FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Striker(s)

Tichy_Blacks_Back

So the feeling from the latest threads is that if we get a new striker in then we will have a better chance of staying up.

If so we need somebody with experience and the ability to still get goals on a regular basis. The problem as I see it is that to get an experienced striker in that we can afford it will probably mean somebody 30+ or from the SFL or another east european import. A loan deal will probably not get us the type of player we need.

In addition one may not be enough and we may need two so who do we think Brewster should be looking at getting in as there doesn't seem to be many obvious candidates out there?

Wyness, Elliot, Clarke, Bayne, Kirk, Weatherson, Grady, Dobbie ????

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

Kirk is only decent one out that lot. Pretty sure there's a latvian striker arriving tomorrow.

Yes - but Vits Rimkus is yet another short term solution.

so is this the striker on trial then?

at 35 he is certainly experienced!!

looks like he knows the way to goal though, in 143 appearances for FK Ventspils he has scored 81 times, not a bad goal return.

Guest CaleyJAGGIE

aye that would be good if dargo would come back but i doubt it cos himself and wyness have a decent partnership at st mirren

aye that would be good if dargo would come back but i doubt it cos himself and wyness have a decent partnership at st mirren

Yeah both players are banging them in left and right :rotflmao:

Wyness's son asked santa for his dad to score a wee goal! Please santa!?

Mark Burchill wouldn't be a terrible idea. Pat Clarke is certainly proving himself at 1st division level despite Clyde being absolute rubbish but we don't need Dargo or Wyness back because they've only got 4 goals between them since joining St mirren.

Wonder if Jim Hamilton would be worth a punt. Or mayb'e Ben Hutchinson on loan from Celtic. He was VERY impressive for their reserve side when they came up here.

give Rooney or Wood a chance with 2 up front..maybe bring in Robbie Winters (out of contract) as a cheap alternative till the end of the season as experience required to get us out of this mess and help whoever else up front, Not a bad record in the SPL and Brann fans seem to have good words to say about him, might be getting slower but knows where the goal is when its needed.

give Rooney or Wood a chance with 2 up front..maybe bring in Robbie Winters (out of contract) as a cheap alternative till the end of the season as experience required to get us out of this mess and help whoever else up front, Not a bad record in the SPL and Brann fans seem to have good words to say about him, might be getting slower but knows where the goal is when its needed.

I thought i heard that Robbie Winters had signed for Livi but maybe i could be wrong

I thought i heard that Robbie Winters had signed for Livi but maybe i could be wrong

His brother David has signed for Livi.

Robbie is still without a club think he's been training with Killie and most recently Hamilton.

Hello guys. Looks like you don't know it yet... Latvian striker Andrejs Butriks from FK Ventspils is on trial by you now :rotflmao: Not Rimkus, who is scoring again and again in a pre-season tournament in Russia (4 goals in 2 games).