FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

neil lennon

strathyjags

little lennon story..............used to enjoy shouting abuse at lennon but changed my tune after the celtic cup tie when we lost i think 2-1 to pressley and miller goals. my nephew was going to romania with milburn school to coach underpriv kids. he needed to raise some cash for the trip. thought a celtic strip to auction would be good. waited for ages outside celtic hotel before match. then kenny miller appeared to go on bus. tried to explain the romania trip, told to f*** off. next out was kit man, he told him to p*** off. next out neil lennon, he listened and told him to come back after the game. !!!!nephew went to game thinking at least he tried. after game decided to go back to hotel. he told first player out that neil lennon told him to come for a celtic shirt. ignored.same with next couple of players. eventually neil lennon appeared and without being approached said to nephew did you get the strip you asked for earlier. nephew told him no one would speak to him, then neil lennon turned round to kit man who told nephew to p*** off earlier and told him "to get a strip for the boy". a celtic strip was taken from the kit bag and handed to nephew. lennon aint as bad as the press he gets.

I believe he will make a good manager. I also dont hold grudges. I dont, however, think he'd be good for us at this time though I think he could provide the odd Celtic loan. I would never say no to him coming here in the future though.

Alex I am afraid I have to agree with you again, I think he had a great football brain as a player (like him or as many did hate him) Celtic missed him greatly when he left as a player, and if he can take that into managment he will do well. Not right for us or him at this time but who knows in the future.