FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who?

Harry Chibber

When it comes to 'affording' managers, I'm not sure it would be that tough to get people like Colin Calderwood (not a bad shout) or Gary McAllister (not done enough at Leeds for me), or even Bruce Rioch. These people are either at the beginning or the end of their career. They either need a long-lasting job quickly or need to develop their careers at whatever level they can get. There are bigger names than Calderwood that start in non-League football. Being a success with an SPL club (if you don't believe you can be a success with a club, don't be a manager) must look good on the CV.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's clear the majority of the supporters on this forum want a replacement for Brew. I am curious to read who each of you would pick as the next ICT manager?

I usually hate threads like this (asking for replacements before the guy has been shunted) but it's true we are on our worst run of form (ever?) and there is plenty of reasons to criticise our current chief/commander. My opinion would be to stick with Brew and see if he can turn it around (although my glass is brimming compared to others) but I can certainly understand the discontent

Who are your top 3 candidates for the job IF it becomes available?

I would go for Stevie Frail as manager and Elvis as coach ( player / coach until the end of the season and the bedding in of a new defence )

Bring in these two , hand them the responsibility and get rid of Football Director - we seriously don't need this position at this time - two salaries in lieu of the present three - bring on the new football director , if required , when we achieve some success !

Do this quickly as Brew cannot be trusted to use any cash wisely in the transfer market ( look at what he pulled in at Dundee and so far at Inverness ) !

Robbo could possibly come back and do the job but I would plump for Bobby Williamson- Knows football, Knows the SPL set up, has been over the course, as player and coach and I think he'll be able to weed out our less able CB first team regulars. Probably most importantly he could really boost our youth system. His wins record at all his clubs compares with most other SPL managers outside the old firm including CB.

And that's a good thing is it?

Simon Clifford - Manager of Garforth Town. Now bear with me here. Simon was head of youth development at southampton when they were in the epl. he has helped devlop the talents of the likes of gareth bale and theo walcott. unfortunately he was punted because he made the players do extra work despite the fact the players actually wanted to do more work. he emphasises technique and fitness. he would get our players into shape and playing attractive football. he also runs those brazilian soccer schools and maybe able to bring a few legends to the club (cafu joins garforth town in april). in short, he would be the perfect manager however he is not a yes man so the board would never (x10) appoint him.

That's thinking outside the box and I like it a lot, but as you say the board would never go for it.

Robbo for me as he's local, knows the set-up, loves the club and I reckon he would come cheaper than anyone else. be agreeable to a reasonable deal. :rotflmao:

Robbo could possibly come back and do the job but I would plump for Bobby Williamson- Knows football, Knows the SPL set up, has been over the course, as player and coach and I think he'll be able to weed out our less able CB first team regulars. Probably most importantly he could really boost our youth system. His wins record at all his clubs compares with most other SPL managers outside the old firm including CB.

And that's a good thing is it?

Simon Clifford - Manager of Garforth Town. Now bear with me here. Simon was head of youth development at southampton when they were in the epl. he has helped devlop the talents of the likes of gareth bale and theo walcott. unfortunately he was punted because he made the players do extra work despite the fact the players actually wanted to do more work. he emphasises technique and fitness. he would get our players into shape and playing attractive football. he also runs those brazilian soccer schools and maybe able to bring a few legends to the club (cafu joins garforth town in april). in short, he would be the perfect manager however he is not a yes man so the board would never (x10) appoint him.

That's thinking outside the box and I like it a lot, but as you say the board would never go for it.

Robbo for me as he's local, knows the set-up, loves the club and I reckon he would come cheaper than anyone else. be agreeable to a reasonable deal. :rotflmao:

I could be wrong but I dont think its going to happen, Robbo will not be the next ICT manager for all the wrong reasons

spoke to robbo myself tonight and he told me he cant see himself coming back as sutherland doesnt like him.

Mr Sutherland needs to accept that he may be a shareholder but there are appointed members on the ICT board who do not need his approval before making decisions. And the members of said board need to grow a pair and realise that it is their fault that this situation has been allowed to transpire. Do the right thing.

I put my signature (below) on my profile as history shows us it only takes one man to destroy something but it takes many to create it.

If ICT had a PR agent (DS Tulloch's comments in the courier make me think there is not one currently employed) then he or she would be a busy boy/girl.

The fact is, DS will not appoint Robbo out of spite, he doesnt like him or us, as he is above us and only deals with people of his own intellect and calibre, who say yes frequently, and that is not us or Robbo it seems.

A coup d'etat will never happen, but perhaps DS should be visited by the ghost of Eddie Thompson, a great man, to learn what owners should be like. Not petulent, condescending, arrogant, aloof, egotistical, machiavellian figures like David Sutherland (Tullochs).

Back on topic. I foresee Steven Pressley in charge from February, and im not wholly woriied. I think he has it in him, experience or not, to do the job.

At the moment I'd take just about anybody! If Brewster stays we are down, he has no idea how to turn it around and the consequences will last way beyond the end of this season. Someone else needs to be given the chance now to stop the rot.

Hamilton are full of spirit and that fight will keep them up. Falkirk are in the mire but I think they have more left in the tank than us. The players in all the sides are fairly evenly matched, the difference comes from the dugout and how they get the players to produce on the pitch - as things looked we are doomed with Brewster in charge so we need a positive change.

The only one for me to give us an instant boost is Robbo but I understand the comments about the relationship with DS and realise it's probably not going to happen. Pressley would be decent choice - ok it's a gamble but the way I see it we've nothing to lose!

Edited by CaleyCanary

Through all of history, who would you have as our manager?

Groucho Marks for me!

He could have played all his brothers; Captain Zeppo at centre half, Chico doing a zola in front of the strikers and Harpo in goals!

1 Robbo

2 John Bomber Brown

3 Derek McInnes or Billy Reid :rotflmao: No chance but hey

Id be happy re appointing but only Robbo. Where Paterson had a great record, he's recovering now and it will be a while before he is coaching at a serious level again.

John Brown has had to do alot of work at Clyde with no budget and at a team destined to fight against relegation. They dug deep at the end last season and got out of it and thats what we need.

The other two have done great jobs at equal sized clubs.

I'd look at most managers in the 1st.

I dont like watching Bloaby Williamsons teams. Its all long ball. Both Hibs and Killie fans loathed it. We are historically a footballing side in my opinion.

In reply to the DoF. Out of grazza or Beaton my answer is neither. I'd rather not have one at all. An immense waste of money in my opinion. If you cant trust a manager to sign someone on his terms (fair enough have a money man there too) then it can be a point of friction.

Edited by iamthecaptain1