FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Killie Smileymometer

ESSON :D :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: I thought that he looked very safe again - I love his sense of urgency and he actually made a great feckin block early doors.

ROSSCOE ;) :lol: :015: :D :P I will give him the MOM especially fer his tackles in the first half and he set up the opener. He is a different player under Butcher - He has become a considerably more astute defender - he is nowhere near as gung ho as he was and although that looked good it often left us struggling at the back and he often found it very difficult to recover his position - Well done Terry Butcher.

PAVELS :021: :D :D :D Just seems to stroll through a game - A bit Alan Hansen - esque IMHO.

GRANTY :D :D :D Appeared nervy at times but did have a handful in Kyle (but how did he ever play fer Scotland ??!!). I think Granty appears to be given more of the marking jobs by Butcher, allowing Pavels more freedom. Unfortunately that makes Granty look less effective than he actually is. I think it is a fine pairing.

JIMMY ZADI :D :D :D Reckon he got a total bollicking last week. He has evidently been told to keep it simple and get rid ASAP. Unfortunately most of the time it went to a Killie player !! But he is strong and defensively improving but you can cut the tension in the crowd when he is on the ball. Unfortunately he did well enuff to keep his place but he still takes the unpredicatable liability tag. Sorry.

PROCTOR :D :D :D He is solid enuff but he feckin ambles back at times. He comes into the middle too much and we really suffer from having no width. Reckon he will keep his place but I would love to see what Morais could do in the same system.

KERR :D :D :D :D I really like what I saw - a Russel Duncan with a cool head and a pass. He strolled through the game - Kerr and Black could be our saviour partnership.

BLACK :D :D :D Well he has probably scored two of the most important goals of the season but even he suffered in the dire second half.

FORAN :D :D :D Totally wasted on the wide left - often moves to more attacking position anyway. His spring in the air is a bit Tim Cahill - esque. Needs to start up front ASAP.

ROONEY :D :D :D Worked his feckin socks off with little effect. He must have been sick of the constant hoofing and lack of support. I would love to see him paired with the old head of Foran.

IMRIE :D :D :D Bad day at the office but has more than made up fer it in 2009. He is beginning to look uncomfortable up front and I feel that it is time to put him back to left midfield and give us back some width. I can see his pace and crossing being lapped up by the aerial strength of Foran and the eagerness of Rooney. I actually think that he is "bored" of being a striker.

Hate to say this - but did the Wind not play its part ? - and no feckin graphs. :D :003:

Esson :D :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;) Pulled off some important saves early doors, commanded his box well against a barrage of high balls in the second half, looked comfortable when the ball was passed back to him under pressure.

Tokely :lol: :015: :D :P :021: No nonsense display, won almost every challenge he went into and had Skelton in his pocket.

Pavels :D :D :D :D A couple of mix ups with Munro but solid for the most part.

Munro :D :D Not sure what's happened to him this season, looked uncertain and shakey whenever the ball came near him. Lost his man repeatedly, let Killy players dribble past him too easily without putting in a challenge, and terrible distribution of the ball.

Djebi Zadi :D :D :D :D :D Another excellent performance, like Tokely he won almost every tackle he went in for, also one of the only ICT players who showed any composure and skill on the ball yesterday. "He has evidently been told to keep it simple and get rid ASAP. Unfortunately most of the time it went to a Killie player". Sorry that's absolute tosh, out of our back 4 he was the LEAST guilty of panicking and conceding possession.

Proctor :D :D :D Didn't do anything spectacular but put in a shift.

Kerr :D :D :D Not his best game for us but he nullified the threat from Bryson well and showed a bit of much needed composure on the ball. More to come from him I think.

Black :D :D :D Again, not his best game but worked hard for the team.

Foran :D :D :D Put himself about well but didn't get much support in the final third.

Imrie :D :D :D :D The front 2 didn't receive much in the way of quality service or support. Imrie was double marked most of the time but looked menacing when running at defenders and ran his socks off chasing lost causes. He was still sprinting at defenders and throwing himself into challenges in injury time.

Rooney :D :D Contributed very little. Too cumbersome and immobile to play in our current system IMHO.

I think captaincy is Grants problem. He just isn't able to play his own game and control the team. Being a Nessian he wants to be nice to everyone. He doesn't have the little bit of badness needed to captain a team. Take it away from him and he'll improve his game.

tm4tj votes are now in.

ESSON :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;) Did well under a lot of pressure from the robust and impressive Kyle, safe hands and punched when required, early block set him up for a good days work

ROSSCO :lol: :015: :D :P :021: Fabulous first half going forward, defended well in a stuffy second half display, close thing for MoM

GRANTIE :D :D :D Forming a good partnership with McMagics, although his Latvian lessons need more work, doing the untidy hoofing act just now, but clearing his lines will be the order of the day from the Butcher.

McMagics :D :D :D :D :D One of the main reasons we have improved recently and works well with Cap'n Munro. Good in the air and reasonable pace, also no nonsense but able to play out of defence when required.

Sir LIONEL :D :D :D :D Not everyones cup of tea, but brings something different to the table and never a dull moment when the big boy is on the ball. Keeping Hastings on the bench which is a big plus for me and gives Johndo someone to idolise in his own inimitable way.

PROCTOR :D :D :D Just back from injury and maybe not up to speed yet, but has played well recently and worth his slot in the side.

KERR :D :D :D :D Getting better as his fitness improves, adds a bit of finesse to our squad and could be a pemanent fixture if he digs in.

BLACK :D :D :D By his high standards not one of his better games, but still good enough for me. Scored a goal, surprisingly maybe but was guilty of misplaced clearances as the game wore on. Still endearing himself to the home fans with his tenacious approach to all games. A giant of a player.

FORAN :003: :003: :003: :D Our best striker but being played in a withdrawn role, I'd rather see him up front. He hangs well and outjumped keeper for his goal, great asset in the air and tough in the tackle.

ROONEY :D :D Better coming off the bench, no joy from the Killie defenders and lack of pace is showing.

IMRIE :D :D Shocker from Dougie the incredible enigma man. Stamina and effort are not in doubt, but crossing, shooting and general technique needs to improve before he will be regarded as a striker. Lacks the ability to take opponents on, why, I don't know, because I am sure he could give some of them a run for their money if he put his mind to it.

Referee............inconsistent :D :D :D

Well done to the young fans in front of Johndo, you can take your hands off your ears now. :003:

Either Rosscoe or Esson was MOM for me. Tokers was solid at the back all day and those tackles were vital, while Esson's handling was top notch throughout the game.

I think captaincy is Grants problem. He just isn't able to play his own game and control the team. Being a Nessian he wants to be nice to everyone. He doesn't have the little bit of badness needed to captain a team. Take it away from him and he'll improve his game.

Agree with this but who will take the helm?

Edited by boris

Therein lies one problem. The majority of our squad have no contracts at the end of this season. The other being that Butcher came a week or two too late. Captaincy could have been a great bargaining tool to persuade our most creative, defence and attack minded player to stay at the club.

Of the rest I think Rossco has the right attitude. McBain and Duncan maybe but not sure. I think the captain needs to be a central defender of central midfielder. Pavels would maybe have communication problems. Maybe Brian Kerr could do it.

Too many maybe's so I'll need to hope Grant can get it all together.