FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Good Pubs In Inverness

RiG

Ever since The Fluke cut half it's menu and started charging nearly ?9 for a burger and chips we've decided to look elsewhere for somewhere to get a decent munch and watch the early football games on a Saturday morning before the regular ICT defeat (Boo Brewster etc.).

However we haven't found a good one and I don't know Inverness that well anymore so can anyone offer any recommendations as to a good place to go for some food that isn't over priced and where you can watch the football on Santa or Sky?

If I like your pub of choice I will buy you a sherbert dip.

xxx

Edited by RiG
Spelling.

Aye I thought the Fluke were doing a great deal when I saw advertising for '2 meals for the price of one'. It was only when I read the menu that I noticed they've doubled the price of each meal to make up for it!! :rotflmao:

The old Bar Pivo has now changed and (I think) does football & food, but I haven't been in yet!

I was going to reccommend The Fluke. tum te tum :rotflmao:

Maybe the prices ave been hiked is because, its a fraction as busy as it used to be pre smoking ban. Sometimes, i wonder if it can continue. Last time i was in (months ago) the seats were all dirty and scabby and generally looking run down. Shame that!

I was going to reccommend The Fluke. tum te tum :rotflmao:

Maybe the prices ave been hiked is because, its a fraction as busy as it used to be pre smoking ban. Sometimes, i wonder if it can continue. Last time i was in (months ago) the seats were all dirty and scabby and generally looking run down. Shame that!

To be honest the only two things that were attractive before was the price of it's food and a choice of games to watch.

Since the food's gone up it's no longer a good place to go.

I have to stick up for the Fluke here,It was left to go downhill over a period of a couple of years, and as Smee says the seats were minging and the whole place was getting well scabby,but since new manager Gordi Steel took over he has been workin his erse off with little or no budget to turn the place round and slowly is getting the place far better than it has been of late. He now has dual Sky to watch 2 different sport channels simultaneously and the food pricing is obviously structured to encourage the 2 for one offers,i agree the 9 quid burger is obviously no gonna happen if yer on yer own but when 2 are eating and the cheaper meal is free it works out a pretty cheap eating out with the bill rarely over a tenner for 2 folk or 2 courses for 8 quid is pretty good value compared to most town pubs.

The atmosphere is also generally pretty good with no bother or hassle that i've seen.If your no happy with something ,ask to speak to Gordi( he's very approachable) and let him know your concerns,he'll deffo take them on board and is continuall working to improve the place

(and no ,he didnae give me a free pint to write this)

Edited by Heilandee

If you like your "food" straight from the freezer to the microwave to your plate then witherspoons is indeed the place to go .

Aye they do a cracking microwaved gammon steak.. Always amazes me how accurately they manage to paint those griddle marks on them :rotflmao:

can anyone go into the caley club?

I remember (way back in the Hgihland League days) they used to be very strict on getting in. Think its a lot less fromal now...but not too sure. Does it cost to join the Caley Club? Also, while I am at it? Is it now the ICT social club?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aye they do a cracking microwaved gammon steak.. Always amazes me how accurately they manage to paint those griddle marks on them :rotflmao:

:thumb04: :018: ;)

Just seen that comment!!

Good pubs in Inverness?

Castle Tavern's pretty good for food and choice of beers...

Not cheap mind... but that keeps the riff-raff out.

The landlady in Finlays cracked open the champagne for the Caley boys after the Partick Thistle game , on the house . Nice touch .

Been hearing a few good reports about Fiinlays, reckon i'll give it a go in the not too distant

Any excuse for a beer :rotflmao: