FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Zadi Gone or Not (merged)

Guest birdog

I would agree with comments that his signing would appear to have been a waste of time and money, somewhat of a "panic buy" I think at the time.

Brewster did exact same with Watt last season. he seems to think nothing of wasting ICTs cash.

Give some respect. Brewster did not do exactly the same with Watt. Watt came to us on loan but got injured after the CIS cup game against Arbroath. He was out for quite some time and just wasn't able to oust Hastings from the position. Had he not suffered the injury then maybe he would have featured more.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, he frightens the sh!t out of me.? I believe he will be a good addition to the squad and his presence may well be felt by a few spl forwards this season.? Good signing by Brew, well done.

If he comes towards you, just call him sir.

Changed your tune then? RiG called it correctly when he said he was useless!!!!!!!!

Well...come January, he will have the money freed up by 3 departures to play with. Barry, Zadi and Brew says one more will leave. I wonder who?????????

I wouldn't be suprised if it's Zander.

If you want to question signings then look at things like why we let someone like Marius go, only for us to replace him with a comparative amateur on comparable wages,

Is this really right? The sort of numbers I've seen bandied around on here were very different i.e. a multiple.

I'm assuming it wasn't Brewster's choice to let him go, anyway, more financial.

or why he's never looked to take in a serious replacement for Dods at the back and is still concentrating on forward players on the approach to the window when we have just as many issues in defence.

Well more issues I would say. Our scoring record is better than everyone else in the bottom 6 apart from Falkirk.

CC has to share the blame for not replacing Dods, too. Brew only had a day or so in the previous window (though I agree, with hindsight at least, it should have been a bigger priority this summer).

True, but it wasn't for the want of trying. They tried Stuart McCaffrey and it didn't work, they tried some Austrian bloke and it didn't work, they tried Gianni Joinville and it didn't work, they tried Richard Hastings and it didn't work, they tried Phil McGuire and it doesn't work, and now they're trying Proctor at centre-back and it sure aint working. They also tried Steve Watt, who I thought was really good against Arbroath and he completely disappeared. Brew needs to make a competent centre-back his number one priority in January.

No, not changed my tune specky.

Lionel never got the chance to play in the first team often enough for any of us to form a constructive opinion on his capabilities. He came on in one game I recall and was pushed forward into a completely alien position for him and flopped badly. He was never going to be the saviour, but it is wrong for us to throw negative insults at him when we have not really seen if he is good enough or not.

I stand by my initial statements. He should be innocent until proven guilty.

He still frightens the lumps out of me.

Just read on teletext that Brewster has said the story's aren't true and Djebi Djabi hasn't been released. Says if anyones to be released it will be by him and he will tell the player first :rotflmao:

If this is true then I demand to know why Zadi hasn't been released!! :thumb04:

Just read on teletext that Brewster has said the story's aren't true and Djebi Djabi hasn't been released. Says if anyones to be released it will be by him and he will tell the player first :rotflmao:

If this is true then I demand to know why Zadi hasn't been released!! :thumb04:

Maybe because if they wanted to release him he would have to agree to a mutual termination of his contract and if he didnt agree they would have had to pay him until the end of the season anyway

As someone pointed out, if Zadi is being let go then we will still need to compensate him by an equivalent amount to what he would earn to the end of his contract. Thats not freeing up money for new players. Any that go will be those nearing the end of their contracts. Not sure quite how it works with the youngsters like Zander. I'm sure that, if they are contracted within the youth development scheme we cant just dump them. We can sell them on or lone them out but I think we have to look after them to whatever is deemed the end of their apprenticeship. Could be totally wrong on this mind. No doubt CD will come up with the rules on this one.

if Zadi is being let go then we will still need to compensate him by an equivalent amount to what he would earn to the end of his contract.

Not necessarily. By being released, the player benefits from getting a salary elsewhere, and hopes he can get back to playing first team football and improving his long term career prospects.

So usually what happens is that a compromise is reached and the player gets less than the remainder of his contract.

I would imagine Zadi is one of our cheaper players on the pay roll so paying him off i would think wouldn't be much of a problem. The fact that Brew stated he was keen on Richie Byrne a month ago certainly suggests Zadis future with us was rather bleak.

I think that the other pkayer departing could be McBain. He has barely featured in the last month or so.

I would imagine Zadi is one of our cheaper players on the pay roll so paying him off i would think wouldn't be much of a problem. The fact that Brew stated he was keen on Richie Byrne a month ago certainly suggests Zadis future with us was rather bleak.

I think that the other pkayer departing could be McBain. He has barely featured in the last month or so.

I think after the last months performance we can't afford to lose McBain and he should feature more in the team not less!