FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Possible Centre-back Signings

Renegade

How about getting Andy Webster (although he's probably injured?) on loan from Rangers. I saw he had returned to them from Bristol City the other day.

That's not unthinkable - Webster was in the ICT end for several away games last season. I think it was because of a friendship with one of our players (Graham Bayne, possibly) but clearly he has shown an interest in the club's fortunes in the past. Any idea how he got on at Bristol?

Pretty obvious really. injured most of the time and has looked pretty awful according to reports. His contract is up in the summer and it looks like free transfer time. He's started one game for Bristol and was poor. Don't know if he'll ever do a Lee Wilkie and get back to form.

Incidentally, Wilkie for Scotland! Best Scots defender besides Caldwell IMHO.

Pretty obvious really. injured most of the time and has looked pretty awful according to reports. His contract is up in the summer and it looks like free transfer time. He's started one game for Bristol and was poor. Don't know if he'll ever do a Lee Wilkie and get back to form.

Incidentally, Wilkie for Scotland! Best Scots defender besides Caldwell IMHO.

Shame, IMO. He was a bit of a mercenary, maybe, but also a great prospect had he stayed clear of injury. Mind you, if he was fit enough to do a decent job for a championship club then we'd never get near him.

• 1 month later...
Guest Muir-Jaggie

i read in a paper somewhere that butcher was looking at martyn corrigan from killie whos contract is up at the end of season. county were looking at him but nothing came off for them. he played for butcher before at motherwell

• 4 weeks later...

How about Will Haining of St Mirren - quality defender and is out of contract in the summer could replace Munro if he keeps turning in poor performances like today.

Munro had one bad game today, one out of pritty much whole season but overall he is a much much better defender than Will Haining and i don't really want to sign St Mirren defenders if their shipping goals by that number today.

Muir-Jaggie's got it spot on. Securing Pavels on a long term deal should be the main priority in our backline.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

if we got rid of mcguire and byrne i think we would do oryt.

i think we have enough cover as it is but i would like to see another RB come in to the team maybe theres another young star on the way up. We have Ross Tokely (RB), Proctor (can cover RB or CB), Lionel Djebi-Zadi (LB), Roy Mcbain (can cover at LB), Grant Munro (CB), Richard Hastings (LB or CB) Pavels Mihadjuks (CB), Thierry Gathuessi (LB or CB), Jamie Duff (CB). so i think we have alright cover see how it does till January.

Maybe Terry will go for a defender in the summer but what would the caley fans like to see another young defender (aka Duff), kind of in between, or in there 30s. Which 1 would you prefer????? and how would that make a difference to the squad?????

Scott Wilson is a decent shout. At least he's been in the division. We should look at the teams with the best defences and start there.

I really cant think of any 1st divison defenders that really stand out. Then again i no longer really follow that division - maybe i should start soon. :rotflmao:

He's just signed for North Queensland Fury, who have also just signed Robbie Fowler.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Scott Wilson is a decent shout. At least he's been in the division. We should look at the teams with the best defences and start there.

I really cant think of any 1st divison defenders that really stand out. Then again i no longer really follow that division - maybe i should start soon. :rotflmao:

He's just signed for North Queensland Fury, who have also just signed Robbie Fowler.

who feck is North Queensland Fury??? what country they from??

How about Will Haining of St Mirren - quality defender and is out of contract in the summer could replace Munro if he keeps turning in poor performances like today.

Munro had one bad game today, one out of pritty much whole season but overall he is a much much better defender than Will Haining and i don't really want to sign St Mirren defenders if their shipping goals by that number today.

Muir-Jaggie's got it spot on. Securing Pavels on a long term deal should be the main priority in our backline.

Will Haining is a far superior defender to Grant Munro.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

He's signed for county.

he's not a county just looked at there team and never saw his name went on the killie website and hes on it so am guessing he stayed at killie and i havnt heard that he has signed a new contract.

so maybe have a look at him???

Guest Muir-Jaggie

talking to a killie fan on msn and he says hes at county but hes not to sure. i never saw anything in the papers

He's signed for county.

he's not a county just looked at there team and never saw his name went on the killie website and hes on it so am guessing he stayed at killie and i havnt heard that he has signed a new contract.

so maybe have a look at him???

He signed for Ross County on a contract till the end of the season. He only had 6 months left on his Kilmarnock deal so he came to an agreement to get it shreaded and then went to Dingwall. He was playing against St J's on Saturday.