FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher is Boss

Renegade

Guest Brentfordfan

We had a Falkirk one for a while after Richard Cadette and Tony Parks left us for them. Some of us came up on a coach for a game and some of them visited our place. If I remember we both won our respective leagues that season.

Thank you Brentford fans for your input.

Lets hope we get the Motherwell Butcher and not the Brentford one.

Is the Red Lion still the great music venue it was in the 90's and does anyone remember "Casual Affair" the band fronted by my good mate and Brentford fan Mark Colton.

We had a Falkirk one for a while after Richard Cadette and Tony Parks left us for them. Some of us came up on a coach for a game and some of them visited our place. If I remember we both won our respective leagues that season.

Richard Cadette, a blast from the past! Well, now we have Butcher, so get booking that coach!!!!

Reasons why im positive:

Scotland Assistant

Did very well with Well

Knows the Scottish game (and is maybe suited to it management wise)

Seems to have a bit of charisma/fight

Ok, there are some concerns. But any experienced manager with an unblemished record is gonna be in the EPL, not at ICT. (I feel for Roobo but we all know why its not him)

I think that Falkirk will now be a lot more worried.

Guest Brentfordfan

Thank you Brentford fans for your input.

Lets hope we get the Motherwell Butcher and not the Brentford one.

Is the Red Lion still the great music venue it was in the 90's and does anyone remember "Casual Affair" the band fronted by my good mate and Brentford fan Mark Colton.

It closed down many years ago. :rotflmao:

I do remember the band though, a good place to get slaugtered.

It's all the Boards fault - sack him now! Oh wait, they can't, he has not been appointed yet.

I said on here after Brew was sacked, that this wee club will never be the same again now that it has the perceived strength of this medium. No one will be the choice of all the posters but the Robbo backers will endeavour to undermine the new manager so that they can say"See, I told you so!"

It is evident already with all the negativity being posted.

Get behind your team? There was a day!

Irony of ironies! Who are you to lecture us about negativity when this itself is a negative post? I backed Robbo but have already said I'll support Butcher... I await your negative response with baited breath... :rotflmao:

My take on the current managerial situation? I would have preferred Robbo a few weeks ago, when he was posting on here. He appeared to appreciate our situation and seemed enthusiastic to address it. Can't always get what we want and now the picture has changed, new face, new scenario, make the most of it! ( I do realise there are others who have, like me, accepted the new face despite....)

Perhaps, however, I am the only person reading the offerings by the discontented on here who, like me, cannot change what has happened and yet still reflect the fragmentation of the ICT supporters on the Brew threads.

We had a chance of welding the support back behind the new guy but tell me if you think that is likely, reading the postings.

If you want positivity from the support, Butcher will have to give them an instant 6 points and all will be forgiven but maybe not forgotten, until his next defeat! Is that negative or just a fact?

If you loook at things objectively, Mr Butcher has applied for the job had an interview and been offered the post, so In theory he must have convinced someone he is the man to sort us out?

Unless there was some evil plan to get his mate a job, you know the one, Maurice you wont get that job, but they would give it to me so I'll go for it and I'll hire you as my assistant. (Many a true word said in jest?)

I personally think he is missing day to day club management, that simple. And I have always liked him as a Manager, struck me as being very honest.

If it concerns you so much for ICTFC's welfare then coming on here and slagging off the man will make no difference, I would advise you to take your nearset form of transport and speak to the board directly, I am sure they would LOVE to hear what you have to say. You sound more like a jealous friend over a concerned fan.

I'm very worried about the 18 month contract he is rumoured to have been offered.

Wouldn't it have made sense to have offered him a contract until the end of the season, and then review the whole situation?

We could finish up in a situation here, where if we did get relegated we wouldn't be able to afford to pay him off, and would probably not be able to afford to pay him to stay on. Will he expect a premier league salary if we finish up in Div1?

This appointment could bankrupt the club, if the unthinkable happened at the end of the season.

Although perhaps not on the same scale, I think what we (the fans) are going through just now is much the same as what we went through when CC stepped down and Brewster was appointed for his second spell.

Back then a good many people felt he (Brewster) wasn't the man...I was one of them, but most put that to the side and got behind him....and despite a few people having reservations this time round I believe once the appointment/s become "official" then everyone will get behind the new guys.

Nobody wants to see Butcher fail....nobody who supports ICT at least, I don't even think there's all that many who think he's a "bad" appointment. Yes, there's plenty who would like to have seen Robbo back (me among them) and we're seeing a bit of the "not my first choice" among some posts.

I think we've missed the boat on Robbo (again)....but as much as I believe that, there's nothing which we can say or do now which will change anything.....much the same as their was nothing we could say or do when Brewster was re-appointed to change things at that time.

The ONLY thing that matters now is that Butcher comes in and gets us off the bottom of the table. Whether he was your first choice, second choice or you're of a mind that he should never have been considered makes no difference. He's the man being charged with rescuing this club and his job's going to be tough enough without being distracted by any need we might think he has to win over the fans.

