FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pavels

latviaman

Also I passed on another name to CB and heard nothing more, a player who scored 17 times in 17 games and he speaks the same language as Eric, no IHE French, a good midfield striker. Wee but Fast

I must stress to everyone I am NOT an agent, just an expat who wants to see ICT stay in the SPL

Surely after Pavels they'll at least take a look at the player you have recommended.

Has the club had your details on this player for long?

It would be common courtesy for them to at least reply to you.

Hopefully he'll have the same impact as Pavels if he's signed up, and we still need a goal scorer.

Edited by martinskye

what's wrong with offering a contract that has a relegation release clause? at least that way we would be guarenteed some money if he leaves

Players like Pavels are hard to come across, look at McPake for Livi, he is decent but nothing special and ended up being signed by Coventry (I think).... there are next to no decent centre halves in Scotland outside the top six and if we secure a contract for him we could make a pretty penny.. or we could let him go for free and let some other team have the business

Morais, Ghatuessi are players that might not be needed Pavels is a necessity if we ever expect to come back into the SPL.. that is IF we are relegated

I have disagreed with Harry a lot in recent months but have to say that this time I think he is 100% spot on. Pavels has been great since coming in and we need to keep him if we can. Offer him a deal that is worth signing and build in some get-out clauses for player and club alike in the event that we go down (which we wont).

I have said all along for long enough that the defence needed to be strengthened as a priority.

Hopefully a contract with some kind of get-out clause could be arranged and should be arranged without further delay. Believe it, if this does not occur there are plenty of other clubs that will have noticed his progress and apparent steadiness.

Vision please Board!

I take it this means that ICT are now taking suggestions from fans about who their next signings should be. Maybe it's time everyone on here who doesn't live in Scotland sends in their suggestions from their local league. Send them in!

I take it this means that ICT are now taking suggestions from fans about who their next signings should be. Maybe it's time everyone on here who doesn't live in Scotland sends in their suggestions from their local league. Send them in!

no problem with fans making suggestions .... especially those in far flung places where we have no hope of ever scouting. so long as the club make the decision through further scouting or investigation and not rely on the word of that fan.

In the case of Pavels, the club did this the right way ... they gave the guy a trial and he came through that with flying colours ... signing after only a day or two IIRC. I am sure latviaman sees plenty of decent players, as do other fans. From my own point of view, I have never mentioned a player to the club directly, but if I were to see a decent one when watching Toronto FC who I knew was looking to move to Europe or whose MLS contract was ending, then it might be a different story.

There's a keeper I see every other week, who's been linked with Everton and is desperate to get a move to England. To him a team like ICT might be a stepping to something bigger as others have done but every week it's Schmeichel-esques save after Schmeichel-esque. I'd actually save right now that he is better than the like of Boruc of someone like that. ICT need a keeper, so I'm thinking about making this suggestion.

Scotty, I see you had a good young keeper at Toronto that has just been signed in the SPL. (I can't remember the team that signed him) It would be difficult for our club to know of him being so far away unless they were alerted to this or he was being 'introduced' by his agent, with the inherent fees.

I would also imagine that our wages, to a Latvian, would be acceptable and we can also showcase him in the SPL, offering a step up into the EPL, if he is good enough. All good selling points for coming to us, with little fees involved.

Alerting that club can do no harm, if they ignore it, so be it but you have tried your best for them.

Scotty, I see you had a good young keeper at Toronto that has just been signed in the SPL. (I can't remember the team that signed him) It would be difficult for our club to know of him being so far away unless they were alerted to this or he was being 'introduced' by his agent, with the inherent fees.

I would also imagine that our wages, to a Latvian, would be acceptable and we can also showcase him in the SPL, offering a step up into the EPL, if he is good enough. All good selling points for coming to us, with little fees involved.

Alerting that club can do no harm, if they ignore it, so be it but you have tried your best for them.

To all those who take the proverbial re' my talking players up , I love my football and reckon I have a good eye for a player. My first contact to ICTFC was via email and things went on from there. there are others over here, who are interested and yes things are tight moneywise here so Scotland , looks promising to them.

Pavels is now being looked at by the LFF as potential for the national team, see what press exposure does, so as an investment? great potential

didnt realise we had lost one ? TFC has Sutton (#1 choice), Frei (picked up in this year's draft) and Edwards (picked up in last year's draft) in the squad and of the other keepers we had last year, Djekanovic (pool* keeper) went to Vancouver and is now in Montreal, Monsalve (pool keeper) went to a local 'junior' side then was last heard of on trial at Lillestrom and Stamatopolous went back to Tromso at the end of his loan period.

* note: Because MLS "owns" the players, pool keepers are "emergency" keepers who are assigned by MLS to train with certain teams and can be called up by any side in MLS if they have a goalkeeping emergency ... Toronto had problems last year when Sutton was injured and used both Djekanovic and Monsalve before getting Stamatopolous in on loan.

Of the current TFC side, I could see Marvell Wynne and Abdus Ibrahim moving to Europe next .... Wynne (my favourite TFC player) is about ready and is a RB with blinding speed. Ibrahim is a raw 17 year old who made his debut for the USA U-17s two years ago and who is now getting regularly picked for the USA U-20 team.

• 3 weeks later...

Latviaman - Pavels is as good a signing as we can get - but HE IS INEXPERIENCED and he is STILL LEARNING HIS TRADE - He has (unfortunately) provided great hope - but over expectation as well - in his first few games - I think that he could eventually REALLY bond with Munro - tactically they are made fer each other - BUT the pressure is to bond today and NOT tomorrow.

He has to stay at the end of the season - I would break the feckin bank fer him - I still think he could be a major factor in regard to keeping us up.

Come clean fer fecks sake - The Muppets ignored yer tips fer ages - Brewster is getting the plaudits fer signing a **** he had no feckin clue about !!

Get yer Latvian spondoolachs out and get me in to the feckin frame. :rotflmao:

The wee cameroon player is going to Ross County on trial, maybe you can buy him next season