FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Updated: Scottish Cup Quarter Final Draw

Kingsmills

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but unless it changed, the gate money from the Cup semis used to be pooled and split 4 ways. Keeping the OF apart would be more beneficial then.

Still have to dispose of Falkirk first.

I believe this is the case - remember this discussion coming up when we had our first Hampden semi. But the split is 5 ways I believe as Queens Park also get a cut. not sure if its a full share but they certainly get something

Possibly the best draw, certainly it will be interested with us being 'relegation rivals', but also one of the hardest. I'd have rathered aberdeen, airdrie utd/dunfermline or hamilton.

I wish the two clubs could get together and organise some decent ticket prices. ?15 isn't bad, but if ICT and falkirk agreed to lower that then we would easily get 5000-6500 instead of the wierdly low previous attendances. ?15 was alright in the previous rounds but i really want a good attendance playing hosts to falkirk.

Possibly the best draw, certainly it will be interested with us being 'relegation rivals', but also one of the hardest. I'd have rathered aberdeen, airdrie utd/dunfermline or hamilton.

I wish the two clubs could get together and organise some decent ticket prices. ?15 isn't bad, but if ICT and falkirk agreed to lower that then we would easily get 5000-6500 instead of the wierdly low previous attendances. ?15 was alright in the previous rounds but i really want a good attendance playing hosts to falkirk.

Falkirk will fancy their chances too and will be likely to bring up to 1000 or so fans (from what suggestions i've read on Pie&Bovril)

1000 up from falkirk is decent, but i'd love to see a game other than the ones against the OF nearly sold out for a change. You'd think this could happen with a lower ticket price thanks to the Butcher bounce, especially for a massive cup game (1 away from another day in the sun).

no matter the crowd, it will be a day i'm looking forward to already.

As far as the financial benefits of reaching the semis are concerned my understanding is that the club received in excess of ?250,000 for each of our two previous appearances at that stage and can expect a similar, if not slightly greater, sum should we manage to dispose of Falkirk in the quarter finals.

is it just me or is there a distinc lack of online highlights for the round just played. would love another look at the fernandez incident for myself but cant seem to find them anywhere.

There are no obvious highlights for the cup games, due to screening rights etc, unlike the SPL league games which are readily available to viewers in this country.

I managed to view Cup Sportscene live by tuning into BBC Scotland using the Zattoo player ... but it only works if you can grab yourself a UK IP address. Online highlights are non-existent due to media rights issues for both UK and global users.

Incidentally, ticketing details for the QF game are now posted here: http://community.caleythistleonline.com/in...showtopic=10963

The quarter-final draw has boiled down to:

ICT v Falkirk

Dunfermline v Aberdeen

St Mirren v Celtic

Rangers v Hamilton

You would have to think Rangers will make the semis, not sure about Celtic as in their last 6 games against SPL teams their record is: W1 D4 L1. I can definitely see Aberdeen screwing up at the Pars, and of course we will beat Falkirk.

So the semi-finalists will be ICT, Dunfermline, St Mirren & Rangers.

I'd be happy with Dunfermline in the semi and leave Rangers 'till the final.