FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dennis Wyness (Split)

The Mantis

SPL Goals this season:

Barrowman = 2

Wyness + Dargo = 1

That would be the Barrowman who everyone's sneering at, stepping up 2 divisions in the process.

Not sneering at Barrowman as I still think he needs time and played in right formation and with right partner, but one of those 2 was a penalty was it not.

should never have been let go so easily, but Wyness was no longer up to the physical nature of the SPL.

1) No 'sting in his shot' aged 29. Entering the realms of fantasy now :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;)

What?

should never have been let go so easily, but Wyness was no longer up to the physical nature of the SPL.

3) You never went either, did you?

Yes I did :lol:

SPL Goals this season:

Barrowman = 2

Wyness + Dargo = 1

That would be the Barrowman who everyone's sneering at, stepping up 2 divisions in the process.

I'm sneering at Barrowman because he's given us sweet **** all apart from those two goals.

So Spectre, armed with those statistics, are you going to tell us that we're better off with Barrowman on his own up front than we would be with a partnership of Wyness and Dargo?

1) No 'sting in his shot' aged 29. Entering the realms of fantasy now :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;)

What?

Just quoting what you said Chris! Sounds a bit daft to me.......

Yes I did :lol:

Fair enuff. Respect :015:

Edited by The Mantis

He started of terrifically last season but sadly faded drastically as the season wore on.

I heard that him and Brew didn't get on and i know he was a legend and all but his performances towards the end of last season simply weren't worthy enough of a new deal. Although given the amount of other forwards we booted out i would have perhaps kept him.

Edited by ajsict92

He certainly wasn't doing it towards the end of the season. Undoubtedly due to a lack of confidence and motivation. Can't altogether blame Brew for not keeping a player that just didn't fit in to his plans. However, It was sooooooooooooooooooooo obvious though that we needed an experienced striker (as the forum was constantly saying), so he at the very least needed replaced.

1) No 'sting in his shot' aged 29. Entering the realms of fantasy now :rotflmao: :thumb04: :lol: :018:

What?

Just quoting what you said Chris! Sounds a bit daft to me.......

Yes I did :015:

Fair enuff. Respect ;)

Is Denzil not 31 now?

And I can't remember a single occasion last season where Denzil managed to put any thump in his shot. You yourself have played amateurs, probably at a much higher level then myself and will know that a striker with a thunderous drive has a massive advantage over one that can't exert a decent amount of power.

Don't get me wrong, I've no doubt that Denzil is still an excellent technical player, and probably is benefitting from a manager with a bit of faith (we all know that Denzil is a confidence player) however I just don't think he's physically strong enough for the SPL.

I dont agree with the physically strong aspect. Many strikers of slight build have faired well in the SPL. If he can be in the right position to tap in from a good cross that just as valuable as the thunderous shot into the back of the net. The thunderous striker will put eight over the bar for every one he scores with.

I dont agree with the physically strong aspect. Many strikers of slight build have faired well in the SPL. If he can be in the right position to tap in from a good cross that just as valuable as the thunderous shot into the back of the net. The thunderous striker will put eight over the bar for every one he scores with.

May I ask which strikers?

Larsson, Scott McDonald, Nacho Novo, Petrov, Darren Mackie, Derek Riordan, Billy Dodds, Stephen Crawford - All under 6 Feet tall and they pretty much make up the majority of the SPL top scorers over the years.

:rotflmao: :D :thumb04: :018: ;) :lol: :015: :D :P :021: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

These guys were indeed slightly built, however, as an example, Larsson was rumoured to be doing weight training three times a week at his peak. He held the ball up very well.

A lot of the others compensated for lack of build with pace. Wyness was neither strong nor quick. He was simply very skillful.

Wyness was excellent for St Mirren last Saturday and was unrecognisible from the player we had last season.

Obviously he is a player who needs to feel wanted and he has found a manger who can bring the best out of him.

Wyness was excellent for St Mirren last Saturday and was unrecognisible from the player we had last season.

Obviously he is a player who needs to feel wanted and he has found a manger who can bring the best out of him.

or he was a player putting on a show against his former club.....

The Kilmarnock official site describes todays game with St Mirren as a tight affair with nothing to separate the teams apart from a stunning set up by Wyness and an easy finish by Dorman. Wyness is flourishing as the creative forward player in St Mirren's 4-4-2 formation and Andy Dorman looks like being the beneficiary ! St Mirrens's next two games are home games v Accies and 'Well , 2 victories for them and their virtually safe ! :rotflmao: