FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Crisis ? What crisis ?

Scotty

I don't think too many of us are surprised to find ourselves rock bottom. It's been obvious for weeks that that was where we were heading.

The only consolation is that it makes it far more difficult for the board to plead collective myopia to our predicament.

The big question is whether they will be prompted to act now when we are only 3 points adrift with a realistic hope of turning things around under a competent manager or whether, for whatever reason, they are prepared to sit it out until it is too late.

Unfortunately, recent experience suggests to me that it's much more likely to be the latter rather than the former !

37382-shot.jpg

Well well, Another defeat ( wasnt unexpected ) and yet we are still in the 'we can turn it around ' mode, well there are two kind of serious games coming up soon, but hey dont panic, no pressure at all, we can turn it around eh?

The good news is that the meaningless fixtures are behind us. Inverness Courier quoting Barrowman:

"It's two crunch games for us," he stated. "It's coming to that time of the season where from now on in every game is going to be a big one. I think it's just important that we try to enjoy these games as these are the ones that you want in to play in, rather than meaningless fixtures.'

Does anyone know which meaningless fixtures he is talking about or does that sum up how we have underestimated the SPL this year? Now this explains why some of us believe we are in a crisis. With Ross County supporters wetting themselves with laughter at our predicament this confirms it.

The good news is that the meaningless fixtures are behind us. Inverness Courier quoting Barrowman:

"It's two crunch games for us," he stated. "It's coming to that time of the season where from now on in every game is going to be a big one. I think it's just important that we try to enjoy these games as these are the ones that you want in to play in, rather than meaningless fixtures.'

Does anyone know which meaningless fixtures he is talking about or does that sum up how we have underestimated the SPL this year? Now this explains why some of us believe we are in a crisis. With Ross County supporters wetting themselves with laughter at our predicament this confirms it.

The situation that unfolded at Gretna did give rise to quite a few meaningless fixtures.

Shame they're no longer with us....

Twice tonight on BBC News, footage of our 2 most recent matches was used to demonstrate how good Porter and Boyd are and consequently how sh*te our defence is. What an embarrassment. Will it never end? I wish dumb and dumber would just gooooooooo awaaaaaaay! :rotflmao:

:thumb04: Our defensive frailties are being used as showcases for other players. Surely now that might ring some alarm bells in the boardroom of anyone watching

:rotflmao: Our defensive frailties are being used as showcases for other players. Surely now that might ring some alarm bells in the boardroom of anyone watching

No... It will merely highlight what talented players we keep coming up against...

:rotflmao: Our defensive frailties are being used as showcases for other players. Surely now that might ring some alarm bells in the boardroom of anyone watching

No... It will merely highlight what talented players we keep coming up against...

Unfortunately I agree :thumb04:

Surely you mean "World Class".

In contrast to the position we are in, here is an extract from Hamilton's chairman to their fans:

''A Message to Accies Fans from Chairman Ronnie MacDonald ---

On behalf of my fellow Directors, Manager, Staff and Players I wish you all a Happy New Year.

We have now reached the halfway point of the SPL season and I am sure you will agree that it has been a significant part of the club history. Given all the improvements to the Stadium and the Club infrastructure, toppng the SPL for a brief period and starting this year with the home leg of a league double over Aberdeen.

Everyone at the Club is applying themselves to the task of moving the Accies forward, but it is the support that you have given which I wish to acknowledge. It has been well documented how dispirited the Club had become when I took over as Chairman. Our journey from the Third Division to the SPL coupled with rescuing the club from liquidation and oblivion, establishing an excellent youth system and community programme have been achievements everyone can be proud of, however I think the greatest achievement has been the way you have all supported your young team and the Manager.

Initially the support were sceptical of our aims after the damaging in-fighting that had characterised the club for many years. Supporting your local club is meant to be fun and a passion. I believe the support given to the team on good and bad days surpasses any other group of fans in the country. There can be nothing more discouraging than having your own so-called fans slaughter your club and I hear it every tme we play away from home. For all your encouragement throughout my tenure I sincerely thank you.

As you are aware, we travel to Dingwall for the Homecoming Scottish Cup 4th Round on Saturday and as an appreciation of your ongoing support, the Club will pay the admission costs for each and every 'Accie' who wishes to go. The details on how to obtain your free ticket will be posted on the website, or contact Terry or Scott at the club.

Whenever possible we will introduce initiatives to help you support the team in what will be a difficult economic period for everyone.''

We MUST NOT, I repeat MUST NOT, underestimate the magnitude of the task we face when we play them shortly. If we do, Malky might just have to admit we have a small problem if not crisis.

In contrast to the position we are in, here is an extract from Hamilton's chairman to their fans:

On behalf of my fellow Directors, Manager, Staff and Players I wish you all a Happy New Year.

We have now reached the halfway point of the SPL season and I am sure you will agree that it has been a significant part of the club history. Given all the improvements to the Stadium and the Club infrastructure, toppng the SPL for a brief period and starting this year with the home leg of a league double over Aberdeen.

Everyone at the Club is applying themselves to the task of moving the Accies forward, but it is the support that you have given which I wish to acknowledge. It has been well documented how dispirited the Club had become when I took over as Chairman. Our journey from the Third Division to the SPL coupled with rescuing the club from liquidation and oblivion, establishing an excellent youth system and community programme have been achievements everyone can be proud of, however I think the greatest achievement has been the way you have all supported your young team and the Manager.

Initially the support were sceptical of our aims after the damaging in-fighting that had characterised the club for many years. Supporting your local club is meant to be fun and a passion. I believe the support given to the team on good and bad days surpasses any other group of fans in the country. There can be nothing more discouraging than having your own so-called fans slaughter your club and I hear it every tme we play away from home. For all your encouragement throughout my tenure I sincerely thank you.

As you are aware, we travel to Dingwall for the Homecoming Scottish Cup 4th Round on Saturday and as an appreciation of your ongoing support, the Club will pay the admission costs for each and every 'Accie' who wishes to go. The details on how to obtain your free ticket will be posted on the website, or contact Terry or Scott at the club.

Whenever possible we will introduce initiatives to help you support the team in what will be a difficult economic period for everyone.''

What a fantastic statement....

Hopefully someone will convey a copy to our board

I'm sure that's just how they feel about us (the supporters).... :rotflmao:

We MUST NOT, I repeat MUST NOT, underestimate the magnitude of the task we face when we play them shortly. If we do, Malky might just have to admit we have a small problem if not crisis.

:rotflmao: My god, so there is such a thing as a club thanking their fans! Why I'd almost forgotten that we have been a part of Caley from the start the way that the club treat us these days!