FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher is Boss

Renegade

Photo on the official site looks like he's got a bad case of dandruff.

I'm pretty happy with this appointment, based on his time at Motherwell. His record at the other clubs is not so great, but that could probably have been said about any of the candidates.

What annoys me more than anything is that Butcher's media commitments could be a stumbling block... Robbo has also media commitments but you can be guarenteed that he would drop them in a second to fully commit himself to keeping ICT in the league

According to BBC Butcher has dropped the media commitments.

I for one don't think we could have got any better as i think Terry Butcher was the best manager to select out of all who applied and all this talk of commitment to keeping us up is sad. What manager wouldn't do all within his power to get his team of the bottom???

I think all we can really do now is back the new coaching staff, get right behind the team and turn up in numbers on Sunday to try and put one over on our old foes from Parkhead.

I'm quite happy with this appointment: I think Butcher will shake some life back into the team.

The people talking about relegation are getting a bit ahead of themselves. We have time to pull ourselves off the bottom (we're only two points behind Falkirk after all) and the players to do it as well. The Brewster era is finally over, we have a fresh start now. Let's just see what happens before making dire predictions about the future, eh?

Just heard part of an interview with TB on Radio Scotland ... When asked about his 18 month contract, he replied that if ICT are relegated he intends to stay around to ensure they come straight back up again....

The board have seriously threatened ICT's very existence by giving him such a lucrative contract.

I hope and pray it pays off - but it sure is a massive gamble...

Edited by Johnboy

Guest Muir-Jaggie

how does butcher take his games??? is he the kind of manager that defends all the time or does he like to play attacking football??

Just heard part of an interview with TB on Radio Scotland ... When asked about his 18 month contract, he replied that if ICT are relegated he intends to stay around to ensure they come straight back up again....

The board have seriously threatened ICT's very existence by giving him such a lucrative contract.

In your dreams, he has never!! been a success , and lets be honest under George Burley, with him as a gob and no 2, Scotland have not set the world on fire!!! so the board have appointed a parasite, relying on past plaudits, oh dear, where do we go from here???? DOWN!!!!

I must admit I would have preferred a lets see how you do until the end of season, keep us up and you will get an exstention to the contract

just seen his interview on north tonight and its refreshing to have a manager convey himself loud and clear for a change.also he has some transfer targets in mind with funds available he says .also knows which side his bread is buttered with reference to the "thistle players" :rotflmao:

just seen his interview on north tonight and its refreshing to have a manager convey himself loud and clear for a change.also he has some transfer targets in mind with funds available he says .also knows which side his bread is buttered with reference to the "thistle players" :rotflmao:

WHAT!!!!!! another idiot, are you Mr Bennett

Aye, we must get behind Terry and Maurice for what will almost certainly be the most difficult three months of our SPL history.

They have a good track record at Motherwell and know Scottish football well. Let's hope they can do it and keep us up.

Good luck to them both and to our team.

:rotflmao:

sorry, birthday and slightly overloaded on vodka, but not flying for 4 days , so hey.

I really think the board were between a rock and a hard place, and perhaps Mr Butcher was the best option, will still keep sending videos of foreign(sorry IHME) players, Pavels was/is not three bad!!!

I did have a wry smile at that........................till he referred to Caley in the next sentence

sacked at coventry with relegation looking increasingly likley, sacked at sunderland,struggling at wrong end of div 1, took motherwell to league cup final thrashed 5 - 1 by rangers, sacked at sydney fc, brentford ,butchers regin at griffin park was not a successful one won 5 games in 23 contract terminated, sounds like the board did there homework, :rotflmao:

I am personally quite happy with this appointment and think this has given us a bit of credibility within Scotland. Thought he spoke well on tv - nice to have an articulate manager for a change. Think the board have shown bottle in the contract offered and with the money on offer for players. I just hope this gamble works. Good luck to Terry and Maurice I hope everyone can stop moaning for a while (sometimes that has been justified) and get behind the team and management in the most important games of our club's history.

I hope everyone can stop moaning for a while (sometimes that has been justified) and get behind the team and management in the most important games of our club's history.

not much chance of that look at some posts above you,you would think some people would give him a few games in charge 1st

sacked at coventry with relegation looking increasingly likley, sacked at sunderland,struggling at wrong end of div 1, took motherwell to league cup final thrashed 5 - 1 by rangers, sacked at sydney fc, brentford ,butchers regin at griffin park was not a successful one won 5 games in 23 contract terminated, sounds like the board did there homework, :rotflmao:

Still think you need to read into statistics more.....

Without going over the top, I'm pleased with the appointment and think it was the best possible from the options available. For all its apparent recent failings, the board deserves credit on a couple of counts: it went for experience rather than the "young manager" profile that has served us well in the past but probably wouldn't be appropriate in our current situation; and it offered an 18 month contract which won't be too costly to break on either side should the new team fail.

I appreciate that the Brentford supporters came on here in peace, but we don't really need to pay too much attention to their negativity: as one rightly pointed out, Butcher these days knows Scottish football far more than he knows English football and certainly talks a better game than Craig Brewster did. As for those who criticise Maurice Malpas, his record as an assistant manger is good: it's not fair to condemn him for his record as a manager in his own right.

Terry Butcher was interviewed on Sportsound about 20 minutes ago and it was refreshing to hear his enthusiasm and desire to motivate the players. He praised Saturday's peformance and while he acknowledged that there is money available, he spoke about working with the players we already have. I think he will gain their respect: both he and Malpas achieved far more as players than Craig Brewster did, without denigrating Brewster's talent. Hopefully the likes of Cowie, Black and Imrie will want to impress someone who has played with the best.

just seen his interview on north tonight and its refreshing to have a manager convey himself loud and clear for a change.also he has some transfer targets in mind with funds available he says .also knows which side his bread is buttered with reference to the "thistle players" :thumb04:

sorry, birthday and slightly overloaded on vodka, but not flying for 4 days , so hey.

I really think the board were between a rock and a hard place, and perhaps Mr Butcher was the best option, will still keep sending videos of foreign(sorry IHME) players, Pavels was/is not three bad!!!

i'll forgive you if you send over a striker as good up front as pavels looks at the back :rotflmao: