ymgwie

yes i think i could have wowed you with a few more signings there were more players of the stature and level of Bingham and Juanjo to come and who knows what i have up my sleeve for the future it was sleightly difficult to persuade one or two as we were paying similar wages to the central belt but that where i had to sell the style of play sell the style of football get them to want to play and express themselves and more importantly want them to play for Inverness i knew when they came they were commited.

its not all about wages for players honestly some want to enhance careers some want opportunity to play but i knew i had connections and scouts in place to get the right players.David Bingham desperately wanted to stay but was offered 4 times more than we could pay

but we managed to sign Ian Black on 3 year deal at UNDER ?300 PW he just wanted to come and play for me a said he would get his chance as said i dont buy this we are not good enough routine

we are and can be more BELEIVE

kind regards

robbo

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

CALEYRULE

Q: If this is the actual John Robertson (Robbo) which i think it is this is actually what we have been looking for although sadly not involved at ICT currently he seems very happy to ask sensible questions and i once approved him at an ICT an seemed a geniune character and was very happy to have a little chat before he started his Radio Scotland commentry

Robbo

If you were offered the ICT would you take it? (in the next few weeks with a bit of luck)

Michael

A: Hi caleyrule

Inverness have a manager therefor it is an un realistic and unfair question to ask me i would never put myself forward for a job that has a manager in place as i would not want the same to happen to myself.

kind regards

robbo

Copy & paste extraveganza

You are implying Robbo is after Brewsters job, please move this to the rumour mill where we can discuss this til our heart's content.

For now Brews job is safe and Robbo has stated he has no interest in any position that is not vacant.

Yes you are right communication with the fans is a bad thing and perhaps we should keep it as it is now, zero

Whilst I understand the point you are making, at the moment there's no connection between ICT and Robbo or Sally as he likes to be called on his days off. So the communication is between fans, the fact he is an ex-manager doesn't stop him from being a fan.

Guest couchpotato

I agree with where Wanderer is coming from,naebody thinks communications bad stevico1, but on the unnoficial website of a fooball club,where there is much discussion and dissent about the current manager,for a former manager to come on touting his wares smacks of desparation and undermining of the current regime.

and the registration system is also open for Mr Brewster, Malky or any other person from the current management system to do the same .... either using a pseudonym (understandable) or a real name (unlikely).

I agree with where Wanderer is coming from,naebody thinks communications bad stevico1, but on the unnoficial website of a fooball club,where there is much discussion and dissent about the current manager,for a former manager to come on touting his wares smacks of desparation and undermining of the current regime.

Robbo came on here because there were comments made about his fitness regime and other aspects of his tenure at ICT and other clubs and he wanted to give us the fans a chance to ask questions and get the answers "straight from the horses mouth". Far from "touting his wares" as you put it he stated his case regards the current incumbent at ICT, which is that the job is taken so no point thinking about it (my interpretation of his words). Get off his back or he won't be back. I think Robbo the ICT fan would be an excellent addition to this forum, not only for his experience in the game but because of his history with the club and passion for ICT.

Guest couchpotato

I understand that Scotty,but let's be honest,while the site is a great conduit for venting your spleen and discussing all manner of topics with unknown correspondants, would you conduct YOUR professional business here ?

I seriously doubt it.

I understand that Scotty,but let's be honest,while the site is a great conduit for venting your spleen and discussing all manner of topics with unknown correspondants, would you conduct YOUR professional business here ?

I seriously doubt it.

Again, ICT is not Robbo's professional business! He is discussing things from his career which have been discussed on here.

If it was discussed in the public domain that you weren't very good at your previous job would you not like the chance to have your own input to the discussion?

Guest couchpotato

I seriously doubt it.

Again, ICT is not Robbo's professional business! He is discussing things from his career which have been discussed on here.

If it was discussed in the public domain that you weren't very good at your previous job would you not like the chance to have your own input to the discussion?

5th stand, that response was to Scotty's suggestion that "Mr Brewster, Malky or any other person from the current management system" for whom ICT is certainly their professional business, could, if they wished, come on here and put forward a case,i just dont agree that a public forum is the correct vehicle to do this.

I seriously doubt it.

5th stand, that response was to Scotty's suggestion that "Mr Brewster, Malky or any other person from the current management system" for whom ICT is certainly their professional business, could, if they wished, come on here and put forward a case,i just dont agree that a public forum is the correct vehicle to do this.

Agreed Point taken. Humble apologies, mun.

I think the point of this thread is to discuss Robbo's reasons for coming to the forums, right?

The truth is we may never know his real reasons for coming to talk to us but I have been thinking about it and most probably over analysing the man's agenda. Part of me hopes that he is on here to gauge the fans' reaction to himself but I asked him that question and he answered me, I can only take the man at his word.

He has stated he is a fan of ICT and as such he should be able to come here and post his views and opinions the same as the rest of us. He could have come here under a pseudonym and posted the same things but he he has shown a lot of mettle by putting himself up to public scrutiny on a fans' website, that has to be admired.

As a recent poll has shown we fans are, in the majority, unhappy with Brewster's tenure and Robbo never said that he would not be interested in a vacant position so if it becomes the case that Brewster vacates his position I would love the opportunity to ask Robbo if he would consider the job but until that time we should respect what he has to say in the hope that he will come to the forums again and give us that opportunity.

It has been said that the John Robertson thread has given this forum a much needed lift so lets keep it that way, we badly need some good threads on here.

I would love the opportunity to ask Robbo if he would consider the job

I don't think the question needs to be asked!

You are correct but I would love to be able to ask the question.

Guest couchpotato

Agreed Point taken. Humble apologies, mun.

Nae apology needed 5th stand but appreciated anyway,and i agree to a point that any person feeling maligned or undermined by folk on message board are entitled to defend themselves and put their arguemnt across.Had Robbo been a regular contributor to this board over the years since he left i would give his Q and A idea a lot more credibility,mebbes i'm being overly cynical but the timing of this makes me a tad suspicious he has a wider agenda and whether he would be good for the club or not is a whole different discussion ( i think he could probably do a decent job btw)

I think the "timing" was down to little other than the fact that some people had been making sweeping, and inaccurate, statements about what he did or did not do at ICT and other clubs in terms of player fitness etc.

He wouldn't have needed to come on and talk to anyone directly to gauge his "popularity", as I think it's been fairly obvious from recent discussions that whilst he might not be everyone's first choice, most wouldn't see him as the worst option.

Some people are trying to read more into this than what it is, and given that this is what we've had to do for a long time now when it comes to trying to work out what is, or is not, going on with ICT then it's probably understandable that we've perhaps become a little cynical.