FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Doubters?

caley100

I just had a wee thought, i wonder if the people who condemned us for wanting Brewster sacked still have the same stance?

The ones at the trust meeting who slated us for the stance we took, who said it was a bad move and that Brew needs more time, will they admit they were wrong?

There is still a way to go before we can say ICT will stay up, however the team has a confidence and a belief that we would never have under brew.

I'm a happy guy today.... :rotflmao:

I just had a wee thought, i wonder if the people who condemned us for wanting Brewster sacked still have the same stance?

The ones at the trust meeting who slated us for the stance we took, who said it was a bad move and that Brew needs more time, will they admit they were wrong?

There is still a way to go before we can say ICT will stay up, however the team has a confidence and a belief that we would never have under brew.

It would be interesting to see whether any of those who thought it was a good idea to give Craig Brewster even more time are still of that opinion.

It would be interesting to see whether any of those who thought it was a good idea to give Craig Brewster even more time are still of that opinion.

I am on the board somewhere, after Butch's first two weeks in place, congratulating the forces that managed to urge the move.

However I don't see the sense, at a time like this, to fragment the support by opening past differences.

We already have one poster who wants the Board to come on here and admit they were wrong - now this thread wants fans on here to admit they were wrong.

Accept that the pressure from the fans, if it was that, created a NEW way forward for ICT and lets enjoy it, collectively, as fans.

The board deserve credit for sacking Brewster, but they also deserve ridicule (if that makes sense) for not doing it sooner.

I think no one could argue now that Brewster should have stayed. We are a MUCH better team under Butcher and I firmly believe if Brewster stayed until the end of the season then we would have been relegated. No one here was ever anti ICT (as was suggested) but I think we could all see that Mr Brewster will NEVER be a good manager.

Butcher and Malpas deserve great credit!

I don't think the board deserve any credit for sacking Brewster.....credit/praise should be reserved for people who go above and beyond, those who do a good job or perfrom exceptionally at a task.

When was the last time a customer/client gave you credit for finishing a job late and leaving the place in a mess? :rotflmao:

lets just be glad Brewster has gone andmove on.

I floated back from Glasgow last night/ this morning. maybe we all had to go through the Brewster phase to realise what a fantastic team we have. You could probably pay all our guys wages and get change from just ONE Rangers players wage. The commitment last night was fantastic.

WE ARE STAYING UP!

If we all stayed quiet and let the board continue in the manner it was conducting the clubs business, then I believe we would be cast adrift by now with little chance of survival. Thanks to a few who were willing to nail their colours to the mast, from the bannermen, individual protesters and the trust, suddenly the media took notice and the clubs hand was forced into action.

As said above, we still may not be safe, but things are definitely looking up, and we are now looking down at Falkirk. Battle on, and we need more of the same.

I am not sure that asking for apologies or stating 'I told you so' will gain anything, lets just be content that what we did was in the best interests of the club and we should be happy that our actions have so far been justified. You all know who you are, so well done guys and girls :rotflmao:

:rotflmao:

Obviously delighted with the result and the way things have been turned around by Butcher, also it's refreshing to have a manager who carries himself so well infront of the media. He is a legend in the game so should be able to attract decent players if given the finances.

Don't get ahead of yourself though Brew did the same thing at Ibrox after Christie stepped down (Christie who also received my full backing at the time)... I think the board deserve full credit for making an excellent appointment because I couldn't think of anyone who would make such a drastic improvement but I guarentee (quote me if you like) that either January or May 2010 Butcher will have either been headhunted by another club or given the sack because our fans have turned on him

Also, as useful as Kerr, Foran and Eric have been I think most people would agree it's Pavel who has steadied the ship and given us a fighting chance, if Brew was given the backing of the fans instead of us turning on him.... who's to know if he could have made things work?? but he wasn't and there was no way back for him after Hamilton and the rest is history

If we all stayed quiet and let the board continue in the manner it was conducting the clubs business, then I believe we would be cast adrift by now with little chance of survival. Thanks to a few who were willing to nail their colours to the mast, from the bannermen, individual protesters and the trust, suddenly the media took notice and the clubs hand was forced into action.

As said above, we still may not be safe, but things are definitely looking up, and we are now looking down at Falkirk. Battle on, and we need more of the same.

I am not sure that asking for apologies or stating 'I told you so' will gain anything, lets just be content that what we did was in the best interests of the club and we should be happy that our actions have so far been justified. You all know who you are, so well done guys and girls :rotflmao:

I would agree with that but I can guarantee the board would claim they were becoming concerned with the performances of the team under CB - even if that was denied at the time.

There is no way the board would admit they were influenced by the actions of the various protestors - nor will they ever do so.

Also, as useful as Kerr, Foran and Eric have been I think most people would agree it's Pavel who has steadied the ship and given us a fighting chance, if Brew was given the backing of the fans instead of us turning on him.... who's to know if he could have made things work?? but he wasn't and there was no way back for him after Hamilton and the rest is history

Agreed Pavels is a fantastic player - and he was a great signing.

But just look what Butcher has achieved.... guys like Proctor, McBain, Duncan - even Blackie - they all appeared to have completely lost interest.... and then there's Zebadee... What a transformation!!

The whole squad now has a new lease of life - Even if Brewster had been given more backing by the support it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference... His problem was the support he received from the players...

Guest Brentfordfan

I can't believe what he is doing for you. We went unbeaten when he first took over and then it went so wrong, I'm actually pleased for him and you guys as his experience with us was so bad that I thought he'd never get another chance.

And as for Eirc......... :rotflmao: Keep it going and good luck.

I can't believe what he is doing for you. We went unbeaten when he first took over and then it went so wrong, I'm actually pleased for him and you guys as his experience with us was so bad that I thought he'd never get another chance.

And as for Eirc......... :rotflmao: Keep it going and good luck.

The difference may well be that he didn't have Maurice Malpas with him at Brentford. Neither have a particularly good record of managing on their own but as a combination they seem to have something.

I hold me hands up, I wiz mistaken. I'm so sorry, is it too late to bring back Brewster?

To quote a dog on tv... Ooo yes...

Anyway Mr Brew is eyeing up the managers job at County.

Guest birdog

I hold me hands up, I wiz mistaken. I'm so sorry, is it too late to bring back Brewster?

To quote a dog on tv... Ooo yes...

Anyway Mr Brew is eyeing up the managers job at County.

Sweeeet, I'd love to see them fecker down again.

We're not safe from relegation yet!

Hamilton are doing quite well too.

Quite well...??????

A top six finish would be a realistic target for them right now...

Falkirk, St Mirren and Kilmarnock are our main concerns....