FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Contracts (merged)

CaleyP

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would ICT maybe make Foran the highest paid to keep him? Butcher does seem to love him as he has played every game since he came. I dont think he's even been subbed off, has he? Ritchie, if you read this, i'll get your name on my shirt next season if you stay. Now that is a promise.

Edited by themann4thejob
don't make crude allegations on here please

Studying the table it seems clear to me that the real problem lies in defence.

Sacrificing two lesser players to bring in a proven top class player (e.g. in the mould of Dodds of Dundee United) is an absolute must. That is why losing Mihadjuks was probably a money/contract issue--Terry is not stupid and he was a defender remember in his heyday so he should know the score.

We lost on goal difference to St Mirren with exactly the same away goal difference but at home they let in less goals than us as I recall. If our defence is solid in the Ist Division , like it once was in Fortress Longman days ,the flair players up front can relax and hopefully have a field day. And Andy barrowman might JUST find his feet and his scoring touch which will increase HIS flair and confidence no end we all hope. But Barrowman is still under contract so this season may be his last chance to make it and get back into the senior ranks of the SPL and in view of his statistics goal-wise he has his fantastic contract to thank I feel for his second chance. All I can say is "go-for-it Andy".

For Lionel this could be his really big chance to gain further experience and increase his confidence for the return to the SPL and he could be a revelatioin in the future if this happens. The man has spirit and size, weight and athleticism so ....c'mon Lionel. It's up to Terry to look after his progress--training, skills etc.....and....put him on the left wing, smile.

When I first saw the team changes it looked depressingly scary and that sinking feeling of shock and awe returned . But now I can see a great light at the end of the tunnel (I phoned IHE and asked for a psychic reading and he said that's 1,000 quid and I said .."it's cheap at half the price" and Bob was my uncle) and if the spirit of the team can be re-kindled this season it could literally be a springboard for a bright future for ICT.

Anyway it's grin and bear it time so let's get on with it and back Terry to the hilt. I knew he and Maurice would stay courtesy of my own psychic feelings but I did not want to mention it earlier at a time of depression which may have affected my vibrations....... :tonguecheek:

I know what he was offered and he turned it down, he told the club what he would like and that was a little bit more than what they had offered, we're talking 50-100 pound more a week. what he asked for was less than half of the average players wage at ICT. you have to remember that these players have to pay for digs ect just like everyone else, they have to live. plus football is a short career so you have to look for the best deal, everyone would do the same in his position.

a lot of people on here are forgetting we aren't exactly the most desirable club to come to(and that was with SPL status), so what makes people think we are going to bring in any better players than what we have/had, we will be even less desirable now that we are in the first division. people f**king wake up. we made a mistake releasing pavel, wood and vigurs. these boys would have ripped the 1st division a part. ICT are long way from going straight back up.

Edited by CaleyP

I know what he was offered and he turned it down, he told the club what he would like and that was a little bit more than what they had offered, we're talking 50-100 pound more a week. what he asked for was less than half of the average players wage at ICT. you have to remember that these players have to pay for digs ect just like everyone else, they have to live. plus football is a short career so you have to look for the best deal, everyone would do the same in his position.

That's not quite what you said in your 1st post on here...

It's ashame to see as he showed some promise earlier in the season but this is a time when priorities come into practice.

Pleased that Jamie Duff is staying. I hope he gets a regular run in the team now that Pavels is away.

Although I'd predicted it, I'm disappointed that Vigurs isn't being offered a contract - some his performances early this season, notably the wins at Falkirk and Kilmarnock and the 3-2 defeat at Hearts, had me thinking I was watching potentially the best player the club has produced. It's clear Butcher had some sort of problem with him, however, and maybe the situation was beyond resolution. Also disappointed that Pavels has left, but I'd expected that too and I suspect Alex is right in saying that he wouldn't have wanted to play for us in the first division anyway.

I don't quite get all this hostility about McBain being offered another year: he may disappear during games from time to time, but he's an intelligent and experienced player who offers continuity within the club and he can fill in at left back as well as wide left or central midfield: surely these are all qualities that will help us make the transition back down to Div 1?

I wouldn't have minded seeing what Wood could do in that division either: he put in a few decent shifts for us early season. Still, I suppose TB has to be pretty selective about how to use the money is availiable, and if we can offer enough to Morais and Foran to persuade them to stay then it will have been worth getting rid of Wood.

Edited by alternative maryhill

Sad about Pavels, thought he brought out the best in Granty.

IMHO Vigurs should have been offered a contract instead of Kerr.

Hope Butcher can convince the others to sign up...I must say I'm a late convert to Foran.

Best for the players staying and leaving that a quick decision on their future at ICT has been made.

this was a offer from brew before christmas im talking about. butcher offered him nothing and never indicated he would do either..

sorry this was a offer from brew before christmas im talking about. butcher offered him nothing and never indicated he would do either..all offers were taken off the table when butcher came in.

this was a offer from brew before christmas im talking about. butcher offered him nothing and never indicated he would do either..

releasing vigurs+wood could be premature,what happens if morais,kerr+foran all dont sign contracts,just becasue there being offered it doesnt mean they,ll sign,would of been better waiting seeing what they do 1st

sorry this was a offer from brew before christmas im talking about. butcher offered him nothing and never indicated he would do either..all offers were taken off the table when butcher came in.

Thanks for clearing up that mis-understanding.

Thanks for clearing up that mis-understanding.

no probs. :tonguecheek:

releasing vigurs+wood could be premature,what happens if morais,kerr+foran all dont sign contracts,just becasue there being offered it doesnt mean they,ll sign,would of been better waiting seeing what they do 1st

But not really very fair on the players concerned leaving them hanging on Might have been better to accept the contract offered before Christmas though considering the current economic climate.

Got no qualms about McBain getting offered a deal. The best performance i saw him have this season was against Partick.

likewise, i do like McBain but i would choose a 20 year old with lots of potential over a 34 year old who is near the end of his career. thats why im saying its short sighted. logical really when you think about it.

But not really very fair on the players concerned leaving them hanging on Might have been better to accept the contract offered before Christmas though considering the current economic climate.

yeah but when have you ever heard of a player accepting the first offer? he had every right to ask for a wee bit more, any player/person would.

It must have been really frustrating for him sitting on the bench watching the team slide right down the table and unable to contribute anything.

CaleyP are you his agent by any chance?

no but maybe i should be. yeah he found it very frustrating as he felt he had a lot to offer the team in helping them stay up. the boy just wasn't given a chance to prove his worth under butcher. very sad indeed. there are a lot of people making assumptions about his attitude but i can tell you he has a fantastic attitude and just loves to play football.

It must have been really frustrating for him sitting on the bench watching the team slide right down the table and unable to contribute anything.

CaleyP are you his agent by any chance?

no but maybe i should be. yeah he found it very frustrating as he felt he had a lot to offer the team in helping them stay up. the boy just wasn't given a chance to prove his worth under butcher. very sad indeed. there are a lot of people making assumptions about his attitude but i can tell you he has a fantastic attitude and just loves to play football.

Just watching him play speaks volumes about his attitude... even when in the reserves.

Shame not everyone noticed that...