FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Talking Tictacs

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

I actually went yesterday hoping to see Black and Cowie shine and the team to show desire and passion. Well I saw some players clearly dying fer the cause and I applaud them for it. Stand up Ross Tokely, Richard Hastings, Russell Duncan and Roy McBain.

But just when I thought that the tactics could only improve I witnessed the worst display of tactics ever. Brew evidently picked a team to play for him and the club - understandable - he picks his signings, his favourites and the players most likely to die for the shirt - again fair enuff.

And then he crucifies them by playing a formation and a system which looked to be a reactive choice, clearly not honed on the training ground and gave Well the game from the kick off. It was embarrasing - a total farce.

What the actual formation was supposed to be is anybodys guess !!

They lined up as it was a 4-4-2 with Tokely wide right and Cowie just off Wood. Was Brew actually giving Rosscoe a Bazza type role. :rotflmao:

Within minutes it had changed to a 5-1-3-1 as Russell dropped into the hole and Cowie dropped back as well. But Royster was practically the furthest forward with a huge hole in between him and Cowie - which Well poured into.

I suspect that Proctor was supposed to move rite to cover Rosscoe going forward but then the other three stayed left !!

It was evidently clear to the most amateurish of observers that we simply did not have a clue what we were doing at the back. We appeared to play a straight line zone defence when defending crosses and dead balls - and look what happened. And who was covering Hastings and where was Imrie supposed to be !!

The order of the day appeared to be hoof it up to Wood who either lost it, was beat to the ball (most times) or when he did hold it up his only pass was to go back - with no runners.

The second half was even worse - the first 15 minutes was like watching a game of goals and byes - we had 10 men defending and 11 at corners or dead ball kicks.

We just simply crowded the box and were content at throwing ourselves into blocks and tackles.

We improved markedly in the last 15 minutes but - to be fair - by that time the Phil O'Donnell emotion had taken over, Well had hooked their forwards and they had eased up.

And Brew states that he can ABSOLUTELY turn this around - lets hope he has his lobotomy as soon as possible.

And what does he play next week - does he change it again ? If he doesnt play his favoured five at the back - who is he going to drop - I can see Granty getting the benching as he evidently didnt like what was going on around him

Having just wtched the highlights it feels even worse - just look at where our back five positioned themselves for the three goals. :rotflmao: The third one has four of them in the goal area but only Proctor apparently marking. It now looks evident that Brew gave Proctor the role of marking Porter - that was even ridiculous to consider in the first instance - that should have been Munro's job - but to carry on into the second half is tactically inane. And where exactly was Maguire fer the goals - surely he should have been central and supporting Proctor - and look at Tokely's positioning and movement fer the first and third goals.

Tactically an absolute shambles - AGAIN - ABSOLUTELY !!

Guest natasha

Before anyone one geats carried away for Natasha read Big man.

Since the web page changed I have been unable to get in what a mess and shambles since I havn't been able to keep brewster on the straight and narrow.

Tic tacs Greece won the Euro finals playing 5 at the back may have come from that.

The only one left to try is 2 goalkeepers.

What is required is to get back to basics 4 4 2. regardless of whether we are at home or away. allow the players to become use to a system allow them to play to their stengths regardless of who we are playing its not the Liverpools or manus we are against its falkirks etc.

Forget fancy systems just get hold of the ball and keep it for a while.