FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Can Ict Bounce Back Next Year ?

beachcomber

Can ICT Bounce Back Next Year ???  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Can ICT Bounce Back Next Year ???

• Yes
    • No

Realistically I doubt we can bounce straight back up. Hibs are the only side? to have done it and I think they retained a large % of the team that they had in the SPL. They did this by being prepared to run at a loss and continue on a spl budget that year, a risk I cannot see our financially prudent board taking.

I think ICT will be lucky to hold on to half the current squad, we are looking at starting again and that takes time.

Also Dundee have solved their financial problems and as far as I understand have the backing of an ambitious millionaire who is already spending huge to build a team with the aim of getting them promoted next season. Gretna have already proved this can be done.

As we cannot compete financially with Dundee I cannot see us coming straight back up.

Edited by kiltarlity

I said yes but....seen every team thats has gone down to the 1st division hasnt really put up a fight to go right back up. The same thing could happen to us but one thing the club has to take on board is dont splash all the cash in one season

But there is a difference all the other clubs that went down have long and prestigious reputations so are perceived to be "bigger" clubs so teams raise their games against them but we will not be perceived as a "big" club and no one will expect us to win the league but if we play hungry, detremined players wanting to prove a point they could more than a match for Dundee's money grabbing players.

neither do i but by clubs down in the central belt they are perceived to be so as they have a long history that we don't and we are viewed by the mindless morons from down there as a "wee" club as we have not been around for long and we are quite far from what they would loosely refer to as "civilization" that is the difference.

Guest lewis17928

as a pars fan i would like to say it's going to be very hard next season for you. When we went down, a couple of seasons ago now, we all thought we will have a great chance of returning. We kept most of our squad and had budgets way above the rest of the league. We were shocked though at the small differnece between first division and spl quality. It is a very competitive league and this is shown in how close it is every year. I don't see Caley coming straight back as it takes time to establish again in such a competitive league.

Guest birdog

I don't mind whether we do go straight back up, we were there, I would have gladly sold my soul in return for the last 5 seasons 15 years ago.

Maybe. It depends on the comings and goings in the summer. If we can hold onto Morais and Foran I'd be confident but I'm doubtful as to whether or not we can hold on to them.

We will be the kind of team that will go up and down between spl and first, just as Dundee, Dunfermline, Morton, Falkirk, St Mirren, St Johnstone et all have done for years.

We are not a big enough club and do not have the fan base/ money to be anything else.

Edited by kiltarlity

"Hibs are the only side? to have done it "

Erm nope they weren't. Hibs were not relegated from the SPL as it didn't exist at that point. They did go up to the new SPL as champions of the first division, however the Pars were the only team (so far) to be relegated from the SPL and back up the next (as runners up in the first division).

Lewis is obviously a wee pars fan --- a helluva lot of us pars fans remember the yo-yo-ing between the SPL, 1st and 2nd divisions.

On a personal note, and having been a member of this site for nearly 4 years jeesh!, I was in tears at the result today. I was watching it all on Setanta in Legends at EEP and texting Mrs PB and ICTMee, updating them with the St Midden score also. Hand on heart gutted that you've been relegated...and hopefully you will be back up next season. The Pars have a lot of work to do next season but I reckon we'll be there for a wee while yet.

On the bright side, sorry, more chances for me to meet up with you lot....... and more wild weekends in the Sneck. :finger01:

Keep yer heads up folks, and keep smiling.

Mon the Caley, and ra Pars.

Buffy x

I would like to think so

But wages will play a large part and who can we sell.

On the good side we were relegated on 37 points, we aren't a hopeless team and thats the difference between us and the rest of the previously relegated sides.

we aren't a hopeless team and thats the difference between us and the rest of the previously relegated sides.

You don't have to be hopeless to get relegated from the SPL. (In the time we were in the SPL) Dundee were not hopeless when they went down!! nor were Dunfermline.

Edited by kiltarlity