What he's done up to now counts for nothing, it's what he does from this point forward that matters.

I've spent the day working through my frustrations and it's now time to roll up the sleeves and get ready to do my part as a fan to fight for OUR clubs SPL survival.

why oh why are people on here so damn negative. the guy hasn't even been officially announced as manager and some people already have him down as a failure!

So it seems that certan forces within the ICT support have already moved on from Brewster and are regruping to protest against the next manager now does it?

Edited by mainstander

I'm very worried about the 18 month contract he is rumoured to have been offered. Wouldn't it have made sense to have offered him a contract until the end of the season, and then review the whole situation? We could finish up in a situation here, where if we did get relegated we wouldn't be able to afford to pay him off, and would probably not be able to afford to pay him to stay on. Will he expect a premier league salary if we finish up in Div1? This appointment could bankrupt the club, if the unthinkable happened at the end of the season.

given the fact that we know ZERO about the contract he has been offered, then this is a fairly big leap. He may have said no to the "end of season" option, that may have been one of the things being ironed out as reported by press this morning. Would YOU take a job where you may be asked to give up a lucrative sideline if the job term was 4 months? Equally, we dont know if there is some relegation clause in there from club or from Butcher himself. Lets see where the chips fall and get all p***** Off when we have reason to do so rather than before it. One thing is for sure - his appointment is a step up from Brewster.

I'm always prepared to give a new manager a fair crack of the whip and I hope he does the business but, my gut reacation to this appointment is, we are doomed. :rotflmao:

Mine is - I would have preferred Robbo, but Butcher was also high on that list. He did a good job at Well, he seems to speak to the press honestly, no more of this "world class goal" bull**** we have heard for the last few months as an excuse for defeat, and I have a feeling that he will also be honest with the players. He may be a disciplinarian, in the same way as Brewster was, but I have a feeling that he will not be handing out fines for no good reason. Once again ..... One thing is for sure - his appointment is a step up from Brewster.

I can only second what Caley D said, he is our new manager and come the end of the season hopefully our saviour. Whether we would have chose him is neither here or there, the board have decided he is the man to get us off the foot of the table so we should all get behind him.

One thing that is for sure is its not going to be an easy task but Butcher knew that when he took on the task so he must believe he can lead us to safety.

Well, barring last second hiccoughs, Terry's our man. Although not my own choice, of those supposedly on the short list, I think a good choice has been made, and I wish him all the best. What a first match he has got. I'm sure he will be well up for it, and I'm sure the team will be as well.

My take on the current managerial situation? I would have preferred Robbo a few weeks ago, when he was posting on here. He appeared to appreciate our situation and seemed enthusiastic to address it. Can't always get what we want and now the picture has changed, new face, new scenario, make the most of it! ( I do realise there are others who have, like me, accepted the new face despite....)

Perhaps, however, I am the only person reading the offerings by the discontented on here who, like me, cannot change what has happened and yet still reflect the fragmentation of the ICT supporters on the Brew threads.

We had a chance of welding the support back behind the new guy but tell me if you think that is likely, reading the postings.

If you want positivity from the support, Butcher will have to give them an instant 6 points and all will be forgiven but maybe not forgotten, until his next defeat! Is that negative or just a fact?

I'd suggest you have a look at the results of the poll from here and then make a decision on how positive or negative the fans on here are. At the moment, you are being decidedly negative.

Look only time will tell whether Butcher is the right man.

He's got a tough job ahead of him considering the mess Brewster got us into.

I'm certainly not as disheartened as when he (Brewster) was reappointed. We definitely have more of a chance staying up than we did under the old regime.

Most of the negativity seems to be coming from the pro-Robbo camp but I think they are just letting their hearts rule their heads.

Most of the negativity seems to be coming from the pro-Robbo camp but I think they are just letting their hearts rule their heads.

I wanted Robbo, and said so repeatedly, but I am perfectly happy with the team of Butcher+Malpas and am totally optimistic things will look up under them.

Look only time will tell whether Butcher is the right man.

He's got a tough job ahead of him considering the mess Brewster got us into.

I'm certainly not as disheartened as when he (Brewster) was reappointed. We definitely have more of a chance staying up than we did under the old regime.

While I am from the pro-Robbo camp and I am dissapointed I also think it is unfair to show any negativity towards Butcher, he is coming into ICT with a clean slate and he should be judged from what he does now.

I could have probably phrased my earlier posting better. I meant more that a lot of people will be disappointed that Roberston didn't get the job but when that passes they will hopefully realise the Butcher/Malpas combo is potentially a good one for ICT

i think most people wanted robbo yet would have bit your hand off for butcher last week instead of brewster so everyone will be behind him when it matters from here on in.lets just hope he's got something up his sleeve in the way of transfers before the window shuts and then we can stay up, no doubt.

ict- never relegated, not starting now.