FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher is Boss

Renegade

I am prepared to wait and see what is actually said by the board and by Butcher before condemning either them or him.

The Scotland gig is for a few games a year on weekends where SPL games are not scheduled, the Setanta one is for the Sunday game when our players will normally have a day off so it is possible to combine the jobs and still give 100%. .......

If we are playing on a Sunday and he pops up on Setanta, then we have a problem, until then, give the guy a chance. I have also heard a whisper that the Setanta post may be relinquished - not sure of the validity of that whisper though.

Ah excellent they will get us the derby back and another pop at the challenge cup - IMO very poor decision but here's hoping I am wrong....

PS - if we can afford this pair's wages and pay off Brewster how then couldn't we get in players in the transfer window who are either free agents, loans or going to be realeased by their clubs....

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

OK OK, I give in.

Enough sources pointing towards Butcher becoming the next manager with Malpas as his assistant.

I believe there will be an official press release later today with Setanta possibly covering this 'exclusive'

Might not be till around 16:00 though.

All will be revealed soon.................

Guest Caleylass

Heard it this morning on Clyde 1... at 7am apparantly there is to be a press conference later, he was offered position last night (aledgedly) and Maurice Malpas to be his assistant.... any more updates.... this my first reply / positing on this site....... be gentle with me tee hee :rotflmao:

I hate how we're kept in the dark.. As a family club, you would think they would make some kind of notice to let us know what is going on.

But instead, we don't even know if he is manager yet or not!

Joke!

Aye, a family club but only if you're in the Sutherland "family"

Good luck to the new management team. Please don't take any crap from those who know less about the game than you do.

Edited by caleyboy

Butcher flying back up from London at lunch-time, few minor details to iron out and then will meet press late afternoon, early evening. I understand the concerns expressed, but why would he take the job if he was half-hearted? There are risks to his future career opportunities if he fails here. He is also well enough paid in other roles. Clearly, he still has a drive and desire to be a success in management and that can only be good for ICT (if he is any good, of course ...)

Hope he works out for yous .

Thanks, I hope so too.

I would have liked to see Robbo back at the helm, but I can't complain about the Butcher+Malpas duo. I've actually found this search for a new manager to be much less stressful than the last one (but then I was gutted that CC resigned, and I didn't want Brewster back).

I think B+M can keep us up, and if the 18 month deal is true, then Butcher is at least committed at the moment. If he fails with ICT, it's a nasty blot on his CV, and I think he will want to avoid that at all costs.

I have no complaints about the lack of information from the board either. Until Butcher signs on the dotted line, there is no point in saying anything. He still might fly back up and change his mind...

Just something to chew over.....apart from Sydney FC.....Butcher has lost a lot more games than he has won in EVERY job he had. In about half his appointments, he has lost nigh on twice as many games as he has won. Seems to draw more than win too!

looks like caley will go down this season

We are two points adrift. Look what the difference a couple of wins have made to Hamilton.

Absolutely no reason to think we will relegate at this point.

Under Brewster maybe...but that it is in the past and we will never know what might have happened.

Guest Caleylass

Clyde 1 sports news just reported that ICT hope to reveal Terry Buther as the new manager at a press conference later, talks are still on going........ aledgedly !!

Why oh why do we have so much negativity. Give the guy a chance I say. He done ok at Motherwell. A team, at the time that was in dire straits and shedding players right left and centre. Butcher is a motivator. We have a decent squad of players. The two together could work very well. Lets just draw a line and get behind them all.

As for keeping us in the dark. What a load of codswallop. Do we expect the club to phone everyone and tell them whats going on. There will be a press conference arranged, probably at 2 pm today, where everything will be revealed. There is still a lot of speculation in the news reports so I'm happy to wait for the official report.

Edited by Alex MacLeod
Further comments added

Hope he works out for yous .

Thanks, I hope so too.

I would have liked to see Robbo back at the helm, but I can't complain about the Butcher+Malpas duo. I've actually found this search for a new manager to be much less stressful than the last one (but then I was gutted that CC resigned, and I didn't want Brewster back).

I think B+M can keep us up, and if the 18 month deal is true, then Butcher is at least committed at the moment. If he fails with ICT, it's a nasty blot on his CV, and I think he will want to avoid that at all costs.

I have no complaints about the lack of information from the board either. Until Butcher signs on the dotted line, there is no point in saying anything. He still might fly back up and change his mind...

At last, some sense!

If we do get B and M we are jolly lucky. Butcher has more to lose than we do. He has his reputation on the line for the foreseeable future if things go wrong and he is sacked, whilst we could bounce back up again next season.

He is a BIG name with wide contacts in the game, which maybe we could be the beneficiary of. Good loan deals coming our way? Players coming here because of his standing in the game? Current players giving their all playing for a LEGEND -well maybe not ours but an English legend.

No room for sentiment - we need results!

TB will give it 100% - otherwise he wouldn't put himself in this position.

Our players are good enough to stay up they just lack proper coaching and motivation, the new team will give us that.

Thats all we can hope for. Its a very good appointment.

Here's to staying up.